Galatasary v Saints, 05/08/21

St. Paddy

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Should Saints start to sell tickets for the return game now incase we get humped & return game meaningless.

You can bet your life that IF wee nic’s announcement tomorrow is what it is expected to be then I’d expect saints should get tickets on sale ASAP, I’m very sure the board will have a plan in place and not leave it until the last minute

Hi everyone! 

If anyone is interested in finding out what the Galatasaray fans think of their chances for the game, I found a thread on their forum.

If you click this link, it should translate it to English for you.  You then need to click on the Match Centre and you should see this at the bottom.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=https://www.gscimbom.com/&prev=search&pto=aue

image.thumb.png.a0c31a8eed4a3c91a05d29ac421926e3.png

Enjoy!

Edited by Durray Mavidson

10 minutes ago, Durray Mavidson said:

Hi everyone! 

If anyone is interested in finding out what the Galatasaray fans think of their chances for the game, I found a thread on their forum.

If you click this link, it should translate it to English for you.  You then need to click on the Match Centre and you should see this at the bottom.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=https://www.gscimbom.com/&prev=search&pto=aue

Enjoy!

Couldn't see nothing about Saints.. maybe you should get the link that directs us straight to us or maybe were not enough news for them

27 minutes ago, Durray Mavidson said:

Hi everyone! 

Enjoy!

This is far and away my favourite quote/translation - 

opponent has neither a shot on target or a corner....like a tough team like a Walnut.

27 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

Couldn't see nothing about Saints.. maybe you should get the link that directs us straight to us or maybe were not enough news for them

I tried to link initially however it wouldn't let me, that is why I provided instructions to access the page.  It is definitely there, quite an active page too.  Hope you find it :) 

1 hour ago, Durray Mavidson said:

Hi everyone! 

Enjoy!

Weirdly, they don't seem very confident!

54 minutes ago, Durray Mavidson said:

I tried to link initially however it wouldn't let me, that is why I provided instructions to access the page.  It is definitely there, quite an active page too.  Hope you find it :) 

Thanks for that. Quite a surreal experience. Most posters seem pretty dejected & are predicting a loss. Admittedly they know absolutely nothing about us, but seem very deflated. They're most worried about their midfield, especially Berkan, who may not be fit. Best quote I could find was:

"I guess they're playing triple defense.

Our twats will be challenged."

2 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Saint Nic announcing 5,000 fans now allowed without permission (ie guaranteed minimum), in all Scottish grounds, and you can apply to the Council for more. 

Looks like there will be a general sale for Galatasaray then. 

Would Saints get permission for more, given 5,000 is already 50%?

I thought all restrictions were lifted including stadiums & night clubs. Only restrictions are face masks.

Hopefully an announcement from Saints soon.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I thought all restrictions were lifted including stadiums & night clubs. Only restrictions are face masks.

Hopefully an announcement from Saints soon.

I got that from the BBC.

If its 5000, ST holders should get first go? Will some be reserved for away fans (based in UK or third countries without entry restrictions)? Will we get permission for more? 

Still some decisions to make, and not all of them in Saints hands. Still, looks hopeful for at least some non-ST holders. 

My guess is they will get cracking on sorting out ST holders straight away, and the rest of us will have to wait. Which is quite right.

I just listened to it in the car & missed a bit. Never heard the 5000 restriction & having to wait for local authority.

Why complicate it . Why not open up as I thought level 0 was supposed to be. If she wanted to restrict why not say 60/70% of capacity.

When you look at Wimbledon &  lots of other events there doesn't seem to have been any movement in rise in infections.

I agree about face masks but all other restrictions should be lifted. 

2 hours ago, byebyedundee said:

Maybe you shouldn’t click links provided by random forum posters. Scammers dream!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

57 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I got that from the BBC.

If its 5000, ST holders should get first go? Will some be reserved for away fans (based in UK or third countries without entry restrictions)? Will we get permission for more? 

Still some decisions to make, and not all of them in Saints hands. Still, looks hopeful for at least some non-ST holders. 

My guess is they will get cracking on sorting out ST holders straight away, and the rest of us will have to wait. Which is quite right.

The first home European game is included on the season ticket this year, so it's just a case of working out how much of a general sale there can be on top of that.

Just now, blueheaven said:

The first home European game is included on the season ticket this year, so it's just a case of working out how much of a general sale there can be on top of that.

I think only for renewals from last year? Any new ST’s for this season will have to buy, but will get first dibs I’m sure (I think thats what renewal letter said)

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Why complicate it . Why not open up as I thought level 0 was supposed to be. If she wanted to restrict why not say 60/70% of capacity.

When you look at Wimbledon &  lots of other events there doesn't seem to have been any movement in rise in infections.

I agree about face masks but all other restrictions should be lifted. 

Because not every ground is built the same way, not every club will have the expertise to work out what’s required to be put in place, and because some - no RANGERS names - would happily let people get infected to cram more in if they could get away with it. The people with the knowledge, opportunity and authority to help with/sign off local arrangements work for councils.

Massive spikes in infections in London followed the Euros. Nothing happened following Wimbledon because the authorities put vaccine in the strawberries. I thought everyone knew that.