Ali McCann - what will he sell for predictions?

belfastsaintee

The worst thing about all this will be having to look up the scores for Preston and Wigan every week. Preston is a grand old club, but Wigan fecking Athletic? Sounds like a jockstrap manufacturer, the type of place you only hear about every fifty years when the octogenarian Labour MP drops dead or George Orwell writes a book.

40 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

The worst thing about all this will be having to look up the scores for Preston and Wigan every week. Preston is a grand old club, but Wigan fecking Athletic? Sounds like a jockstrap manufacturer, the type of place you only hear about every fifty years when the octogenarian Labour MP drops dead or George Orwell writes a book.

I don't know what you're complaining about, I have to watch them in a few weeks when they play Lincoln.

On the bright side, I'll be able to report on how Kerr is getting on in div. one.

(not that anybody will still be interested by then)

17 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

George Orwell is class. He was far, far ahead of the times. Don't berate him.

Unlike Wigan. 

FB_IMG_1623114396243.jpg

Edited by Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

George Orwell is class. He was far, far ahead of the times. Don't berate him.

Unlike Wigan. 

FB_IMG_1623114396243.jpg

I wrote a dissertation on Orwell. Read every book he wrote except, ironically, The Road to Wigan Pier. He wrote 1984 on a Scottish island and then dropped dead. I suspect this was in order to avoid having to spend the rest of his life listening to folk banging on about Orwellian this and 1984 that, usually presented in endless, endless, endless memes......

On 8/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, south inch said:

I think the danger will be the buyer trying to dictate the terms - £1million plus £500k when he plays 25 first team games then possibly another £250k in his 2nd full season.  We should play it the way it is claimed Celtic dealt with Arsenal over Tierney and demand £2.5 million upfront and then simply a 15 to 20% sell on clause.

Preston North End WAP lurkers confirmed??

On 9/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Abernethy Saint said:

Had the pleasure of watching saints in a friendly there some 40 plus years ago..

Shit trip back in a removal van

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Pointless going down if they are not going to play him on the bench again.

Think it is safe to say that they are protecting their assets and waiting until he gets up to speed in the Championship, and England.  A bit like what CD is doing with Eetu. He got some minutes today.

Edited by Saintdunc