LASK v Saints, Europa Conference League, 19/08/21

Melbourne Saint

Feels a bit like the away leg vs Galatasaray: Would have snatched a draw out of your hand before the game, but after going 1-0 up and playing well, it feels like another missed opportunity.

On the other hand, LASK don't give me the fear with their individual players like Gala did. Great chance next week.

COYS

6 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

He took the 2 workers off and left the tired Middleton on

Callum is always reluctant to make sub's.

2 sub's in 5 mins injury time when the team looked knackered after. 120 mins chasing shadows at Arbroath.

Anyway all even & if we play like we did in first half we should go through.

Zander brilliant tonight. Hope his injury doesn't flare up before next Thursday.

Decent result. Lets pack McDiarmid again next week and give this team the support they deserve. Worked hard, looked tired in that 2nd half. First half thought we were quicker but they must have made 5 subs and we stuck with the same until 86 mins. Thought Middleton should have taken a shot, was tremendous build up. Had to laugh at guy bringing down Kane only for Kane to flip him over in some sort of wrestling move. Kane looks like he has bulked up quite a bit. I think we can forgive the penalty, just awkward, miss timing. McCart saved us late when ball hit the post. What a team.

Edited by Rob

We'll have spoony back next week which will add another dimension.  That was great tonight, first half (bar the first 90 seconds) we were outstanding.  Could have easily been 3-3 at the end though, dunno if Zander got fingertips to the one that hit the post, but the save just after it was top drawer too.  

Not looking forward to picking MOTM.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Just now, montrosesaintee said:

We'll have spoony back next week which will add another dimension.  That was great tonight, first half (bar the first 90 seconds) we were outstanding.  Could have easily been 3-3 at the end though, dunno of Zander got fingertips to the one that hit the post, but the save just after it was top drawer too.  

Not looking forward to picking MOTM.

He wasn't near the one that hit the post but I had dread the minute I heard that name being subbed on.

The MONTY poll is up so get your vote in :laugh:

We started really well, and I think they looked really lost. After the first 20 mins I thought we’d be 3-0 up by the end. In the second-half we looked really tired and I think Davidson needed to be quicker on the subs. We got lucky a few times, but a good performance overall and we have every chance of winning the second tie.