Galatasary v Saints, 05/08/21

St. Paddy

On 8/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, california_saintee said:

It's being broadcast by Spor Smart in Turkey, so there will be dodgy streams available at worst. Still no word on it being picked up anywhere else.

Looks like no broadcasts outside of Turkey & the UK. I'll probably go with a VPN + iPlayer. COYS!

Absolutely brilliant news. It sounds like Saints had to do a bit of work to make this happen, so huge thanks to whoever it was who was involved in that. Bet Celtic didn't have to do the same to get their game shown!

As far as I can remember, this is the first time a Saints European game has ever been shown live on TV in the UK?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Absolutely brilliant news. It sounds like Saints had to do a bit of work to make this happen, so huge thanks to whoever it was who was involved in that. Bet Celtic didn't have to do the same to get their game shown!

As far as I can remember, this is the first time a Saints European game has ever been shown live on TV in the UK?

Judging by social media there seems to be far more interest among Scottish football fans for our game than any of the others. Brilliant to see and hopefully justifies the bbc picking up the match. 

54 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

always struggled trying to get bbc, even with a vpn.....also no iphone / i  player.

if anyone else knows a good site, or ppv option, please post

A Turkish chap posted a number of links in this thread - try a page back.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Was Monaco away not on ONDigital / ITV Digital? (Remember that?!). 

For a while, they were a subscription tv service, with a box, a bit like Sky. 

We couldn’t make the match and I’m certain that my dad took out a subscription just to watch the away leg! 

Nervous.... What formation does CD go? I wonder if he'll go similar to County, using MOH as an outlet to stop Galatasaray camping in midfield? Or does he park the bus, use MOH as an impact sub, and bring in Craig or Bryson (if fit) to fill midfield? I reckon it may be the latter. No away goals, it's about the tie still being alive in Perth. I'm sure he'll play Booth if fit, too much of a risk with Devine. Kane up top. COYS

Edited by Melbourne Saint

Reckon this comes too early for Booth who hasn't had much pre-season. Would expect to see MOH from the bench and bodies in the midfield. Keeping hold of the ball when we get it will be key, so reckon that will give Craig etc the nod over others.

Don't know what to expect from the game itself...are Gala any good? Are they just one of these teams with a 'name' and not much else left after financial issues?

Something tells me that they will still be very decent and any result that avoids defeat will be up there with anything else we have done in europe....keep them to within two goals of a difference would be a good 'result' I suspect....would accept a 1-0 win though, Rosenburg style!

1 minute ago, Lifelongsaintee said:

Any idea on how to watch / listen from England? 

BBC Scotland is available for viewers in the rest of the UK on BBC iPlayer and at the following EPG positions:-

• SKY: 457 (HD & SD; HD receivers will also have SD on 876)
  • Freesat: 108 (HD & SD; HD receivers will also have SD on 174)
  • Virgin Media: 162 (HD)

57 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Nervous.... What formation does CD go? I wonder if he'll go similar to County, using MOH as an outlet to stop Galatasaray camping in midfield? Or does he park the bus, use MOH as an impact sub, and bring in Craig or Bryson (if fit) to fill midfield? I reckon it may be the latter. No away goals, it's about the tie still being alive in Perth. I'm sure he'll play Booth if fit, too much of a risk with Devine. Kane up top. COYS

Goes for experience from the start and uses subs when heat exhaustion kicks in