Ali McCann - what will he sell for predictions?

belfastsaintee

36 minutes ago, Sergei said:

It's more fee manipulation to avoid paying hefty add-ons. As an example, say Liverpool liked what they saw in the recent cup game and came in for him seeing an another Andy Robertson situation. Swaps aren't as popular as they were but they still happen. I wonder how much Saints would get if Preston took Ben Davies, Ben Woodburn and £1m instead of a straight fee in a deal valued at, er, em, £3m. 

It would be astonishing if these legally-binding and well-lawyered contracts didn’t foresee this situation, and many other dodges besides. Broon and his lawyer will have forgotten more about contracts than most of us will ever learn. I imagine in that situation, the add-on would apply to  the value of BD and BW plus £1m. Whilst valuations may not be publicly disclosed, I think they might have to be known for eg Fair Play rules, accounts etc. And there are structures in place for a third party to provide them where they are not, eg valuations of young players for compensation when they move on. And beyond that, there is the Court for Arbitration in Sport and the other courts. I don’t think every club is always trying to pull a fast one - the system, which every club uses, would collapse very quickly if they were. 

On 11/9/2021 at 4:23 AM, jhq said:

Says who? I want to hear if he's doing well  - especially from a Preston fan just now.

The comment was made more about "Preston fans can't believe what a bargain they got". I really want him to do well, so the mysterious clauses kick in. I just don't want to be reminded of the extremely low initial fee...

On 11/9/2021 at 1:56 AM, Abernethy Saint said:

It would be astonishing if these legally-binding and well-lawyered contracts didn’t foresee this situation, and many other dodges besides. Broon and his lawyer will have forgotten more about contracts than most of us will ever learn. I imagine in that situation, the add-on would apply to  the value of BD and BW plus £1m. Whilst valuations may not be publicly disclosed, I think they might have to be known for eg Fair Play rules, accounts etc. And there are structures in place for a third party to provide them where they are not, eg valuations of young players for compensation when they move on. And beyond that, there is the Court for Arbitration in Sport and the other courts. I don’t think every club is always trying to pull a fast one - the system, which every club uses, would collapse very quickly if they were. 

The details of the clauses have not been revealed. We expect a sell-on fee were he to be sold and who knows what others. I'm presuming details of those contracts do not have to be revealed? I've read in the past that a few clubs (England & Italy) have not played certain players as they approach a milestone clause (usually selection). Either because they're struggling financially, or they have money set aside for new signings, so put it off. "Buy now, pay later" contracts are a bit of a minefield. But such is life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, weesainty said:

Thought he was prity anonymous tonight 

I thought he played his double pivot role pretty well. It's a pretty thankless task with little scope for dramatics. Essentially squeeze the space, break up attacks and move the ball on.

Don't think he lost the ball once, his passing accurate and decisive. Was involved in several chances. Probably got pull out of position for first goal but Spurs are always going to do that at some point.

We've never been able to replace Ali, still think he's a quality player.

42 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

I thought he played his double pivot role pretty well. It's a pretty thankless task with little scope for dramatics. Essentially squeeze the space, break up attacks and move the ball on.

Don't think he lost the ball once, his passing accurate and decisive. Was involved in several chances. Probably got pull out of position for first goal but Spurs are always going to do that at some point.

We've never been able to replace Ali, still think he's a quality player.

There’s a lad with big thighs that I think could very well replace Ali

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Out until the end of the season due to a tear in his thigh 

Ñot looking good .Sell on fee looking miles away now. Kerr out for season as well I think. McCart hived off to lower league team.  Hendry getting some game time.

Rooney seems to be. Getting a regular game.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Ñot looking good .Sell on fee looking miles away now. Kerr out for season as well I think. McCart hived off to lower league team.  Hendry getting some game time.

Rooney is still scoring the odd screamer for them, it’s hard to think, just how many quality players we have lost in the last 18 months, players who could definitely see us fighting for second spot with rangers I reckon.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hendry scored last night too. McCart to The Championship was a really weird one for me. He’s not had much luck since moving to Leyton Orient - been out since the end of January with a calf injury 

Edited by PSJ.84