Cash for questions

mainstand

I see Rangers/Sevco an ouncing that the press have to become partners in order to attend matches at Ibrox. they have also stopped the press from attending friendlies at away matches. 

£25k for a year. For a journalist and photographer to attend matches and get 5 exclusives. 

Surely SFA and SPFL  step in and stop this before it impacts on sponsorship deals.  Money grabbing at its worst. 

What the papers should do is boycott it and Rangers and see who misses out 

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

I see Rangers/Sevco an ouncing that the press have to become partners in order to attend matches at Ibrox. they have also stopped the press from attending friendlies at away matches. 

£25k for a year. For a journalist and photographer to attend matches and get 5 exclusives. 

Surely SFA and SPFL  step in and stop this before it impacts on sponsorship deals.  Money grabbing at its worst. 

What the papers should do is boycott it and Rangers and see who misses out 

1) Here's me thinking they were already partners.

2) Hardly likely, I'm sure Sevco didn't think to inform any higher (ha ha) authority before they announced their intentions. It would have made no difference the SFA/SPFL are toothless as far as being able to restrain the loose cannon at Ibrox.

Edited by Indicator

8 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

£25k is a lot of cash these days for newspapers to find. Could be just 1 lonely Daily Ranger reporter at games. Don’t think they are letting the BBC in yet either. Very odd for a business to try to get LESS publicity.

The record have seemingly refused to pay it. There is only one and that is one of the fans sites. There is a photographer who many thought was employed by Rangers who is actually freelance and they have refused him access to games unless he stumps up £25k. 

8 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Bonkers. Unless the plan is to drive out the press, allowing Rangers to totally control their own narrative. But won’t papers just plant reporters in the crowd?

You are probably correct they will want total control.

Planting reporters in the crowd would not work as they would stand out from the normal clientele if they took notes whether electronically or in notebooks.  Grunt grunt - "who he, what's that thing in his haun"?  "He's no singing FTP, must be fae ra Sun, get him flung oot"!