A message to all Saints fans...

skivealive

This season has been sensational. What this team has achieved is one of the great moments in Scottish (perhaps world) football.

When we all get back in the stadiums to support our team...lets SUPPORT our team! I don't think its any coincidence that the season without any fans has produced a resurgent Zander, a much improved Kane and a player of the season performance from Spoony etc.

If Spoony tries a stepover and looses possession....applaud, you'll skin him next time. Kane misses a chance...Na-na na naaaa Kanooo. If we lose a goal...encourage the team as much as you can!

Jason gave a great interview after the win, this team is full of confidence and never thinks they are out of a game. We have to share that belief and not get on their backs if we aren't creating/converting many chances. This unbelievable team is built on an incredible defense and hard work. I seriously doubt we are going to win many games 5 - 4 next season...but we can win lots 1-0 if we keep this team together and show our appreciation for some of the best defensive football the league has seen.

Drown out the boo boys. Support our history makers. Trust in Callum. COYS!!!

I think an interesting point here is: how much do you think the lack of fans has helped Saints this season?

Did it mean that, when things weren't going well early on, the players felt less pressure as the fans weren't on their backs? Did it take away the advantage of the bigger teams who might have more fans? Did the fact that we have fewer foreign players who might be missing their families (apart from Melamed) help us?

2 hours ago, Linky said:

I think an interesting point here is: how much do you think the lack of fans has helped Saints this season?

Did it mean that, when things weren't going well early on, the players felt less pressure as the fans weren't on their backs? Did it take away the advantage of the bigger teams who might have more fans? Did the fact that we have fewer foreign players who might be missing their families (apart from Melamed) help us?

Not so much the lack of foreign players but the number of homegrown players we have that have come through the youth setup and/or are local and know what days like yesterday means to the club - same applies off the park. Even the players that have come in (Rooney, McCart etc) have come from similar-sized teams. There are no big egos and we have a set of players that have notched up their years with Saints which I think is one of the big reasons behind the team spirit and never-give-up attitude on the park. 

I do think there's a tendency for Saints fans to be very critical of the players. It's always been that way. I remember I used to give Duncan Lambie absolute pelters most weeks. Not sure why I picked on him particularly, because I really liked him. Over the years I have seen occasions when it's definitely affected players.

I guess this happens with most teams. Is it any worse with us? I don't know. But I do agree that the resurgence in the players' confidence may not be unconnected to the lack of barracking from fans. 

So yes, let's be confident in our team. They've shown all season they're up for the fight.

6 minutes ago, sleepless said:

I do think there's a tendency for Saints fans to be very critical of the players. It's always been that way. I remember I used to give Duncan Lambie absolute pelters most weeks. Not sure why I picked on him particularly, because I really liked him. Over the years I have seen occasions when it's definitely affected players.

I guess this happens with most teams. Is it any worse with us? I don't know. But I do agree that the resurgence in the players' confidence may not be unconnected to the lack of barracking from fans. 

So yes, let's be confident in our team. They've shown all season they're up for the fight.

I think it’s worse elsewhere tbh