Galatasary v Saints, 05/08/21

St. Paddy

31 minutes ago, Twilight Saint said:

I'm out in the USA, does anyone know if the game will be covered on a streaming service out here? CBS / Paramount + have the rights to the Europa League but can't tell if they are covering qualifiers. Mon the Saintees!!

Paramount plus had a bunch of the CL qualifiers last week. There's a decent chance for coverage given the size of the Galatasaray fan base, but their schedule hasn't been published yet. 

12 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

Paramount plus had a bunch of the CL qualifiers last week. There's a decent chance for coverage given the size of the Galatasaray fan base, but their schedule hasn't been published yet. 

Yeah I signed up for Paramount + the other day, hoping they are showing it. I've tweeted CBS Sports and Paramount + to ask if they are showing but not heard anything back yet. Hoping there will be a live stream from Turkish TV somewhere if can't get it on a service. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. Cheers

2 hours ago, Twilight Saint said:

Yeah I signed up for Paramount + the other day, hoping they are showing it. I've tweeted CBS Sports and Paramount + to ask if they are showing but not heard anything back yet. Hoping there will be a live stream from Turkish TV somewhere if can't get it on a service. I'll let you know if I hear anything else. Cheers

Should be on hesgoals

Still no word on it being shown on a non illegal stream? Would have thought Saints TV could show it?

On the game, I'd go with much the same 11 as Saturday. Whole squad will need to be used though as I can imagine the heat will be a factor. I wonder then if MOH might be used as an impact sub with his pace as they tire a bit?

Obviously, need to keep it tight. The nightmare would be to loose early as that would end up a long night. If we can stifle them, then their fans might get a bit restless and they start getting too adventurous, which might allow us to hit them on the break.

Obviously want a win, but so long as we come away keeping the tie still alive, that would be a result. 

Edited by TheYellowBox

1 minute ago, TheYellowBox said:

On the game, I'd go with much the same 11 as Saturday.

I would make 2 changes to team and change the formation.

3.4.2.1 and not 2 up front 

Team

Clark

Kerr               Gordon       McCart

Rooney            McCann          Craig         Devine

O'Halloran                      Wotherspoon

Kane

8 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Team

Clark

Kane

Really 7 of that side pick themselves providing they are fit. 

Back 5, goalie and McCann other 4 are the ones that change mainly. 

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Still no word on it being shown on a non illegal stream? Would have thought Saints TV could show it?

I don't think it'll be shown on TV here. We'd know by now if it was, and I suspect there may be rights issues with Saints attempting to stream it. Premier Sports is showing Aberdeen's game in Iceland and none of the other channels seem interested in these games. I reckon finding a dodgy stream is going to be the only way of seeing it, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

On the game, I'd go with much the same 11 as Saturday. Whole squad will need to be used though as I can imagine the heat will be a factor. I wonder then if MOH might be used as an impact sub with his pace as they tire a bit?

Obviously, need to keep it tight. The nightmare would be to loose early as that would end up a long night. If we can stifle them, then their fans might get a bit restless and they start getting too adventurous, which might allow us to hit them on the break.

Obviously want a win, but so long as we come away keeping the tie still alive, that would be a result. 

I can't see Hendry starting this one. Kane has generally been our striker for big games and if he's fit I reckon he'll start, flanked by MOH and Spoony. It'll be interesting to see if we go with the battling qualities of Davidson in midfield or the better ball-playing qualities of Craig. I suspect Craig might get the nod for this one. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself I think, unless there are any injury updates we're unaware of. 

If we can handle this game like we handled our games against Rangers in the second half of last season, we're not going to be easy to score against and I reckon we've got a decent chance of getting a result that will keep the tie alive for the second leg.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Team

Clark

Kane

Good shout. I suppose Craig might be the experienced head in midfield that we will need. I'd like Davidson in there too, but I suppose he will almost certainly pick up a booking if he plays and you know what so refs are like.

I just wonder if he will persevere with Hendry given Kane and May possibly not 100%.

Either way, great to have such options. Boys are going to have to put some shift in on Thursday.

I think this will be the game(s) where we see McCann move to another level and increase the attention in him. 

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Team

Clark

Kane

Devine looks like a bit of a find and a lovely footballer, however, if Booth is fit and ready, I think we know that he is tried, tested and proficient in our system. 

11 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

if Booth is fit and ready, I think we know that he is tried, tested and proficient in our system. 

I think Booth's lack of game time and match fitness may mean he will sit it out. That is why I suggested Devine

Edited by Johnny B