Ticket system

saintgscot

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

The full-capacity permission applies to all our games, not just the European ones.

Personally I think all-ticket is here to stay now. I can't see the turnstiles going back to handling cash, and the old system where some people had seat numbers and others didn't just didn't really work. This was always going to happen eventually but Covid has probably just accelerated it a bit.

Dundee United had a cash gate on Sunday in the Ormond. Think saints probably did it to stop Utd in home end as they know it would turn ugly.

Cash gates should be available for some games until online becomes the norm.

Not sure why you would want to get rid of choice of payment and thats what cash offers. Turn up at the ground on a whim and pay at the gate, dont think they should get rid of that. Can see why big games are ticket only but when we go back to games where only a few thousand there should definitely have cash gates. Especially those midweek games in the winter where people are maybe not long home from work and just decide they fancy sitting in the cold for an hour and 45 mins instead of staying in and watching tv.

Just now, Rob said:

Not sure why you would want to get rid of choice of payment and thats what cash offers. Turn up at the ground on a whim and pay at the gate, dont think they should get rid of that. Can see why big games are ticket only but when we go back to games where only a few thousand there should definitely have cash gates. Especially those midweek games in the winter where people are maybe not long home from work and just decide they fancy sitting in the cold for an hour and 45 mins instead of staying in and watching tv.

Takes 2 mins to buy a ticket online, and massively speeds up turnstile queues 

3 hours ago, california_saintee said:

That's exactly what every other venue does that wants to offer walk-up ticket purchases.

All-ticket doesn't have to mean online-only.

That's what Hearts ,Cally & others do. State the game is all ticket then if there are lots of seats available say you can purchase a ticket at the kiosk.

Basically that's what Saints did on Sunday but at the turnstiles & not a kiosk.

Clubs can't afford to turn money away these days.

3 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Takes 2 mins to buy a ticket online, and massively speeds up turnstile queues 

Not sure why we cant have both.  I tried to buy a ticket on my phone a couple of winters ago while I waited in a cash queue, trying to select a tiny seat with my hands freezing just wasnt happening. Just saying cash is providing a choice. 

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

Not sure why we cant have both.  I tried to buy a ticket on my phone a couple of winters ago while I waited in a cash queue, trying to select a tiny seat with my hands freezing just wasnt happening. Just saying cash is providing a choice. 

I suspect you’ll be able to pay by card at the club shop at some point for a ticket. I’m sure the club would rather pan cash payments. Practically zero admin. Less chance of stuff going missing. 

we’ll move to automatic scanners at some point and save paying turnstile operators 

10 hours ago, Rob said:

It has been a long term policy from the club to slowly get rid of the payment gate and Covid interfered with that and has probably speeded it up:

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-eticketing-2019-2020

"The Club understand this may be a big change for some of our fans and in order to make the transition as easy as possible we will continue to operate with a small number of cash gates at McDiarmid Park for the foreseeable future. We will monitor progress with a view to moving away from cash gates within a timeframe that sees our supporters comfortable with these changes.

We will also continue to sell tickets via the McDiarmid Park Ticket Office and through the Telephone Hotline for those who prefer to purchase tickets in this way."

I think having a ticket desk/kiosk selling tickets on the day is the only conceivable way that "walk-up" entry could ever come back. The days of having people handling cash on the turnstiles and having to faff about with change are dead. At a push you could maybe have card readers at the turnstiles so people could pay by card, but I struggle to see Saints doing that.

People asking for cash turnstiles - how do you see the seating issue working? Would the turnstile staff have to hand out a paper ticket with a seat number on it? 

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm surprised football tickets are returnable! 

I’m not convinced it’s returns. Could it be that some Lask fans have bought tickets and the club have cancelled them? It was a fairly big grouping of seats together at rear of main stand that have become available. Has someone had to go through system, checked for Austrian addresses then cancel those tix? Just speculating really, but I doubt tickets would be returnable. 

I asked the same, but according to Blair Kaylor, they’re returns. 

I wondered if the block in the main stand was maybe spares from Saints freebies, returns from LASK or maybe sponsors or the SFA etc 

5 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I’m not convinced it’s returns. Could it be that some Lask fans have bought tickets and the club have cancelled them? It was a fairly big grouping of seats together at rear of main stand that have become available. Has someone had to go through system, checked for Austrian addresses then cancel those tix? Just speculating really, but I doubt tickets would be returnable. 

37 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I wondered if the block in the main stand was maybe spares from Saints freebies, returns from LASK or maybe sponsors or the SFA etc 

Ah that’s a fair point on the spare freebies or sponsors. Given the location of them it would make sense. 

46 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

freebies being returned does make sense, but what about the east stand ones...... there is only the 1 left now 

35 minutes ago, langside-saint said:

freebies being returned does make sense, but what about the east stand ones...... there is only the 1 left now 

Blair is the Bev the SLO’s son, perhaps it was someone that can no longer attend? Definitely said they were returns

I just had a quick count of remaining seats and I reckon there’s around 880 left 

Saints players get free tickets. We might have given LASK free tickets too. If they’ve come back, why would we not sell them? 

Edited by Pat McGroin

14 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I suspect you’ll be able to pay by card at the club shop at some point for a ticket. I’m sure the club would rather pan cash payments. Practically zero admin. Less chance of stuff going missing. 

we’ll move to automatic scanners at some point and save paying turnstile operators 

The ideal would be to be able to buy a ticket online giving your house coordinates.  Scotty then beams you to your seat 20 minutes before kick off where your prepaid pie and bovril will be waiting for you piping hot!

20 hours ago, langside-saint said:

why would people be returning tickets for the biggest game ever? 

I think a few people bulk bought as many tickets as they could, as they were unsure how many of their group could go and didn't want to wait and risk the stand selling out before they confirmed everyone's position.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, Rob said:

turn up on a whim, and buy online, get in with the ticket shown on your phone....