St Johnstone FC v Galatasary SK, 12/08/21

MySpazz

11 minutes ago, Tricky6 said:

“Season ticket holders additional sales between 10am and 1pm, general sale from 1pm”

This is how easy it could have been….instead I’ve wasted my morning trying to get through on a clearly under-staffed phone line, still without success!! 

Won''t 90% of additional season ticket sales have been done online though?

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Won''t 90% of additional season ticket sales have been done online though?

Probably yes, but as it stands there’s no indication if the online sales will even open up to non season ticket holders, so we’re stuck with a constantly engaged phone line.

3 minutes ago, GranitecitySaint said:

I’ve called about 3000 times. I haven’t got a season ticket. I guess I should have waited until 1pm then if that’s the case about general sales 

I just made that 1pm bit up as an example of how they could have worked it mate 

:0(

16 minutes ago, Tricky6 said:

I just made that 1pm bit up as an example of how they could have worked it mate 

:0(

Wouldn't you just have the same volume of calls going in at 1pm as there has been since 10am though?

I just presumed the office staff just pick seats on the online booking system for phone bookings just like the season ticket holders do.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Wouldn't you just have the same volume of calls going in at 1pm as there has been since 10am though?

I think so, yeah. At least this way people buying tickets through the general sale have a bit more of a chance to get seats. If they waited until 1pm, a lot more of the available seats would have already been snapped up by season ticket holders.

However Saints handled this there would be some people left unhappy. Under the circumstances I think the club has done the best it can.

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

I just presumed the office staff just pick seats on the online booking system for phone bookings just like the season ticket holders do.

Depends on on the system, how it works and how they have chosen to organise things. They may have kept certain areas/stands aside for phone only sales then release them bit by bit for online as required, or it may just be a free for all. I'd imagine the ticket staff would have a slightly different system to the online one tho

1 hour ago, Tricky6 said:

Probably yes, but as it stands there’s no indication if the online sales will even open up to non season ticket holders, so we’re stuck with a constantly engaged phone line.

Online sales aren't happening for non-season ticket fans to stop the away fans buying tickets as per UEFA rules.

34 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Depends on on the system, how it works and how they have chosen to organise things. They may have kept certain areas/stands aside for phone only sales then release them bit by bit for online as required, or it may just be a free for all. I'd imagine the ticket staff would have a slightly different system to the online one tho

From what I could see when I logged first thing the North and north end of the Main Stand were not available for online sales - assumed that is where the phone sales would be getting tickets.

OMG can you not understand that the club is doing the best it can& all you glory hunters moaning about getting tickets. Season ticket holders are the hardcore support of this fantastic football club & if you cant get a seat in east or west stand, tough,  then get one in north or ormond where still available  .& lets get the place rocking.

I guess it was inevitable as soon as they said phone only for non Season ticket holders only, the scenario of people trying to get through for 2.5 days solid.

Presumably season ticket holders get their seat and didnt have to book it for the game? Anyone not able to get through might be better asking a Season ticket holder to book online for them.

10 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

From what I could see when I logged first thing the North and north end of the Main Stand were not available for online sales - assumed that is where the phone sales would be getting tickets.

I got North Stand tickets through my ST at back of 11, nothing in east or west at that time, think they must have opened it in stages, heard similar about the 'Well game 

10 minutes ago, Lewis71 said:

OMG can you not understand that the club is doing the best it can& all you glory hunters moaning about getting tickets. Season ticket holders are the hardcore support of this fantastic football club & if you cant get a seat in east or west stand, tough,  then get one in north or ormond where still available  .& lets get the place rocking.

really? Ive been a saints fan since the 80's and NEVER had a season ticket..... 

13 minutes ago, Lewis71 said:

Cool post bro. 

18 minutes ago, Lewis71 said:

Agree, club is doing its best in difficult circumstances. Not ideal to have to sell tickets over the phone in such a short time. The other scenario is that if they put them online, Galatasary fans get a hold of them. Club gets into trouble and local fans dont get in. Think its just going to take time. Im sure the instruction will to keep the phone line open as long as possible in the evening to squeeze every penny out of this game.

6 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Ormond probably 80%+ sold now looking at it. 

still plenty of seats in the north stand. Only around 20-25% sold. Would think 8000 sold already 

Quite an incredible response in less than 4 hours. You'd assume the Ormond will sell out in the next couple of hours.

The north if c25% sold would only have c 1,400 seats left.

Hopefully the team put in a real show and can get some folk back more regularly.

1 hour ago, Lewis71 said:

What a knob.

There are just as many diehard fans who don't live in Perth bawbag. Just because you do, doesn't make you any more special than those that don't. 

We aren't ****ing glory hunters. 

Edit - Lewis the diehard Saints fan from Glasgow who's posted on WAP 5 times 

Edited by Shibbydoo

1 hour ago, Lewis71 said:

Nothing like a good old 'I am a better fan than you'!