St Johnstone FC v Galatasary SK, 12/08/21

MySpazz

Thought Saints played well. Should have been playing against 10, was 100% a sending off when Kane was brought down in first half. None of their players would have reached the ball. Unlike last week it might have made more of a difference. Ultimately lost out to a few moments of top quality which you would expect. 5-3 a very respectable result.

What’s not to love about this Saints side?  
tremendous performance to hold a multi-million side like that for over 2 hours was exceptional by any measure.  Fans played their part, top atmosphere!  Big pity they never got to 2-3 and set up a grandstand last 10 minutes, the players and fans deserved that. 
The painful reality class will out, and they had some class on the park tonight!  

Go into the next game with justified confidence, best of luck to you all! x

Went toe-to-toe with supposedly one of the big names in Europe and weren't embarrassed by any means. Glad we got the goal at the end as 1-4 would have given the wrong impression.

In the end they have better technical players, that's what the money gets spent on. They took their chances tonight where they didn't in the first leg.

Should have been playing 10 men though, ref bottled that last man foul on Kane in the first half. Felt we were too deep at times, but I suspect if we had tried to play more attacking they would have picked us off. The midfield bookings also took a little of our aggression away as players tried to avoid a challenge that gave the ref an excuse.

Onto Lask....they will be a difficult team to play, perhaps more difficult that Gala were.

Testament to what we have achieved in the last ten years that i am bitterly disappointed we didnt put out galatasary 

I know going into it that it was a free hit, and my best expectation was to not be embarrassed. 

But the lads stood toe to toe, and landed more than one glove on a supposed heavyweight.

The turks go home knowing they were in a game.

On another day, with another ref...

What if spoony had played? What if middleton or the finn had been signed in time?

All in.... well done. Now lets get into these austrians... the gretna of the alps.

Big gulf in class but Saints almost matched them. Ref wasn't bad in first half apart from not sending off their centre half but someone must have a word with him at half time as he gave them everything in the second half & booked us for getting fouled & giving them a free kick when they lay down. He did nothing about them taking unofficial drinks breaks after their goals.

I thought there was only 5 sub's allowed but sure they had 6 or 7.

5 minutes ago, St. Paddy said:

Testament to what we have achieved in the last ten years that i am bitterly disappointed we didnt put out galatasary 

I know going into it that it was a free hit, and my best expectation was to not be embarrassed. 

But the lads stood toe to toe, and landed more than one glove on a supposed heavyweight.

The turks go home knowing they were in a game.

On another day, with another ref...

What if spoony had played? What if middleton or the finn had been signed in time?

All in.... well done. Now lets get into these austrians... the gretna of the alps.

I agree but first we have to defend our cup against the smokies at gayfield.the top team in angus.

McCann and Kerr tonight, just wow!!!

Ref was pish but we played with passion and pride. 

The fact that £10 million Dutch cap Patrick Van Aanholt got so excited about nutmegging Jason Kerr fae Penicuik and Shaun Rooney fae Bellshill at McDiarmid park on a Thursday night says it all for me. 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Missed Spoony big time. McCann had to cover his position & midfield. Wish we had another player like McCann.

If Kane had a bit a bit of pace he would have ran through their defence but otherwise did well.

Just shows how threadbare our squad is. 3 or 4 of those will be out on loan by end of august.

After it went to 3-1Callum was signaling players to get back. Think he was hoping they wouldn't end up getting a doing.

In the last 10 mins their goalie had to make a few saves. Makes you wonder if we had pushed them. Probably got gubbed.

Ah well. Great nights entertainment. Never in my wildest thought we could score 3 times against them over the tie. Some moments of sheer class, on the left wing especially, took their toll eventually. 

At the end of the day, we matched them for three quarters of the tie, and had some unforgettable moments no one can take away from us. 

Proud of our wee club.

Proud of the players tonight - for 60 minutes they gave us all a chance to believe. Gala despite their diving, cheating, timewasting tactics had just too much extra skill for us in the end. Thought the ref gave us very little as well and arguably should have sent off Marcao for chopping down Kane. 

At least the players can take a lot of heart and confidence from that performance - we shouldn't need to fear LASK.