Ticket system

saintgscot

It will be interesting what Saints put in place for the Rangers game.

Will they move the home fans to Main stand or just move Ormond  fans.

Will they just give Rangers the North & north end of Main stand now that we are not desperate for the blue pound.

Will they ban away fans.

How do they stop Rangers fans buying tickets for home stands.

Interesting & a challenge for Saints.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Will they just give Rangers the North & north end of Main stand now that we are not desperate for the blue pound.

Will they ban away fans.

I assume the selling of online tickets will be via season ticket holders only. Phone or in person tickets will have to be on the database. That seems fairly well set up at least.

They can't do much more than that to keep them out of the home stand.

I think there is too many season ticket holders to shift everyone to the main, especially with the red zone. Maybe the club will assume that not all ST's will want to go.

As an aside, was there an issue with the ticketing system for the LASK game? System showed east and main as sold out, but there was a lot of empty spaces and not just random seats here and there, there was blocks of seats free.

I think the way to stop Rangers fans getting home tickets is to fire out a tweet now to get fans to sign up to the database if they are not on it, with the stipulation, no one not on the database gets a home ticket.

That or say if you are not on it, you must buy a ticket for more than one home game. 

21 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think there is too many season ticket holders to shift everyone to the main, especially with the red zone. Maybe the club will assume that not all ST's will want to go.

As an aside, was there an issue with the ticketing system for the LASK game? System showed east and main as sold out, but there was a lot of empty spaces and not just random seats here and there, there was blocks of seats free.

I think the way to stop Rangers fans getting home tickets is to fire out a tweet now to get fans to sign up to the database if they are not on it, with the stipulation, no one not on the database gets a home ticket.

That or say if you are not on it, you must buy a ticket for more than one home game. 

Looking at the east stand we put it down to fans all moving to the corner where the singers were. In that area had originally not been sold. 

58 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Will they ban away fans.

Yeah was thinking about this earlier. With the empty seats that have to be left in main stand I don’t think it can accommodate 2700 season ticket holders with the seats that are left. There is no chance all ST’s are turning up but club will have to work on basis they are. 

we’ll also want maximum income so think you would give rangers East, North and 1/3 of Ormond, leave a small section of ormond empty in middle then we get rest of it and Main. 

If they do that, with ST’s, there will be very few, if any tix available for saints ST’s and those on database to buy additional tix but so many folk don’t like attending OF games anyway. 

50 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Yeah was thinking about this earlier. With the empty seats that have to be left in main stand I don’t think it can accommodate 2700 season ticket holders with the seats that are left. There is no chance all ST’s are turning up but club will have to work on basis they are. 

we’ll also want maximum income so think you would give rangers East, North and 1/3 of Ormond, leave a small section of ormond empty in middle then we get rest of it and Main. 

If they do that, with ST’s, there will be very few, if any tix available for saints ST’s and those on database to buy additional tix but so many folk don’t like attending OF games anyway. 

If so wonder who the stewards will pick on in the Ormond then.How do you segregate them in toilets/ food kiosks ??.

Just now, sixties saintee said:

If so wonder who the stewards will pick on in the Ormond then.How do you segregate them in toilets/ food kiosks ??.

Yeah totally, it could still create issues. 

maybe given the number of ST sales we simply cant give them the east stand?? If so I guess they get both ends plus section of main stand nearest north; but club will likely be losing out on significant potential revenue if they did that. 

tough one for the club to figure out

59 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I think there’s too many ST holders to give them the East now. Give them behind both goals and the usual part of the Main Stand 

5 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Yeah totally, it could still create issues. 

maybe given the number of ST sales we simply cant give them the east stand?? If so I guess they get both ends plus section of main stand nearest north; but club will likely be losing out on significant potential revenue if they did that. 

tough one for the club to figure out

That is the only way to do it. Too many ST holders now to move from East. So move Ormond ST holders to main stand & give away support North,Ormond & north end of Main.

The problem you are left with is trying to stop away fans getting tickets for East & east Main.

Saints have to get this right as their could be a few high demand games this season with a few OF & Hearts etc fans coming to Perth.

That may all be easy to achieve but keeping away fans out of East & east Main will be difficult.

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

The alternative way to do it is to keep the saints 2/3 of the main and keep the whole Ormond stand. That would be north of 3k home seats. East stand fans mainly in Ormond, pack it out and get the songs going. Obviously standing is allowed in there for these games anyway. 

F**k that. I paid for a seat that runs parallel to the pitch. I no circumstances am I prepared to go behind the goal so they can have my seat. 

I don’t even think there’s enough free seats in the MS to house all ST Holders if we kept the usual away end. With 2700 ST holders now, giving away 3 stands doesn’t seem likely to me. 

7 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

The alternative way to do it is to keep the saints 2/3 of the main and keep the whole Ormond stand. That would be north of 3k home seats. East stand fans mainly in Ormond, pack it out and get the songs going. Obviously standing is allowed in there for these games anyway. 

You are a nice guy and there is a saying "guid folk are scarce" so I would not advise repeating this suggestion audibly in the East!

I'm an East Stand ST, and have not objected to being moved in the past, giving them the 3 stands. However, we already have significantly more ST's than before, we have more money from that and also from Europe, and fitting the ST's in will be more difficult. The financial difference between giving them both ends and the away section of the main, and giving them the 3 stands is maybe 2000-2500? seats, at £28 would be 56-70k. Take extra stewarding and police, extra damage to the stadium, and loss of goodwill from the home fans, is it worth it?

On 8/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, Shipa said:

I'm an East Stand ST, and have not objected to being moved in the past, giving them the 3 stands. However, we already have significantly more ST's than before, we have more money from that and also from Europe, and fitting the ST's in will be more difficult. The financial difference between giving them both ends and the away section of the main, and giving them the 3 stands is maybe 2000-2500? seats, at £28 would be 56-70k. Take extra stewarding and police, extra damage to the stadium, and loss of goodwill from the home fans, is it worth it?

Yes it is worth it. If there is money on the table, don't just leave it there.

We MUST do this. It's sensible.

43 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Yes it is worth it. If there is money on the table, don't just leave it there.

We MUST do this. It's sensible.

We have 2,700 season ticket holders and we are surely obliged to plan on the basis that they might all want to attend.  Add on say 300 to 500 non ST holders who may wish to attend and the only way to accommodate them is to make the East Saints only.

After yesterday now is not the time to pee off our loyal fans any further.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

We have 2,700 season ticket holders and we are surely obliged to plan on the basis that they might all want to attend.  Add on say 300 to 500 non ST holders who may wish to attend and the only way to accommodate them is to make the East Saints only.

After yesterday now is not the time to pee off our loyal fans any further.

You know what will happen next then :laugh:

On 8/30/2021 at 9:02 AM, Cagey said:

Will they ban away fans.

Rangers got 4118 tickets, both ends and part of main. Sold already.

Surely home ticket announcement tomorrow less than a week to go.

21 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Rangers got 4118 tickets, both ends and part of main. Sold already.

Surely home ticket announcement tomorrow less than a week to go.

That will be fun. Maybe non ticket Saints fans have had it . Did they not normally put home tickets on sale before OF sale ?.