Premier Sports Cup 2021/22

Cagey

On 11/12/2021 at 4:53 PM, Sergei said:

Because it's a lazy, copy and paste line used without thought as the only known response by people that won't accept that the Browns aren't perfect, refuse to accept anything close to criticism when finances are mentioned and won't accept that underspending can be as damaging as overspending. It's ridiculous hyperbole used as a defence mechanism. 

You're right of course. 110%. 

OMG  someone has the hump :laugh: 

1 - It was never copied and pasted. 

2 - I did think about it I thought how can I tell this guy he is havering whilst being nice about it. 

3 - Yes I agree underspending is a danger and is something that you have to be careful of. But to criticise someone for underspending when they have successfully run the club through one of the most difficult periods football in the world has gone through in history is akin to criticising Callum for only winning the double last season.  

4 - I take it you are not a fan of the Browns which raises the question WHY??

What a day this should be, noticed some people moaning about the kick off time, but I’m sure for large swathes of our fanbase 5.15 on a Saturday evening in Glasgow could not have been handpicked better.

Disappointing to hear whispers that we’ve not sold well at all, but I’m sure that the saints fans will be boisterous on Saturday, and we should remember we only had 3,000 at Ibrox against a sea of dandies in 2014 and the small band of Saints fans were all you could hear come full time. 

international break obviously came at a good time and should have close to our best team for what feels like the first time in months. 

Clark

Rooney Brown Gordon McCart Booth

Bryson Davidson Craig

Spoony 

May

Harsh on Kane, but think May has looked sharper over the last month.

Be a tough shift, but no reason we should be fearful, there’s proven winners all through the team. Up and at them. 

In regards to low ticket sales I think one of the problems is that Saints havent be able to lay a glove on Celtic for quite some time. Its the fixture I always dread. Think we got to around the 80th minute before conceding in the cup just before the first covid lockdown but its really been a horrible fixture for quite a while now.

In the league a lot of folk will usually take a 3-0 beating before the game. Its a one off game with more at stake so would really hope we can do something this time. Got to beat them sometime, well thats what you hope, no idea how Livi manage it.

2 hours ago, Ali91 said:

What a day this should be, noticed some people moaning about the kick off time, but I’m sure for large swathes of our fanbase 5.15 on a Saturday evening in Glasgow could not have been handpicked better.

Disappointing to hear whispers that we’ve not sold well at all, but I’m sure that the saints fans will be boisterous on Saturday, and we should remember we only had 3,000 at Ibrox against a sea of dandies in 2014 and the small band of Saints fans were all you could hear come full time. 

international break obviously came at a good time and should have close to our best team for what feels like the first time in months. 

Clark

Bryson Davidson Craig

Spoony 

May

Be a tough shift, but no reason we should be fearful, there’s proven winners all through the team. Up and at them. 

Not a chance in hell Kane doesn't start.

38 minutes ago, Rob said:

In regards to low ticket sales I think one of the problems is that Saints havent be able to lay a glove on Celtic for quite some time. Its the fixture I always dread. Think we got to around the 80th minute before conceding in the cup just before the first covid lockdown but its really been a horrible fixture for quite a while now.

In the league a lot of folk will usually take a 3-0 beating before the game. Its a one off game with more at stake so would really hope we can do something this time. Got to beat them sometime, well thats what you hope, no idea how Livi manage it.

Current form isn’t exactly helping either. We are grim to watch just now 

2 hours ago, Ali91 said:

Clark

Bryson Davidson Craig

Spoony 

May

I think Callum will go 5 .4.1 with Mikey up front on his own in the hope that we can throw a long ball over the top for Mikey to use his pace in behind.

Like to think we would pass the ball to each other rather than try to just punt the ball clear & give possession away like we have been doing the last 4 games.

27 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Not a chance in hell Kane doesn't start.

Agreed he won’t be dropped, and his performances in games that we don’t have much of the ball in probably justify that to be fair, just feel May has looked the sharper of the two recently, and his performance at home to Celtic last season when we got sucker punched by two late goals is the sort of performance that will help drive us on on Saturday. 

Spooney never got on the park for Canada so at least he won't be injured. Imagine he won't be home til at least Thursday so not much time to work on tactics. Would have expected him to be on bench but with May & Middleton missing we may have to play him.

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Spooney never got on the park for Canada so at least he won't be injured. Imagine he won't be home til at least Thursday so not much time to work on tactics. Would have expected him to be on bench but with May & Middleton missing we may have to play him.

I think Spoony's started after coming back from most/all of his international trips, so I reckon he'll start this one. I'm expecting:

____________Clark

_____Muller Gordon McCart

Rooney Davidson Bryson Booth

____MOH___________Spoony

____________Kane

... possibly with Crawford in place of either MOH or Spoony.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Looks like Celtic are running scared!

1.png

Putting pressure on the ref. The shareholders at the AGM where saying the board should do something about the fact that Kane should have been sent off for trying to retrieve the ball from under Carter thingy & Carter should not have got a yellow.

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I think Spoony's started after coming back from most/all of his international trips, so I reckon he'll start this one. I'm expecting:

____________Clark

_____Muller Gordon McCart

Rooney Davidson Bryson Booth

____MOH___________Spoony

____________Kane

... possibly with Crawford in place of either MOH or Spoony.

I always think our best performance happen when Liam is playing in the middle of the park. Even going back a couple of seasons when we brought in the ex rangers guy and only when they dropped him and brought back Liam we started playing again. No doubt RG will be able to disprove or prove my theory with some stats.