Anyone needing tickets?

Pat McGroin

Hello people, my old man is feeling under the weather today and has unfortunately pulled out as he doesn't think he'll be able to hack it, so I'm offering a concession ticket for the Ormond Stand if anybody is interested.

Alternatively, if anyone with a single East Stand ticket would like to give me that in exchange for one adult AND one concession ticket for the Ormond Stand, I'd also accept that offer if you sent me the £15 difference.

Edited by The Real Saints

Still working, still ticketless, and now p###ing it down. There goes the plan to ask everyone going into the ground if they have a spare. Day is not going well.The rain might help Saints though, if conditions are bad then will surely help us.

Well there you go... 1st half over. We have to be happy with that. 

Gala have a midfield pivot that is playing through the middle. And by Christ they're quick. Given their possession, I actually think it works against them, they would murder teams on counter. But saints playing structured, zone pressing.

Unfortunately Zanders wide open legs for their goal was pretty bad. Kane magnificent.

2nd half is going to be super tough. Think Galatasaray will spin it more wide. Still in this!!¡

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Anyone seen an official attendance for last night? Can't see anything in any of the match reports.

There was a whole block of empty seats at the East Stand side of the North Stand - not sure what that was all about.

Yeah,strange  and disappointing when so many scrambling for tickets & some unable to get them to see all those empty seats.

Just now, garydavidson said:

It looked like it had been done on purpose but I can't quite figure out what purpose that was.

My Dad suggested they might have kept it aside as an area to move any rogue Galatasaray fans into. Not sure if they'd have done that or just kicked them out, if spotted, though.

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Anyone seen an official attendance for last night? Can't see anything in any of the match reports.

There was a whole block of empty seats at the East Stand side of the North Stand - not sure what that was all about.

That is where I was sat.  It seemed the last 6 seats of the row on our side from about halfway up the stand had not been sold.  My assumption was they didn't want people close to the side of the stand as there was a lot of missing panels.

It was a great place to sit though as we right in the "noisy zone" - seen a bit of stick on twitter about people leaving early, not real supporters etc, but no one in our area budged, and speaking to fans around me they all seemed to be ex season ticket holders who simply lived too far away now to justify a season ticket/regular attendance.

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

My Dad suggested they might have kept it aside as an area to move any rogue Galatasaray fans into. Not sure if they'd have done that or just kicked them out, if spotted, though.

There was a guy in the main stand in a Turkey top and a few others dotted about, not sure if they celebrated the goals as I had my head in my hands :cry:

No way was that a capacity crowd. There were two unfilled sections, one for the teams, and the other one presumably a safety measure of some kind. But there were also empty seats dotted about, presumably ST holders who didn’t make it. Somewhere around 8,500 - 9,500 I’d guess. Anyway, the ones who were there made a hell of a racket. Easily the most enjoyable game I’ve been at since the 2014 final, despite the result. We were great, but some of the Galatasaray play once they finally got their act together was pretty scary.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I think the Scotsman had it as 9,106 in their match report.

5 hours ago, stevensan said:

That is where I was sat.  It seemed the last 6 seats of the row on our side from about halfway up the stand had not been sold.  My assumption was they didn't want people close to the side of the stand as there was a lot of missing panels.

It was a great place to sit though as we right in the "noisy zone" - seen a bit of stick on twitter about people leaving early, not real supporters etc, but no one in our area budged, and speaking to fans around me they all seemed to be ex season ticket holders who simply lived too far away now to justify a season ticket/regular attendance.

The image of the North stand there shows the yellow section unsold, were you in the red seats on the right?

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

The image of the North stand there shows the yellow section unsold, were you in the red seats on the right?

Yes, I was the red seats (East side of the North stand).  Didn't realise there was such a gap on the other side.  Maybe that was to protect the media centre from the abuse they would no doubt of got :)

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

We had one Ali McCann they had three or four at his level. That made the difference with their goals. 

Exactly this. He was a class apart and probably the best player on the pitch. Problem as you say, is they had 3 or 4 of them. That's where we and other scottish clubs need to get to. Holding onto the quality players for as long as possible and only sell when it is too good an offer to refuse or because we want to. I think clubs are getting there now. 5 years ago, Rooney, McCann and Kerr would all probably be away by now.

The longer we can keep McCann, the better. Not just because of what he gives us, but what other younger players can learn from him on and off the pitch. Unfortunately, we all know that will be limited to days and weeks now.

While Galatasaray were impressive in some of their play, we stood well against most of it and they looked rattled at points. Players will take a lot from that into the LASK games, but in a way they will be a harder opposition. They are a club on the rise and will be also packed with quality all over the pitch. Coupled with probably a smaller crowd at home, will be a tougher ask for the players to rise to it, but if any Saints team in history has shown how to do it, it is this one.