garydavidson

Pre-Season 2021/22

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Just thought I'd mention on here that it's a 1pm kick-off, just in case anyone missed that!

Probably also worth mentioning the entry times are staggered per row (at least in the Ormond). I've to be there between 11:30 and 12:00!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Checked Saints TV and Fleetwood Town TV looks like neither are televising the game or transmitting live audio.

Yeah there I'd at least something in fleetwoods I follow. Wither that will become PPV or not I don't know 

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/july/-vs-fleetwood-town-on-24-jul-21/

Comes to ****ing something where only Arbroath have managed to give an actual PPV offering.

A week away from the start of the season and we are still none the wiser what saints TVs will be offering this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Yeah there I'd at least something in fleetwoods I follow. Wither that will become PPV or not I don't know 

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/matches/fixtures/first-team/202122/july/-vs-fleetwood-town-on-24-jul-21/

Comes to ****ing something where only Arbroath have managed to give an actual PPV offering.

A week away from the start of the season and we are still none the wiser what saints TVs will be offering this year

Why do people expect pre season streams? 
 

I used to go to home and away games and you’d often have 50-100 fans there. We’ve no right to demand the club bring people in to stream these. They’d probably lose money. 
 

Season Ticket holders are guaranteed stream access to home games this season I think, to cover any Covid restrictions or isolation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Why do people expect pre season streams? 
 

I used to go to home and away games and you’d often have 50-100 fans there. We’ve no right to demand the club bring people in to stream these. They’d probably lose money. 
 

Season Ticket holders are guaranteed stream access to home games this season I think, to cover any Covid restrictions or isolation. 

I'm sure Saints have more pressing matters to attend to in these difficult times, than stream a nothing at stake friendly match.

Like anything else, you can please some of the people some of the time , but you'll Never please All of the people All of the time.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Why do people expect pre season streams? 

I can only speak for myself. We may be a provincial team but we won the cup double and top 6 finish. We as a club have done very well on our limited budget. Having access to to all the SPFL Premiership TV streams we are sad lacking in our service to fans compared to other clubs. Some of us saw the professional transmission by Arbroath. Do Arbroath have a bigger budget than us.? Do Arbroath and other clubs care more about their supporters that cannot get to the match for whatever reason? 

When I was in Scotland I very rarely missed a home or an away match which I attended with my brother in law. Unfortunately (my decision) I now live abroad and I rely on Saints TV for the games. We did get friendly matches broadcast but not this season. If there is a problem with saints tv this pre season the very least the club should is tell the subscribers and explain the circumstances.

Why do I expect pre-season streams? We are a top club and we should  be able to provided a top club service to supporters. All others do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I can only speak for myself. We may be a provincial team but we won the cup double and top 6 finish. We as a club have done very well on our limited budget. Having access to to all the SPFL Premiership TV streams we are sad lacking in our service to fans compared to other clubs. Some of us saw the professional transmission by Arbroath. Do Arbroath have a bigger budget than us.? Do Arbroath and other clubs care more about their supporters that cannot get to the match for whatever reason? 

When I was in Scotland I very rarely missed a home or an away match which I attended with my brother in law. Unfortunately (my decision) I now live abroad and I rely on Saints TV for the games. We did get friendly matches broadcast but not this season. If there is a problem with saints tv this pre season the very least the club should is tell the subscribers and explain the circumstances.

Why do I expect pre-season streams? We are a top club and we should  be able to provided a top club service to supporters. All others do. 

Fair enough .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

I can only speak for myself. We may be a provincial team but we won the cup double and top 6 finish. We as a club have done very well on our limited budget. Having access to to all the SPFL Premiership TV streams we are sad lacking in our service to fans compared to other clubs. Some of us saw the professional transmission by Arbroath. Do Arbroath have a bigger budget than us.? Do Arbroath and other clubs care more about their supporters that cannot get to the match for whatever reason? 

When I was in Scotland I very rarely missed a home or an away match which I attended with my brother in law. Unfortunately (my decision) I now live abroad and I rely on Saints TV for the games. We did get friendly matches broadcast but not this season. If there is a problem with saints tv this pre season the very least the club should is tell the subscribers and explain the circumstances.

Why do I expect pre-season streams? We are a top club and we should  be able to provided a top club service to supporters. All others do. 

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

I'm sure Saints have more pressing matters to attend to in these difficult times, than stream a nothing at stake friendly match.

Like anything else, you can please some of the people some of the time , but you'll Never please All of the people All of the time.

As a season ticket holder who paid for his ticket over a month ago and still hasn't received it, who's patiently waited for it since, and who was pied by email and phone by the club since it was announced you'd need a number off your season ticket card to get a ticket, I'd have appreciated it if they'd had a live stream for season ticket holders today tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Get in touch with SLO on Twitter and it’ll get sorted 

I have aye, its a bit ridiculous how much is put on her shoulders though. Zero chance a professional club should be relying on fans getting in touch with SLO to receive a season ticket almost 2 months after they ordered it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...