Ticket system

saintgscot

7 hours ago, langside-saint said:

Tickets are online now, just got 3 for me and my boys in the east stand :)

Great stuff... Basic stuff such as buying a ticket should be as smooth as. It gives people one less reason to come back.

If they have real hassle, shit food, watch a shit game... They'll be lucky to watch another game.

And who can blame them. Saints are supposedly in the entertainment business. Ok, things on the pitch can be crap and not the spectacle we'd want. But to make it a pleasant experience, get a seat(s) easily, get some grub in an area that doesn't smell off piss (or napalm from someone's arse), not queing for an age, still open 10minutes after H/t... Little things make it easier.

Want a newly designed stadium.

16 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

It will be nearer 7,000 than 6.

Sounds like Utd have pretty much sold their allocation already, 2,800 seats, plus the 2,700 season tickets is already five and a half thousand. Not to mention the non season tickets, so should be over 6 at least hopefully.

Bodes well for the rest of the season. You would assume, County, Livi, St Mirren and Motherwell aside, all games will be c4k and above. 

12 minutes ago, langside-saint said:

U know what i meant :laugh: 'it won't lead to some of the reactions for the Gala game, which is what I was trying to get at'

Okay... I'll be sensible... The reactions during the 2-3 day gala game were crazed (especially from non ST holders) whether it be posts on Facebook, PA letters, people begging for tickets on this forum, people accused of being Turks etc. It was all very new. We don't get that sort of clamour for any tie, bar the Uglies in '90-'92. 

I therefore don't expect the same polarisation of attitudes for the Utd game. Gala was a one-off. Utd are lucky to be in the Premier. They are diseased. So, whatever the number, it won't be capacity, and more importantly, there's not the "10 tickets per ST holder". That got to a lot of folk- especially the older Saints fans (50yrs+) that haven't seen a game for ... 40 years, but somehow feel a right to pop up when it suits them.

So, I expect the ticketing system to work far easier with less demand & no additional tickets for ST holders, which does add an element of complexity. 

Which the system can't handle.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

1 minute ago, langside-saint said:

Yeh i think the 10 tickets per ST holder was a bad idea, because there was a decent number of empty seats that could have been filled because I dont think EVERY ST holder used all ten tickets (not that every ST holder bought ten tickets mind you)

Think there would have been a problem if every season ticket holder bought 10 additional tickets.

Believe season ticket holders to be around 2700 so with eufa red zone stadium was seats available was 9200 ish.  So take away 2700 season ticket holders leaves 6500 seats available.

10 tickets per st holder is 27000 so 20500 going to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, langside-saint said:

Yeh i think the 10 tickets per ST holder was a bad idea, because there was a decent number of empty seats that could have been filled because I dont think EVERY ST holder used all ten tickets (not that every ST holder bought ten tickets mind you)

Don't know what you mean by ST holders "used" tickets. ST holders had to pay for any additional tickets. Who would do that and not "use" them??

2 minutes ago, langside-saint said:

No, they didn't, but the club were in a tough spot, so I wouldn't angle fire at them. In a perfect world, every season ticket holder would be allowed 10 tickets. If, when booking, the ST didn't take up the 10 (bought 3,6 whatever), then the rest get put into general.

Problem is/was from looking at this, is the ticketing software system had problems re-allocating tickets, and when it did look for spare tickets to assign for general sale on telephone, it didn't have along enough buffer to ensure someone else wasn't trying to buy the same seat via a new ST purchase.

5 minutes ago, Born2Bru said:

Do you really reckon there were many folk who bought tickets and got no money for them? Is this fact or supposition?

i really have no idea tbh - just hazarding a guess, mainly due to saints saying they were at capacity for the game, and the smattering of empty seats around the ground, thats all really.

I actually thought it was a clever way of distributing a lot of tickets very quickly. The season ticket holders would likely prevent selling to away fans through self policing and the potential was the game could have sold out many times over through sales to season ticket holders alone, but the club bargained on there being a balance.

I used my ticket to buy 10 for family and friends and my dad's season ticket to buy an extra 1 for someone who was struggling on WAP.

The ticket office would have been unable to shift that number of tickets in that short space of time. I would not be surprised if the same system is used for the LASK game.

46 minutes ago, Jenko82 said:

I actually thought it was a clever way of distributing a lot of tickets very quickly. The season ticket holders would likely prevent selling to away fans through self policing and the potential was the game could have sold out many times over through sales to season ticket holders alone, but the club bargained on there being a balance.

I used my ticket to buy 10 for family and friends and my dad's season ticket to buy an extra 1 for someone who was struggling on WAP.

The ticket office would have been unable to shift that number of tickets in that short space of time. I would not be surprised if the same system is used for the LASK game.

Galatasaray was, let's face it, a one-off. Saints staff worked admirably & deserve much praise. The system doesn't work, but will hopefully have bugs sorted for normal service. But by God they should have the system working for Utd.

Granted 15% of fans either can't or won't use internet sales, last minute or whatever. But get the software sorted because the last thing we need is people saying "it's too hard to buy a ticket". Tickets are expensive. Add in a pie and saints have to make it easy to buy tickets. Performance on the pitch is another issue.

7 hours ago, Jenko82 said:

Totally agree with you. Given the tiny window of time Saints had to try to shift nearly 10,000 tickets, and the tight rules over not letting away fans in, I think the 10-ticket plan was a great system for ensuring as many tickets as possible fell into the hands of Saints fans. If you cut that number down from 10, there'd have been even more people trying to get through on the phone, and even more people being turned away because they weren't on the database.

6 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Galatasaray was, let's face it, a one-off. Saints staff worked admirably & deserve much praise. The system doesn't work, but will hopefully have bugs sorted for normal service. But by God they should have the system working for Utd.

Was it a one-off, or are we heading for exactly the same situation just one week from now? I can't really think of any reason why the LASK match would be handled any differently, especially given we're now once again in the situation that we're running out of time (I find it really bizarre that the club has still said nothing about ticket arrangements for the game).

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Was it a one-off, or are we heading for exactly the same situation just one week from now? I can't really think of any reason why the LASK match would be handled any differently, especially given we're now once again in the situation that we're running out of time (I find it really bizarre that the club has still said nothing about ticket arrangements for the game).

I think the difference with the last match was the assumption that if there was an 'open' sale, we would have had loads of Galatasaray fans buying tickets. That will not be an issue with LASK fans.

Also a bit surprised we have not started selling tickets yet, but assuming they will just open up the ticket system on say Monday or after Utd game and it will just be a free for all. Guessing, given the lateness, there will be no priority for ST's, but not getting normal seat aside, there will be plenty for everyone. 

I’m pretty sure there will still be a priority window for ST holders - If, and its a huge if, we make the group stage the club will want to be able to say the only way to guarantee tickets for home group games are with an ST to help punt more ST’s. They will want to demonstrate that for Lask game. I reckon they will do the up to 10 tix for ST holders again.