Kits 21/22

garydavidson

Not a big fan. I'm sorry. I feel like I say this every year but there's just too many "extra bits". Get rid of the yellow bits and I'd like it a lot more. (And of course I think the socks should be white, but that's what I always think).

I thought we had a great opportunity this season to do something with a bit of meaning. Either a retro-style kit celebrating the 50th anniversary of our 71/72 UEFA Cup run, or something that gives a nod to last season's Cup double win. Instead it just feels like another meh effort from Macron.

Hope the away kit's a bit more interesting (and isn't just yellow or white again).

32 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Hope the away kit's a bit more interesting (and isn't just yellow or white again).

When I look at that home top I just get the impression there is a route available for the away top to be a white inversion of it, not sure if that spans from the shorts.

Looking at some of the macron kits they have done pretty well this year. Dundee uniteds main kit is probably worst of them all. 

Personally think the yellow on the kit is good pretty similar to the Chelsea kit in that respect. 

On the socks always think they should really stand out and be as bright as possible so white might have been better that and just to please blue heaven. 

Did notice the twitter boy on st johnstone fc news was pretty scathing of it. 

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

When I look at that home top I just get the impression there is a route available for the away top to be a white inversion of it, not sure if that spans from the shorts.

Quite possibly right. Of course, the fact we were blue shorts in the Stenny friendly could just be last years shorts, but maybe from this year too?

On the home strip, I quite like it. Yellow is a good touch and breaks it up a bit.

For an away, I'd quite like a red top, blue shorts and white socks. Just for a bit of a change, but also allows club to mix it up a bit with the home strip when there is a clash. Even red and white stripes like the old bukta ones. Would be an athletico madrid look. 

Teal and Magenta would be good and if the club are savvy, they'd get right on it as supporters are asking for it.

I think for Europe, we need 3 strips, so would assume last years away becomes the 3rd, so away unlikely to be yellow this year. 

17 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Quite possibly right. Of course, the fact we were blue shorts in the Stenny friendly could just be last years shorts, but maybe from this year too?

On the home strip, I quite like it. Yellow is a good touch and breaks it up a bit.

For an away, I'd quite like a red top, blue shorts and white socks. Just for a bit of a change, but also allows club to mix it up a bit with the home strip when there is a clash. Even red and white stripes like the old bukta ones. Would be an athletico madrid look. 

Teal and Magenta would be good and if the club are savvy, they'd get right on it as supporters are asking for it.

I think for Europe, we need 3 strips, so would assume last years away becomes the 3rd, so away unlikely to be yellow this year. 

Red white and blue 

hope not EVER 

1 hour ago, saintgscot said:

Looks like some one painted something half orange half black and used a pencil to mix in in the middle. Something like a kid Would do in nursery.

You could be right. Maybe it’s just another piece in their world beating, super-duper, unrivalled youth community conveyor belt of talent system. Zzzzzz!