Saints v LASK Thursday 26/08/21

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, langside-saint said:

fcu.jpg

Appalling  way to treat young supporters again.this club Is the worst for this type of behaviour towards there own fans. absolutely brutal.

in protest I will boycott the lasq game.fuq them time to make a stand.

20 hours ago, SlickDT said:

So your saying if the system worked properly, Saints were going to charge for a game that was promised for free on the season ticket? That would surely be mis-selling and could be challenged legally if someone chose to do so.

Only renewals were offered a free Euro game. New ST holders were supposed to pay but the system couldn’t do it so they gave it to everyone free

Edited by Pat McGroin

9 hours ago, langside-saint said:

I still cant believe that FCU's usual area will be completely empty on thursday...

Presumably they'd have struggled to all get seats together in that area anyway, because of the free-for-all way that the tickets have been sold. In general, I think a lot of people won't be sitting with friends and family at this game, and that's not really conducive to creating the best of atmospheres.

Weird that the club would close that end of the East Stand when there's not going to be any away support. Also thought it was weird that they closed off a massive section in the middle of the Ormond Stand yesterday. All seems a bit overly cautious to me.

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Presumably they'd have struggled to all get seats together in that area anyway, because of the free-for-all way that the tickets have been sold. In general, I think a lot of people won't be sitting with friends and family at this game, and that's not really conducive to creating the best of atmospheres.

Weird that the club would close that end of the East Stand when there's not going to be any away support. Also thought it was weird that they closed off a massive section in the middle of the Ormond Stand yesterday. All seems a bit overly cautious to me.

When I first saw the ticket booking page, I assumed it had been blocked off for them ahead of time. 

For the club to be posting videos of them marching to the game as an advert then doing this is hypocrisy in the extreme. 

It seems like we’ve gone backwards 5 years. Talk yesterday that the FCU emails are being ignored, and the club aren’t happy due to a few broken seats etc. 

Stuff like that is just petty, and I know plenty of folk that would be happy to fundraise to cover any breakages. You need these guys generating an atmosphere at the game. 

13 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

When I first saw the ticket booking page, I assumed it had been blocked off for them ahead of time. 

For the club to be posting videos of them marching to the game as an advert then doing this is hypocrisy in the extreme. 

It seems like we’ve gone backwards 5 years. Talk yesterday that the FCU emails are being ignored, and the club aren’t happy due to a few broken seats etc. 

Stuff like that is just petty, and I know plenty of folk that would be happy to fundraise to cover any breakages. You need these guys generating an atmosphere at the game. 

To be honest I don't think it would have been fair to block the area off for them ahead of time. No one else has been given that privilege. And if seats are getting broken then I think the club is justified in being annoyed at that. But I still don't really see what anyone gains from closing a section of the stadium for a game where there will be no away support (so very, very little chance of any actual trouble) and presumably everyone agrees that we want the stadium to be as loud, and as full, as possible.

I can undertsand the Clubs stance particularly if we are losing money over repairs etc. That being said they do bring a lot to the atmosphere and colour at games. Surely the club should have some sort of dialogue with them to lay on the line what is and isn't acceptable and allow them the opportunity to self police. We are doing an awful lot really well at the club but our communication at times is woeful - this just comes across as very heavy handed.  

15 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

To be honest I don't think it would have been fair to block the area off for them ahead of time. No one else has been given that privilege. And if seats are getting broken then I think the club is justified in being annoyed at that. But I still don't really see what anyone gains from closing a section of the stadium for a game where there will be no away support (so very, very little chance of any actual trouble) and presumably everyone agrees that we want the stadium to be as loud, and as full, as possible.

I think the complete opposite. They’ve shamelessly milked the FCU all week for marketing purposes with their pre game march and self funded flag display.

I’ve bought a ticket down the front of section H for this game and will be with some of the older regulars, but plenty regulars have missed out on their seats and will be going to their regular standing spot anyway.

It’s going to be carnage when folk try to claim their seat and you’ve got potentially 100 extra bodies in there. There will be folk complaining about people standing. I can see it already. 

As for the seats, they’re how old now? Well beyond their expected life I’d presume.

There are broken seats all over, I’ve inadvertently broken one myself before and teenage lads getting a bit boisterous at the football us hardly a surprise. 

Basically they’re been ignored by the club, no email replies, nothing. 

1 minute ago, Bruno Strasser said:

I can undertsand the Clubs stance particularly if we are losing money over repairs etc. That being said they do bring a lot to the atmosphere and colour at games. Surely the club should have some sort of dialogue with them to lay on the line what is and isn't acceptable and allow them the opportunity to self police. We are doing an awful lot really well at the club but our communication at times is woeful - this just comes across as very heavy handed.  

We were saying in The Caley yesterday, we’d all happily chip in if there’s damage. I think Blair went up to replace the seats himself. 

Just now, Pat McGroin said:

I think the complete opposite. They’ve shamelessly milked the FCU all week for marketing purposes with their pre game march and self funded flag display.

I’ve bought a ticket down the front of section H for this game and will be with some of the older regulars, but plenty regulars have missed out on their seats and will be going to their regular standing spot anyway.

It’s going to be carnage when folk try to claim their seat and you’ve got potentially 100 extra bodies in there. There will be folk complaining about people standing. I can see it already. 

As for the seats, they’re how old now? Well beyond their expected life I’d presume.

There are broken seats all over, I’ve inadvertently broken one myself before and teenage lads getting a bit boisterous at the football us hardly a surprise. 

Basically they’re been ignored by the club, no email replies, nothing. 

People are going to have to sit in the seats they've bought. I don't really see that being an issue on the night.

I've no idea what the situation is with broken seats as I only know what's been posted on here, but if the breakages tend to be in the area we're talking about then that's going to be a source of annoyance for the club.

I think it's fairly common for emails to the club to be ignored TBH. I know I've emailed them about stuff and had no reply, and it's the same with other people I've spoken to. It's probably worse than ever at the moment with how busy they are. I'm not sure the FCU are a special case in that respect. I do agree that communication would help a lot, though.

34 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

Given the fact its blocked off from sale, us it perhaps so FCU CAN go there on Thursday without other folk already booked there?  

Obviously if that is the case then the club wouldn't announce anything early to avoid upsetting others?

Just a thought..

I think if that was the case, they would already know. 

Some of these guys have ongoing dialogue with the club, they have to for fan displays etc, as they need access to the stadium for that. 

I think the chat was that it was being blocked off “on safety advice” or something along those lines. 

This came from someone with family ties to someone working at the club. 

I actually wondered if there would be police repercussions for the March to the ground, stopping traffic etc and I’m still wondering if this is linked. 

They had police photographers jumping out the back of meat wagons when that was taking place and did not look happy. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

1 hour ago, dave mc said:

It’s a H&S situation,too many seats to get repaired on time,and we can’t sell a seat if it’s damaged,as that breaches so many rules,not much club can do,it’s out with their hands

Section was open yesterday and I am sure FCU will have season ticket holders in that space so going to be at other games,

Heres hoping they get in and help the atmosphere but behave like the rest of us!