Kits 21/22

garydavidson

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Maybe there's a reason ....like, it won't suffice in terms of league guidelines on colours? 

Possibly, and it might be that we'd also need to have something else in back-up as a third kit - but if last season's away kit (which didn't remotely serve the purpose of an away kit, given that it was at least 50% blue) can get the OK, then surely a green and purple kit can.

54 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Any idea of average delivery time from Saints Direct? Ordered from them yesterday, but no estimated delivery date.

In my experience usually over a week. Had a look last night for a leisure or training t shirt or the away top, not much to be had in the medium large stock, which us good for saints they are moving it, but hopefully can more stock as there is obviously high demand, and nake the most if these heady times when they are held in such high esteem ,marketing and retail dream.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

s-l1600.jpgOld lamb badge track top, remake on ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185034104542

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185034104542

Nice top. Very 80's. Is it still made of highly flammable polyethylene? Incidentally, I also like your Baltic pine. How much per square metre?

Edited by Melbourne Saint

11 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Nice top. Very 80's. Is it still made of highly flammable polyethylene? Incidentally, I also like your Baltic pine. How much per square metre?

Not sure, but the boards are fairly wide which is proving troublesome when replacing the ones that split! They are over 100 years old.

Shirt is a recent remake, just one of them available, thought someone might like it. More for fun that profit....alas, XXL is not in great demand.

9 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Not sure, but the boards are fairly wide which is proving troublesome when replacing the ones that split! They are over 100 years old.

Shirt is a recent remake, just one of them available, thought someone might like it. More for fun that profit....alas, XXL is not in great demand.

Xxl would suit Hoodlum to a T.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, MySpazz said:

Saw this online, lots of folk have asked me for this, but they are quite rare and a nice top (the BLK ones are indestructible tbf)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174978643849

Have to say, for me this is one of the worst kits we've ever had. It looks like four or five different ideas for a shirt all being used at the same time. :laugh:

14 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Have to say, for me this is one of the worst kits we've ever had. It looks like four or five different ideas for a shirt all being used at the same time. :laugh:

But that's it, the uglier the better.....i just think we got what people moaned about: "custom kit" and now people moan that it's too custom!!!! :)

Mon then, what's your fav kit of late.... collar or no collar? Yellow or white for away kit? White or blue shorts :)

I know the season has only just started but can we discuss next seasons kit!!!! :0 

9 hours ago, MySpazz said:

But that's it, the uglier the better.....i just think we got what people moaned about: "custom kit" and now people moan that it's too custom!!!! :)

Mon then, what's your fav kit of late.... collar or no collar? Yellow or white for away kit? White or blue shorts :)

I know the season has only just started but can we discuss next seasons kit!!!! :0 

My favourite subject. :D

Personally I'm not really fussed about whether or not we have a 'custom kit'. My preference is always a fairly simple blue shirt, white shorts, and white socks of course :)  - if you look here you'll see we haven't had that since 1980 (41 years ago!). Just once I'd love for us to get a blue shirt that doesn't have loads of unnecessary white or yellow flashes and lines and stripes all over it.

I still say that for this season we should have gone with a modern remake of this design to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our 1971/72 European run...

EmtWc_cXEAI9qH8.jpg.16e1b1dcaac255f6a178f8f87b3ff1c8.jpg

My favourite from more recent years is the 2014 Cup Final kit, or the one we wore during the 2013/14 season. Both fairly simple designs without too much going on. I also really liked our 2003/04 kit, even though it reminds me of one of the least enjoyable seasons I've ever endured.

I agree with you when it comes to away kits, though. We should go crazy with the away kit - do something completely out there that gets noticed. That's why people still talk about the teal and magenta kit. The further from boring white or yellow the better, at least for a couple of years.

8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

My favourite subject. :D

Personally I'm not really fussed about whether or not we have a 'custom kit'. My preference is always a fairly simple blue shirt, white shorts, and white socks of course :)  - if you look here you'll see we haven't had that since 1980 (41 years ago!). Just once I'd love for us to get a blue shirt that doesn't have loads of unnecessary white or yellow flashes and lines and stripes all over it.

I still say that for this season we should have gone with a modern remake of this design to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our 1971/72 European run...

EmtWc_cXEAI9qH8.jpg.16e1b1dcaac255f6a178f8f87b3ff1c8.jpg

My favourite from more recent years is the 2014 Cup Final kit, or the one we wore during the 2013/14 season. Both fairly simple designs without too much going on. I also really liked our 2003/04 kit, even though it reminds me of one of the least enjoyable seasons I've ever endured.

I agree with you when it comes to away kits, though. We should go crazy with the away kit - do something completely out there that gets noticed. That's why people still talk about the teal and magenta kit. The further from boring white or yellow the better, at least for a couple of years.

That strip and that team would walk the current league