Pre-Season 2021/22

garydavidson

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

As a season ticket holder who paid for his ticket over a month ago and still hasn't received it, who's patiently waited for it since, and who was pied by email and phone by the club since it was announced you'd need a number off your season ticket card to get a ticket, I'd have appreciated it if they'd had a live stream for season ticket holders today tbh.

That happened to me got in touch with the SLO on Thursday was emailed within 10 mins with my details and received my season ticket this morningĀ 

13 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

That happened to me got in touch with the SLO on Thursday was emailed within 10 mins with my details and received my season ticket this morningĀ 

Emailed this morning, passed to the club and not heard since, but don't expect they'll be in the office until Monday tbh.

Hopefully have it for the home game v Galatasaray...

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Seems like Devine is the real deal then?

Had a decent game but when the number 22 replaced number 2 he got skinned a few times but it may just have been that he was tiring at that point.

More than adequate replacement for Booth.

Brown looked ok as well especially in second half when the midfield changed & was more attack minded.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:31 PM, John Bonham said:

Really liked the look of Ballantyne today, maybe the player to step in and compete with Wotherspoon and cover when heā€™s sway with Canada (which will be often this season). Looks like he could step up!Ā 

He's the one who's really impressed me in the pre-season games too. Seems confident and eager to look for the ball.

In general I thought Saturday was a good showing from the team (Spoony in particular seems to be really flying at the moment - pulling out every trick in the book and willing to have a crack at goal from distance). My worry would be where the goals are going to come from, as we just don't seem particularly threatening up front. When you consider the fact that we often struggled to score goals last season and have lost three attacking players since then, I think it's very clear that we really need some business to be done at that end of the pitch sooner rather than later.

Ā 

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

He's the one who's really impressed me in the pre-season games too. Seems confident and eager to look for the ball.

In general I thought Saturday was a good showing from the team (Spoony in particular seems to be really flying at the moment - pulling out every trick in the book and willing to have a crack at goal from distance). My worry would be where the goals are going to come from, as we just don't seem particularly threatening up front. When you consider the fact that we often struggled to score goals last season and have lost three attacking players since then, I think it's very clear that we really need some business to be done at that end of the pitch sooner rather than later.

Ā 

Yup totally agree. I donā€™t know how much hope we can put in to the middleton return but it feels like he could be key this season.Ā 
Ā 

spoony was great but I just wondered if he had a knock at the end of the first half or was just knackered. It looked like something not quite right when he went off. Hopefully its nothing. Really going to have to manage his training schedule carefully this season, heā€™s barely had a break, has potentially a huge amount of games for Canada and associated travelling to come this season too, thatā€™s particularly why I was paying close attention to Ballantyne to see if he can fill the role. Looks promising.Ā 

53 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Yup totally agree. I donā€™t know how much hope we can put in to the middleton return but it feels like he could be key this season.Ā 
Ā 

spoony was great but I just wondered if he had a knock at the end of the first half or was just knackered. It looked like something not quite right when he went off. Hopefully its nothing. Really going to have to manage his training schedule carefully this season, heā€™s barely had a break, has potentially a huge amount of games for Canada and associated travelling to come this season too, thatā€™s particularly why I was paying close attention to Ballantyne to see if he can fill the role. Looks promising.Ā 

Spoony had a knock he was really struggling coming up the stairs in the second half to sit with the subs.Ā 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Strange to see pictures from Ibrox of fans without any face coverings on during the match and yet at Perth we were asked to keep them on. Surely it has to be a Scotland wide requirement.Ā 

Were we? I genuinely didn'tĀ know that. I wore mine on entry but didn't have it on while the game was on....the majority of those aroundĀ me didn'tĀ have theirs on either.

1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

Were we? I genuinely didn'tĀ know that. I wore mine on entry but didn't have it on while the game was on....the majority of those aroundĀ me didn'tĀ have theirs on either.

The majority round me in the main stand wore them sure thats whet the info from saints said

Ā