Streakers at McD

Melbourne Saint

A bit of a rarity (that may be a good thing), but I've only witnessed a couple of streakers at McD that I can remember. One was a pert blonde lady- to be honest that was nice, and even nicer later(!) the other was a bloke who was completely unwrapped, had a fantastic turn of pace, shimmied a few security lads near the centre circle. Then headed to the wall (between Main/Ormond) with a small following of security behind him. Somehow jumped that and into the carpark. I'm not into streakers particularly, but he was talented. Someone will know- was he up from England for a bucks do? 

10 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

A bit of a rarity (that may be a good thing), but I've only witnessed a couple of streakers at McD that I can remember. One was a pert blonde lady- to be honest that was nice, and even nicer later(!) the other was a bloke who was completely unwrapped, had a fantastic turn of pace, shimmied a few security lads near the centre circle. Then headed to the wall (between Main/Ormond) with a small following of security behind him. Somehow jumped that and into the carpark. I'm not into streakers particularly, but he was talented. Someone will know- was he up from England for a bucks do? 

Pics of the blond or you made it up....

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I remember two during the Sturrock days. The now infamous chap that jumped the fence with plenty of clearance. There was also another guy who got caught/gave no real chase. I believe the court let him off as he said he raised money for charity.

As long as that's the only thing he raised.:laugh:

On 7/3/2021 at 7:51 AM, Melbourne Saint said:

the other was a bloke who was completely unwrapped, had a fantastic turn of pace, shimmied a few security lads near the centre circle. Then headed to the wall (between Main/Ormond) with a small following of security behind him. Somehow jumped that and into the carpark. I'm not into streakers particularly, but he was talented.

From memory, this one was in 1997 on the day we were presented with the 1st Division trophy (possibly against St Midden?) after we had won the league by 19 points or something. I was in the Ormond stand (aged about 13). He completely floored 2 stewards and a cop I think and made it over the big gate into the car park, which is no mean feat. I seem to remember the PA announcer at the time saying something like "Substitution for St Johnstone: No 1 Alan Main for a Streaker" as Main stood pissing himself laughing at it, then made another announcement saying Tayside police were looking for a donation of a spare pair of trousers.  I doubt an announcer would get away with that these days.

I remember another one a couple of seasons later against Killie which was also a guy, but he didn't put up quite a fight against the security.

33 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

I know a guy who done it and was banned from McDiarmid but was still there every week in disguise and the stewards never clicked.

We all know the guy who vaulted the fence, he's a great guy (probably best not to name him) - grew up in the same street as him, and i can tell you he was no half as daft as he is now! 

Great performance from the ex-army lad who took the perimeter wall like he was on a training exercise!

8 hours ago, MySpazz said:

We all know the guy who vaulted the fence, he's a great guy (probably best not to name him) - grew up in the same street as him, and i can tell you he was no half as daft as he is now! 

Great performance from the ex-army lad who took the perimeter wall like he was on a training exercise!

And that’s not the guy I’m on about.