Callum Davidson Manager of the Year

Gerrard has had a good season, but for a Rangers manager to have a good season and win a title isn't exactly unheard of.

What Callum Davidson has just achieved, on the other hand, is completely unheard of in football, and there's a good chance it may never, ever be repeated again.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Gerrard has had a good season, but for a Rangers manager to have a good season and win a title isn't exactly unheard of.

What Callum Davidson has just achieved, on the other hand, is completely unheard of in football, and there's a good chance it may never, ever be repeated again.

Never say never.

Who would want an award which by its very nature favours the old firm... Callum has two trophies to prove he’s the best manager let St Steve bask in the glory of winning a two horse race against the second horse who fell at the first fence.

Times like these are special you just have to savour every second 

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

If Callum goes it won't be to a Scottish tea. They couldn't afford him.

Don't you think there's a possibility one of the OF could come knocking for him if he has another strong season?

I also think he may yet end up a contender for the Scotland job in the future.

Personally I don't think he'll be going anywhere this summer - he'll want to have that crack at Europe with us. But if he demonstrates that he's not just a one-season wonder, then the interest in him from elsewhere is really going to start ramping up.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Don't you think there's a possibility one of the OF could come knocking for him if he has another strong season?

I also think he may yet end up a contender for the Scotland job in the future.

Personally I don't think he'll be going anywhere this summer - he'll want to have that crack at Europe with us. But if he demonstrates that he's not just a one-season wonder, then the interest in him from elsewhere is really going to start ramping up.

Deffo future Scotland manager. Doesn’t seem to have the required level of cnutiness to be an OF manger, but who knows?

On 5/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, blueheaven said:

Will never be repeated.  

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Eh, what? Oh.

Invented by Dr John Abernethy in London as a treatment for digestive complaints. Nothing to do with Abernethy the place or, indeed, Scotland.

Basically, you’re having tea and diarrhoea medicine. 

I appreciate you & Hoodlum for making up for my lack of schooling.

36 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Will never be repeated.  

I have this feeling we might be in next year’s League Cup Final. With the byes for being in Europe, you only need four victories to win the thing. With Celtic rebuilding, and Rangers* seemingly allergic to cups, who knows?

We might also make a good try at 3rd, as well. We do seem better placed than the other non-OF teams in terms of having a settled team, and being financially fitter than most post-covid. The key will be to avoid having our usual clusterfek first quarter.

Chuck in some European adventures, and who knows - we might even have a season that rivals this last one.

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I have this feeling we might be in next year’s League Cup Final. With the byes for being in Europe, you only need four victories to win the thing. With Celtic rebuilding, and Rangers* seemingly allergic to cups, who knows?

We might also make a good try at 3rd, as well. We do seem better placed than the other non-OF teams in terms of having a settled team, and being financially fitter than most post-covid. The key will be to avoid having our usual clusterfek first quarter.

Chuck in some European adventures, and who knows - we might even have a season that rivals this last one.

I'd definitely say we should be able to have a bloody good stab at finishing higher than 5th. I suspect Aberdeen could be about to slide, and Hibs haven't looked anything special at any point this season, so for me there's a definite opportunity to claw our way higher up if we have a good start.

If we manage to get through to a European group stage, the games will really come thick and fast and the worry might be what impact that could have on our league performances. We'd definitely need a bigger squad.

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd definitely say we should be able to have a bloody good stab at finishing higher than 5th. I suspect Aberdeen could be about to slide, and Hibs haven't looked anything special at any point this season, so for me there's a definite opportunity to claw our way higher up if we have a good start.

If we manage to get through to a European group stage, the games will really come thick and fast and the worry might be what impact that could have on our league performances. We'd definitely need a bigger squad.

Just occurred to me, we’ll be playing (hopefully) a lot of league games on Sundays.