Ticket system

saintgscot

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think the difference with the last match was the assumption that if there was an 'open' sale, we would have had loads of Galatasaray fans buying tickets. That will not be an issue with LASK fans.

Also a bit surprised we have not started selling tickets yet, but assuming they will just open up the ticket system on say Monday or after Utd game and it will just be a free for all. Guessing, given the lateness, there will be no priority for ST's, but not getting normal seat aside, there will be plenty for everyone. 

I’d assume ST holders will get 24hrs, surely. So we can at least secure our own seats. 

3 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

When season ticket holders had to buy tickets for the Morton cup tie in January 2020 (seems about 6 years ago now), you simply logged into system with the barcode and it defaulted to your reserved seat.

If we knew they were on sale on Monday and season ticket holders could get 10 again, it would give us the weekend to build up the excitement and get the orders in.

7 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I am assuming it cant be the case, but could the hold up in starting to sell the LASK tickets be down to the system not being able to sell tickets to two home games at the same time?

I say that with no technical knowledge, but throwing it out there as a possibility. 

Sounds very possible but also ridiculous if that is the case. Really strange that tickets for Lask game not on sale, hope its not another horrendous scramble for tickets next week.

Edited by Rob

50 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I am assuming it cant be the case, but could the hold up in starting to sell the LASK tickets be down to the system not being able to sell tickets to two home games at the same time?

I say that with no technical knowledge, but throwing it out there as a possibility. 

This is my suspicion 

The crowd on Sunday was 5,716 a number that could easily have been handled without making the whole ground all ticket.  Are we stuck with having to make all our games ticket only in return for "full capacity" permission for European games?  If we are it may nonetheless be worth the attendant expense but it will be a bit of a joke having to buy tickets when the likes of Livingston come calling.  At least Hamilton and their vast support no longer need to be catered for.

3 minutes ago, south inch said:

The crowd on Sunday was 5,716 a number that could easily have been handled without making the whole ground all ticket.  Are we stuck with having to make all our games ticket only in return for "full capacity" permission for European games?  If we are it may nonetheless be worth the attendant expense but it will be a bit of a joke having to buy tickets when the likes of Livingston come calling.  At least Hamilton and their vast support no longer need to be catered for.

The full-capacity permission applies to all our games, not just the European ones.

Personally I think all-ticket is here to stay now. I can't see the turnstiles going back to handling cash, and the old system where some people had seat numbers and others didn't just didn't really work. This was always going to happen eventually but Covid has probably just accelerated it a bit.

30 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The full-capacity permission applies to all our games, not just the European ones.

Personally I think all-ticket is here to stay now. I can't see the turnstiles going back to handling cash, and the old system where some people had seat numbers and others didn't just didn't really work. This was always going to happen eventually but Covid has probably just accelerated it a bit.

I agree completely

I don’t think it’s anything to do with Covid. Is there any mass attendance event still based on cash? We have to move with the times. I’m the opposite of an early adopter re technology, but I doubt I spend £50 a month in cash now. My kids even laugh at that - they haven’t used cash at all for years, and astonishingly - they are in their early thirties - have never written a cheque. 

I would though leave one cash turnstile for ordinary league games.

3 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I don’t think it’s anything to do with Covid. Is there any mass attendance event still based on cash? We have to move with the times. I’m the opposite of an early adopter re technology, but I doubt I spend £50 a month in cash now. My kids even laugh at that - they haven’t used cash at all for years, and astonishingly - they are in their early thirties - have never written a cheque. 

I would though leave one cash turnstile for ordinary league games.

The problem with having one cash turnstile is that the people coming in through that gate need to be given a seat number, otherwise they won't know if the seat they choose to sit in is taken or not. This was already an issue pre-Covid, where some people were buying tickets online and others were paying at the gate. It had become a bit of a mess, and it was only our fairly low attendances that stopped it from being more of an issue.

Give it another few years and cash will be completely dead as a concept, and Covid has been one of the final nails in its coffin (previously it was just seen as inconvenient - now it's also seen as unhygienic). I don't see cash making any sort of return to McDiarmid now.

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The problem with having one cash turnstile is that the people coming in through that gate need to be given a seat number, otherwise they won't know if the seat they choose to sit in is taken or not. This was already an issue pre-Covid, where some people were buying tickets online and others were paying at the gate. It had become a bit of a mess, and it was only our fairly low attendances that stopped it from being more of an issue.

Give it another few years and cash will be completely dead as a concept, and Covid has been one of the final nails in its coffin (previously it was just seen as inconvenient - now it's also seen as unhygienic). I don't see cash making any sort of return to McDiarmid now.

Fair enough, but they will need some sort of system surely. Some folk have no internet, or no inclination to use it. There’s also the thing of pals meeting up for an occasional match - not a problem folk can’t get round, but the usual thing is to make it as easy as possible for the customer to buy. 

There is a ticket collection window on the outside of the ticket office. They could have someone there on matchdays to deal with those paying cash, with access to the ticketing system, so they could print off a ticket/reciept with a seat number and barcode.

58 minutes ago, Shipa said:

There is a ticket collection window on the outside of the ticket office. They could have someone there on matchdays to deal with those paying cash, with access to the ticketing system, so they could print off a ticket/reciept with a seat number and barcode.

That's exactly what every other venue does that wants to offer walk-up ticket purchases.

All-ticket doesn't have to mean online-only.