Ali McCann - what will he sell for predictions?

belfastsaintee

6 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Pointless going down if they are not going to play him on the bench again.

They paid peanuts for him. He is part of their squad & if he shows up he will be first choice. If not he will be another Scot coming back with his tail between his legs & Broonie won't get his extra £ 600 k.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, Johnny B said:

Pointless going down if they are not going to play him on the bench again.

Jeez it's only been a couple of weeks - he was never going to go down there and walk straight into the starting line-up. Most of our new signings here are in exactly the same boat.

Not been following Kerr but Ali is getting eased into the side. The fact he's getting off the bench shows the intention to get him into a starting position.

So do PNE have aspirations to get out of the Championship?, never really paid much attention but looks like a heck of a league to get out of. Must be some clubs just there forever and have the goal to stay in the division each year.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:53 PM, Cagey said:

They paid peanuts for him. He is part of their squad & if he shows up he will be first choice. If not he will be another Scot coming back with his tail between his legs & Broonie won't get his extra £ 600 k.

Can’t see either of those boys being anything other than a massive success at Wigan and Preston respectively.

Having seen him in action for a couple of weeks now, I imagine Preston are still pinching themselves that they got McCann for the money they paid.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Not been following Kerr but Ali is getting eased into the side. The fact he's getting off the bench shows the intention to get him into a starting position.

So do PNE have aspirations to get out of the Championship?, never really paid much attention but looks like a heck of a league to get out of. Must be some clubs just there forever and have the goal to stay in the division each year.

Just staying in championship is an acheavment for 50% of those teams.

22 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Jeez it's only been a couple of weeks - he was never going to go down there and walk straight into the starting line-up. Most of our new signings here are in exactly the same boat.

I was responding to those going down to watch him play for Preston Not him going there

18 hours ago, Rob said:

I always get the impression clubs are almost as likely to get promoted as they are to get relegated in any given season of that league. And also as likely to be swimming in riches as they are to be plummeted into administration. It's like a glory graveyard - one huge jumble of clubs that were once massive/successful but largely haven't done anything in years. It's an absolute b*stard of a division, and whenever I've been to any games at that level they've always been horrific to watch.

35 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I always get the impression clubs are almost as likely to get promoted as they are to get relegated in any given season of that league. And also as likely to be swimming in riches as they are to be plummeted into administration. It's like a glory graveyard - one huge jumble of clubs that were once massive/successful but largely haven't done anything in years. It's an absolute b*stard of a division, and whenever I've been to any games at that level they've always been horrific to watch.

Derby went into administration but managed to keep discussions with EFL oing long enough to avoid a points deduction and stay in championship.

Wayne proving that a good player doesn't necessarily make a good manager.

49 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

McCann on the bench again looks like he was bought as a squad player. How long before he loses his NI starting role but the money is good

Everything I have read by supporters and pundits is positive.

I think he will be in the NI team even if not getting a game for PNE unless of course he is poor when playing for NI.

2 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

He's 21. He probably needs to focus on getting into the PNE starting XI than NI.

I agree. The point I was trying to make was he stared and played the full 90 min in 2 of NI last 4 matches in another started and played 81 mins. In my eyes that makes him a regular starter for NI. I do not know how blessed NI are with midfielders but playing only 20 mins a week from the bench will effect his immediate International career