Galatasary v Saints, 05/08/21

St. Paddy

Don't know what the temperature was but what a shift everyone put in .

Hope the effort & travel doesn't effect them on Sunday.

Think they would have got the same result against 11.

Pity Devine got done by one mistake after having a good game.

Ref didn't give in to the Gala players , management & crowd. Unusual in Europe.

Excellent performance by the team. We were supposed to get "humped" tonight but yet a gain we fought well and got the result we deserved. They were nowhere near as good as many would expect. I think we can take them at home.

Fosters commentary was properly rank tho. He still seems to have bad blood for getting the heave-ho a couple of years back.

4 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Excellent performance by the team. We were supposed to get "humped" tonight but yet a gain we fought well and got the result we deserved. They were nowhere near as good as many would expect. I think we can take them at home.

Fosters commentary was properly rank tho. He still seems to have bad blood for getting the heave-ho a couple of years back.

Both commentators seemed genuinely gutted we were doing well.

2 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Yes. And whenever someone looked to stand out it was all about how much they would be sold for and where to. Foster even trying to say 1-1 against 10 men would somehow be a bad result?!?!

It wasn't bad but for a tiny lapse in judgement it could have been sensational.

Some absolutely superb performances but Ali McCann was one of the best on the whole pitch. He won't be here long.

Not to be negative but the set plays were awful.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:36 PM, galalion said:

Hello. I live in Turkey and I'm a Galatasaray fan. I read your chat and saw that you were looking for the broadcast of the match. I signed up to help you. If you can't find the broadcast in your language, there are some credible broadcasts (used by almost 70% of Turkish football fans) that are used by those who do not buy Spor Smart and BeinSports in Turkey. There are websites. But these are streams with Turkish comments. I wanted to rank the safest for you. These are some of them;

Sorry for my bad english. I can say that I used google translate completely while writing these.

Big thanks mate, you are a legend....

9 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

How utterly bitter are Galatasaray fans? Pumped by PSV and come noising up Saints and now filling twitter with more pish - 

Awful bunch. I think it's safe to say that fans from any club in the UK that have had to play them in Europe before would have been rooting for us.

I cant believe that result.

Was honestly expecting us to get smashed, and that wasn't because i believe we are a poor side, just that the incredible gulf in supposed talent was SO big, it was a foregone conclusion.

I was there in Norway, and thought that had to be the pinnacle of european results in my lifetime. 

But that has eclipsed it.

Going to istanbul (and barring the 1st 15 mins) competing toe to toe with a supposed euro giant?

And bringing the tie back to perth very much alive!

Achievement of the century so far.

(Excluding cup doubles etc, etc...)