Premier Sports Cup 2021/22

Cagey

Played well, just one mistake and they scored from it. I find Crawford a very frustrating player, he can have a moment of genius but then look completely out of his depth for the rest of the time. It feels like he's always out of position, or something.

I prefer Brown as the right-sided centre back. I think he's a player who is really developing this season.

I can see why Davidson won't play Vertainen at the moment, he spent most of his time jogging around the pitch. Decent skill and can get a shot away, but not much interest in chasing balls down.

The yellow cards being thrown around to both sides were ridiculous. Hope Wotherspoon isn't too badly injured.

When you are up against the Celtic front three that were there it is going to be difficult if you play open football. When you play as defensively as we did, its going to be difficult to avoid the one 'mistake' that costs a goal.

We did well to keep them out for as long as possible but didn't really have the bench that would allow Callum to change things.

Can't really complain....had we played the Celtic of last year, or the early stages of this season it might have been different.

39 minutes ago, Linky said:

Played well, just one mistake and they scored from it. I find Crawford a very frustrating player, he can have a moment of genius but then look completely out of his depth for the rest of the time. It feels like he's always out of position, or something.

I prefer Brown as the right-sided centre back. I think he's a player who is really developing this season.

I can see why Davidson won't play Vertainen at the moment, he spent most of his time jogging around the pitch. Decent skill and can get a shot away, but not much interest in chasing balls down.

The yellow cards being thrown around to both sides were ridiculous. Hope Wotherspoon isn't too badly injured.

The Fin looks lost and can go home anytime in my opinion. Would love to be proved wrong though. 

The ref lost the plot and was affected by Celtic's comments in the week.

It's honestly pathetic folk writing off Vertainen. He's made about 3 10 minute appearances and I think the games already been lost by the time he's appeared in all 3.

Folk calling him a "fraud" on P&B FFS. 

Absolutely no idea why folk are determined he'll be shite. Suspect nothing will change their minds now though.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

It's honestly pathetic folk writing off Vertainen. He's made about 3 10 minute appearances and I think the games already been lost by the time he's appeared in all 3.

Absolutely no idea why folk are determined he'll be shite. Suspect nothing will change their minds now though.

I think he has potential. He can beat a player, and he got a good shot away. From what I saw though, he the pace seems a bit much for him at the moment, and he's not keen on pressing and tracking back (which is what our game is all about). I could see him being useful against in a game when you're putting the pressure on and need to break down the defence.

33 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think he has potential. He can beat a player, and he got a good shot away. From what I saw though, he the pace seems a bit much for him at the moment, and he's not keen on pressing and tracking back (which is what our game is all about). I could see him being useful against in a game when you're putting the pressure on and need to break down the defence.

He was signed to provide something different, not to be a clone of Kane and May. I've no idea how people can't see that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He came when we were ahead at Pittodrie,still looked uncomfortable

Wish people would give young Etu a break.

At one point tonight he created space for himself and got a left footed shot away.  Maybe not the strongest shot but at least it made Hart save it.

Hopefully with Kane suspended for Hibs match then Etu can be on form the start and then we can see what he has to offer rather than a 10 minute  sub appearance.

2 hours ago, akuram said:

The Fin looks lost and can go home anytime in my opinion. Would love to be proved wrong though. 

The ref lost the plot and was affected by Celtic's comments in the week.

Don't agree with first statement as I think he managed to get one shot away & had a decent dribble into the box but should have passed to Kane who was free but you can't blame the guy for trying to score & impress when he hasn't had a chance.

Yeah , Celtic chairman's did have the desired effect on Ref as he was swayed by the crowd the whole game. I wonder how we would have got on with no fans in the stadium.

Think we showed them too much respect sitting deep & allowing them possession & if you do that you can lose the game to a mistake or a lucky break.

When we opened up after losing the goal we caused them problems as their defence is poor. We will never know what would have happened if we had been more open, probably lost 4-0 but we might have done better.

1 hour ago, saintgscot said:

Luckily all fans safe and no one hurt.

Hi, I'm a retained firey from Auchterarder. When extinguishing the fire i noticed an iPhone 12 or 13, so picked up, powered on and it had a picture of a dad and I assume his lassie.

One of the other fireys recognised him as Barry Stuart from MKM.

I don't have social media but if anyone on here knows him then please let him know his phone is with the police.

Cheers.

Stefan

Edited by ASC1980