Parading the cups when?

BLUE MAGIC

17 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Did hear there was going to be a meet the whole team at McD when restrictions are lifted but for season ticket holders only so get buying them!!

The season ticket info on the official site mentions that one of the season ticket perks this season will be "Entry to a League Cup Final day, chance to get a photo with the trophy."

Not sure the club will be keen on having lots of fans meeting/shaking hands with the players, though? I imagine restrictions are still going to be pretty tight when the season kicks off again.

Hopefully the club/council won't yet have given up on having something bigger in the town over the summer. I think it's so important to do something that is open to the whole public and happens in the town. At the very least, I'd like to see both trophies put on display in town somewhere for a while, so that people can take photos with them (perhaps an empty unit in the St J centre could be used).

I don't see a problem with a parade in the coming weeks; it's outstide and restrictions are being eased in accordance with a route map.

I think the club should be doing everything possible to have a parade through the town - it would give us all a huge lift and an achievement like this needs to be observed properly.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I don't see a problem with a parade in the coming weeks; it's outstide and restrictions are being eased in accordance with a route map.

I think the club should be doing everything possible to have a parade through the town - it would give us all a huge lift and an achievement like this needs to be observed properly.

Don't outdoor public events still need to restrict numbers and adhere to social distancing? I'm not sure how you'd achieve that with a big free-for-all event filling the whole town like we had in 2014.

I guess all the players will be away on their holidays now anyway, so I don't think we'll see much happening until they're back for pre-season training.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Don't outdoor public events still need to restrict numbers and adhere to social distancing? I'm not sure how you'd achieve that with a big free-for-all event filling the whole town like we had in 2014.

I guess all the players will be away on their holidays now anyway, so I don't think we'll see much happening until they're back for pre-season training.

I agree the it may be around pre season training which in keeping with the route map we should be close to normality in some ways.

If done properly, this could end up working out well. We've done the double, and have season ticket renewals on the go, with a date advised for new ST sales. Hopefully we will get a bit of a bounce of that, but some might still be hesitant.

Parade the cup on a nice sunny day (I know!) in mid July, when we have fixtures and, hopefully, knowledge of what will happen with crowds, re-kindle some interest in the run-up to the new season.

1 hour ago, Shipa said:

If done properly, this could end up working out well. We've done the double, and have season ticket renewals on the go, with a date advised for new ST sales. Hopefully we will get a bit of a bounce of that, but some might still be hesitant.

Parade the cup on a nice sunny day (I know!) in mid July, when we have fixtures and, hopefully, knowledge of what will happen with crowds, re-kindle some interest in the run-up to the new season.

The easy bit was the double as you say:wink:

20 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

We’re now starting relatively late in Europe, and we won’t be playing in the LC Group stage. Presumably there will be friendlies therefore. I wonder if Saints will organise a joint glamour friendly (Leicester City, English Cup Winners?) and celebration day.

I was thinking almost exactly the same thing, a big name friendly and fun day to kick off the season, parade the cups, I'm sure most of us would pay a premium for something like that and make it viable financially.