Ticket system

saintgscot

It's not a question if it's cheap! It's a question if it's "fit for purpose". Others have stated that I would prefer an expensive vendor- not at all. Many systems with "bells & whistles" are unnecessary. Given that Saints are effectively a very small client, they would probably get below-par service. 

My question, therefore is not whether it's cheap, more, is it EXPENSIVE! 

There's a few on here that work in the software industry, myself included. It actually isn't that complex. What may be complex is if Saints are trying to run it on Windows 95! I highly doubt that, but who is this vendor?

2 hours ago, saintgscot said:

It didn’t cope with demand for Galatasaray match now they can’t get it to work for UTD game. Is it a cheap system we have.

Not cheap, but company promised stuff that it can't do.....so fair to say the club are "in discussions" with them.

We are not a club to get diddled, need a spanner to get a 50p out of Geoff Brown's hand I've heard, so they're on it!  

47 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

My worry here is that these problems are overspilling into ticketing plans for next Thursday. Surely those tickets should be on sale by now, to avoid another last-minute panic?

It is having an affect already on the Utd game. Saints would love to have the ticketing sorted by now. Another mess like Gala & people will rightly be losing their shit. However, probably only get 5-6k for Utd, so the system can't stuff up too... Much ? ? ?

50 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

My worry here is that these problems are overspilling into ticketing plans for next Thursday. Surely those tickets should be on sale by now, to avoid another last-minute panic?

I can't understand why they weren't on sale as soon as the draw was made....unless we have to wait for full house approval again?

1 minute ago, Papa Jack said:

I can't understand why they weren't on sale as soon as the draw was made....unless we have to wait for full house approval again?

We wouldn't have been able to put them on sale back then as at that point we were still awaiting full house approval. But I'd certainly have thought we could have put them on sale last Friday or this Monday, were it not for these issues with the system.

12 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

We wouldn't have been able to put them on sale back then as at that point we were still awaiting full house approval. But I'd certainly have thought we could have put them on sale last Friday or this Monday, were it not for these issues with the system.

sorry, yeah I meant as soon as it was confirmed which team we were playing. 

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

It is having an affect already on the Utd game. Saints would love to have the ticketing sorted by now. Another mess like Gala & people will rightly be losing their shit. However, probably only get 5-6k for Utd, so the system can't stuff up too... Much ? ? ?

Why would we only get 5-6k when we were allowed a full house last week? Not sure I get the logic there. 

1 hour ago, stevensan said:

I hope its a cheap system! There is standard systems like EventBrite which charge a slightly lower fee to the customer and are otherwise free to the seller and work absolutely fine.

I used Eventim years ago to get tickets for a Slovenia Scotland friendly. Registered with them and Slovenian FA, gave my address as the hotel I was due to stay at.  2 hours after buying the tickets I phoned the hotel to let them know to expect the tickets arriving for me. Got told they had already arrived. Brilliant service.