St Johnstone FC v Galatasary SK, 12/08/21

MySpazz

6 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

LUCKY BASTARDS ALL OF YA

I GOTTA FIND IT ON A FRIKKIN STREAM BECAUSE I DONT THINK ITS ON SAINTS TV

It should be on Saints TV international. The club are just crap at announcing the schedule in advance.

Aberdeen and Hibs both had their home Euro games on their respective channels.

(Worst case scenario, it's going to be on BBC iPlayer through a VPN)

7 minutes ago, langside-saint said:

Well, after 7 hours of autodial - only twice did i get through to an automated voice telling me 'lines are busy, please try again later' and now 'thankyou for calling st johnstone football club, which is now closed' so yeh im a bit miffed, but at least its on the telly now!

I know how you feel; can't help thinking that if the box office was open for sales people could have gone along tonight or whenever and that would have been at least an avenue to get a ticket. Very frustrating day and the telly will be scant consolation.

5 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I know how you feel; can't help thinking that if the box office was open for sales people could have gone along tonight or whenever and that would have been at least an avenue to get a ticket. Very frustrating day and the telly will be scant consolation.

Probably still about 1200 tix or so left by look of seating plan, maybe 200 in ormond and 1000 in north - still got a shot tomorrow 

Get the feeling like another poster says that the ticketing system has issues.

There’s two of us with season tickets in my household but only one of our barcodes work to order tickets and for some reason my sons name is on both.  Today I went on and bought 5 as they were rapidly disappearing and when I tried to go on again wasn’t allowed to get an additional 5 that I should have been entitled too, nor could I use my second ticket to order with.

Sounds to me like the ticket office have done an amazing job under the circumstances.  My only frustration was that I had to start working and the ‘Buy’ option should have been ready to go at 10am as stated.

On another note, the money has been debited from my bank but I don’t have an E ticket e-mail yet in my mail or junk mail -  Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?  

Nothing like "ticket gate" to stir the emotions. It's a bit like "toilet roll gate" at the manic period of Covid. One thing I will say regarding the procurement of software systems to sort out the ticketing; who is being charmed by vendors? Are they qualified to make a judgement call on a vendors ability to scale up due to demand & system management? It appears not.

Quite simply any vendor in software ticketing should have a fairly extensive set of reference sites & saints should be talking to those clients. It's not rocket science. If they've gone "on the cheap" and been approached by a supplier that promises the world, but has limited experience of providing that service... Well that's taking unprofessional to a new level. If Saints have gone through due diligence & the system is failing on a basic level, there should be clauses in the contract relating to performance & support. 

The courier printing story of saints fans giving up after 300 calls to get a ticket due to this image on Twitter. Now with that name on Twitter he should t get a ticket if no away fans are allowed. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/2445799/saints-fan-left-losing-the-will-to-live-after-200-attempted-calls-for-europa-league-qualifier/amp/

link to full story. But number one gala fan I wouldn’t of bought him a ticket. Plus he don’t call many people does he.

C0B47C0D-3F58-48D0-A7D8-37C87315E35E.png

Edited by saintgscot

1 hour ago, saintgscot said:

The courier printing story of saints fans giving up after 300 calls to get a ticket due to this image on Twitter. Now with that name on Twitter he should t get a ticket if no away fans are allowed. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/2445799/saints-fan-left-losing-the-will-to-live-after-200-attempted-calls-for-europa-league-qualifier/amp/

link to full story. But number one gala fan I wouldn’t of bought him a ticket. Plus he don’t call many people does he.

C0B47C0D-3F58-48D0-A7D8-37C87315E35E.png

The guy's a Saints fan. He just changed his twitter name to "NUMBER 1 GALA FAN" today for a laugh. (Scroll through his timeline.)

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Nothing like "ticket gate" to stir the emotions. It's a bit like "toilet roll gate" at the manic period of Covid. One thing I will say regarding the procurement of software systems to sort out the ticketing; who is being charmed by vendors? Are they qualified to make a judgement call on a vendors ability to scale up due to demand & system management? It appears not.

Quite simply any vendor in software ticketing should have a fairly extensive set of reference sites & saints should be talking to those clients. It's not rocket science. If they've gone "on the cheap" and been approached by a supplier that promises the world, but has limited experience of providing that service... Well that's taking unprofessional to a new level. If Saints have gone through due diligence & the system is failing on a basic level, there should be clauses in the contract relating to performance & support. 

I wouldn't assume that Saints cheaped out here. I'm guessing that getting an online stadium ticketing system involves a fair amount of customization, and likely bespoke development for situations like this week's. Saints aren't going to get the level of service they need from the big players, so you end up with no choice but to go with the next tier of provider like https://futureticketing.ie/

It's also not ideal to be rolling out a new system at the same time that we're experiencing pandemic-related regulations, last minute changes, and one of the biggest home games in the club's history. All things considered, I think we have to give them a pass.

6 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I don't think we can lay much blame at Saints' door regarding the ticketing system.

While it can be argued they have "gone on the cheap", why shouldn't they? Our ticketing system doesn't need to be premium and going premium is a trap so many businesses fall into during procurement.

Saints have been caught out by a set of very unique circumstances, largely out of their control, that has exposed flaws in our setup but that should in no way be a trigger to start chucking money at premium systems, the cost to benefit ratio just wouldn't add up. We take the one off hit and move on.

Now if the stadium is looking empty on Thursday, questions will need to be asked but if it's near to the current capacity I struggle to see what the argument is? 

15 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

I think people are just frustrated which is understandable. It’s easy for people with tickets to tell everyone to calm down. I understand it’s a unique situation but I’d be gutted if I missed it. I have to travel from Manchester, take time off work and try and arrange seeing family, friends ect.. which is all dependant on getting tickets. No blame at all on ticket staff or anyone but I get why people are frustrated. 

For starters i might have a season ticket but i dont know what seat i will be in on Thursday as my seat is in the red zone. Am I complaining no as I think it will be sorted by th club and have been told they will issue details in due course. 

Life is too short to get frustrated at things have belief that it will be sorted. 

15 hours ago, MySpazz said:

There was a point just a few weeks back where just getting to see the game was not guaranteed, with talk of neutral grounds.

Let's not get grit in oor fanny about a seat. Any seat will do! MON THE SAINTS

If any seat will do, make it easier for everyone by just sitting in the seat you've been given.

Yeah I'm fully anticipating this being a nightmare.

Won't finish work until late so I'll inevitably struggle to get into the ground long before kick off, and it's an absolute certainty I'll have someone sitting in my season ticket seat.

You'll then have stewards unwilling to get involved, so you either stand arguing for 20 minutes or traipse around the stand looking looking enough empty seats for you all to sit in.

Folk who aren't capable of just sitting where they booked just ruin it for other folk, but I doubt they care.

Are you both needing tickets still. I might be able to get some bought on my dad's season. In the north stand.

15 minutes ago, dunkeldneil said:

Still trying to get a ticket if anyone can get me one please inbox me 

1 minute ago, Brian Potter said:

Apparently there’s two people answering phones.

You’ve got more chance getting signed by either team and actually playing in the game.