Premier Sports Cup 2021/22

Cagey

On a side note sky news this morning made comparisons to COVID restrictions North and South of the border stating COVID passports were required to access Hampden yesterday yet wouldn’t be needed at Man City today, out of curiosity did anyone show anybody their COVID pass as I certainly wasn’t required to do so.

10 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Wish people would give young Etu a break.

At one point tonight he created space for himself and got a left footed shot away.  Maybe not the strongest shot but at least it made Hart save it.

Hopefully with Kane suspended for Hibs match then Etu can be on form the start and then we can see what he has to offer rather than a 10 minute  sub appearance.

Would hope so but even with 3 strikers missing I still don't think Callum will play him . Even yesterday they had him stripped ready to come on then told him to put his bib back on for another 5 mins. Even when he did get on he was getting told by Gordon to go wide at the same time Kane telling him to come closer.

If Vertainan doesn't start on Saturday then we will know that CD doesn't rate him . I think he showed on Saturday that given a decent run in the team he could give us something different.

Can't get guys writing him off on the strength of a few 10 minute cameos. It takes a while for players to gel into a formation.

8 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

On a side note sky news this morning made comparisons to COVID restrictions North and South of the border stating COVID passports were required to access Hampden yesterday yet wouldn’t be needed at Man City today, out of curiosity did anyone show anybody their COVID pass as I certainly wasn’t required to do so.

Announcement when we reached the barriers that we had to show Covid passport. I showed my pass but had the feeling I could have just flashed a bit of A4 and would have got in.

12 hours ago, Linky said:

I think he has potential. He can beat a player, and he got a good shot away. From what I saw though, he the pace seems a bit much for him at the moment, and he's not keen on pressing and tracking back (which is what our game is all about). I could see him being useful against in a game when you're putting the pressure on and need to break down the defence.

‘What our game is all about’ has clearly not been working for the past few months and it shows no signs of improvement. For me, it’s time to rip that up and try something else. If this involves fielding one or two luxury players, then so be it.

We've scored 44 goals in 51 league games under Davidson, 11 coming against Killie/Hamilton. 

I'd say, if we're assuming Vertainen doesn't defend how Davidson wants, which seems likely, that we need them to meet in the middle somewhere. Vertainen to help out more defensively, but also Davidson to give our attackers more freedom to be attackers. We're on course to score to score 24 goals over the league season. It doesn't work like that obviously, but it highlights our problem and why Vertainen was likely signed in the first place.

Not saying Saints were the better team or deserved to win but at least we showed up. Beforehand this had either  4-0 thumping written all over it or defend 95% of the game and lose out to a mistake. A few poor decisions when we did get the chances. A fluffed kick by Zander but Jota practically caught it when it rolled down his arms. 100% sure VAR would have ruled it out, 4 officials just turning a blind eye. Yellow cards being dished out for next to nothing. Rooney probably lucky to stay on the pitch. Plus Jota going to ground so easy when up against Brown. I think Brown is looking a decent player. Eetu looked okay from what I saw, lets hope we get to see him start against Hibs. Not blaming Eetu but all the "time to adjust" talk, we needed someone that knew Scottish football and was ready from the start of the season, not that we would have had lots of options but maybe someone should have forseen that.

5 hours ago, Saline Saint said:

We were asked to - we were pretty early into the area round Hampden though. Stewards were checking at the end of the road to the ground

Much as expected yesterday including the disgraceful display by Walsh. I take it Shaun was taken off before he was sent off. You could see he'd lost it after he was assaulted and a bit surprised he lasted that long.

The one thing that did frustrate me was the lack of pressurising Hart. We almost got a goal out of Mikey's excellent block and then he fluffed it again in the second half. Not too much else really. I thought we really missed Stevie for doing that. 

I'm taking some solace from losing our first cup at Hampden in a semi-final against one of the Old Firm rather than on penalties at Arbroath in our first game defending it. :blink:

As soon as I saw Forrest come on I knew he would have a part in it. Hate playing that guy. 

One of these days where Celtic had loads of the ball but Zander never really had any saves. Moh unlucky with his challenge that the ball never went in. 

Overall proud of saints. 

Glad to see that the fans involved in the bus fire all seem to be okay. 

We are all quick to moan about stewarding at games  but praise where praise is due  thought the stewards in the south stand yesterday were brilliant. 

48 minutes ago, Sergei said:

The one thing that did frustrate me was the lack of pressurising Hart. We almost got a goal out of Mikey's excellent block and then he fluffed it again in the second half. Not too much else really. I thought we really missed Stevie for doing that. 

I think the problem was the midfield was being bullied out of the game and so Kane and MOH had to drop back to help them so the opportunities for pressing Hart were few and far between

9 hours ago, Saline Saint said:

We were a group of five and all had to show them. They weren't scanned or anything, just a quick glance then on you go. Just going through the motions I suppose.

1 hour ago, templeofsaints said:

I think the problem was the midfield was being bullied out of the game and so Kane and MOH had to drop back to help them so the opportunities for pressing Hart were few and far between

I thought one of those mid field players was our man Of The Match..step forward please Mr Bryson