Saints v LASK Thursday 26/08/21

Melbourne Saint

It's looking increasingly unlikely that there will be *any* TV coverage :-(

Saints TV relies on a regular broadcaster providing the feed. There's always coverage at league games, so that's why the international subscription is limited to a guarantee for "home league games". Away games for clubs also using the same streaming platform, and some home cup games (where a broadcaster can provide video), are a bonus.

We didn't get the Galatasaray game on Saints TV, even though BBC were at McD, because Saints sold the international rights to Spor Smart.

For this week's game, unless the BBC/BT/Premier/Sky decide to cover it, or if someone in Austria wants to pay for production, there won't video of any kind.

I'll be very happy to be wrong. 

Doesnt take much to break a seat at McDiarmid. Lost count of the wayward balls flying into the Ormond even before kickoff that have pinged seats apart. How many broken seats are we talking thats causing a 200 seat space to be closed, seems a bit ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Doesnt take much to break a seat at McDiarmid. Lost count of the wayward balls flying into the Ormond even before kickoff that have pinged seats apart. How many broken seats are we talking thats causing a 200 seat space to be closed, seems a bit ridiculous.

i also think its BS - because that section was in use on sunday

4 hours ago, california_saintee said:

It's looking increasingly unlikely that there will be *any* TV coverage :-(

Saints TV relies on a regular broadcaster providing the feed. There's always coverage at league games, so that's why the international subscription is limited to a guarantee for "home league games". Away games for clubs also using the same streaming platform, and some home cup games (where a broadcaster can provide video), are a bonus.

We didn't get the Galatasaray game on Saints TV, even though BBC were at McD, because Saints sold the international rights to Spor Smart.

For this week's game, unless the BBC/BT/Premier/Sky decide to cover it, or if someone in Austria wants to pay for production, there won't video of any kind.

I'll be very happy to be wrong. 

Well that sucks. Big time. Id've thought there'd be something. Don't UEFA have highlights from pretty much every game? 

Alternatively, can someone chuck a GoPro on their head, I can work out how to do the fiddly stuff (not in a Rolf Harris way).

You'll look cool. Incognito. I'll pay in kangaroos & possums.

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Gunni Torfason was a master at that.

13 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Well that sucks. Big time. Id've thought there'd be something. Don't UEFA have highlights from pretty much every game? 

Alternatively, can someone chuck a GoPro on their head, I can work out how to do the fiddly stuff (not in a Rolf Harris way).

UEFA have broadcast contacts for the group stages onwards. Nothing for the qualifiers/playoffs

St Johnstone have also landed in hot water with UEFA and have their own fine to pay - and have been ordered to close a section of McDiarmid Park for Thursday's Europa Conference League play-off against LASK.

The Perth club have been fined €3000 after pyrotechnics were set off during their Europa League qualifier against Galatsaray earlier this month, and a small section of the East Stand has been closed for the upcoming European clash........ so who's to blame??????

21 minutes ago, No-name Gnome said:

St Johnstone have also landed in hot water with UEFA and have their own fine to pay - and have been ordered to close a section of McDiarmid Park for Thursday's Europa Conference League play-off against LASK.

The Perth club have been fined €3000 after pyrotechnics were set off during their Europa League qualifier against Galatsaray earlier this month, and a small section of the East Stand has been closed for the upcoming European clash........ so who's to blame??????

I curious who you are? Clearly this sheds a lot of light on the issue with closing the section and if we are fined 3000 bucs it really does put a different perspective on it.

I think a statement from the club would be forthecoming if what you say is correct.

8 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I curious who you are? Clearly this sheds a lot of light on the issue with closing the section and if we are fined 3000 bucs it really does put a different perspective on it.

I think a statement from the club would be forthecoming if what you say is correct.

Club Statement

As we prepare for the biggest game in the Club’s history at another packed out McDiarmid Park, the Club would like to clarify the issues surrounding a small section in the East Stand.

The visual display organised by a group of our supporters and the subsequent fantastic atmosphere generated against Galatasaray was a credit to those involved and the Club sincerely thanks them for their hard work.

Unfortunately, at the recent game against Galatasaray, a small minority of fans within this section acted in a manner that put themselves and other supporters at risk by climbing on the adjacent wall.

Supporter safety is paramount to the Football Club. So therefore, with this in mind, we have taken the decision to close off a small number of seats which can be seen in the image below.

Further to this, there was also a pyrotechnic device set off within this same section by an individual which has resulted in St Johnstone Football Club being fined by UEFA. Once again, we would urge supporters to refrain from such inappropriate and dangerous conduct.

The Club would like to make it absolutely clear that no person or party are banned from attending Thursday's match against LASK.

The Club has also opened dialogue with the affected seat members of this section to ensure that both parties can work together going forwards.

Let’s all pull together, support the club in the right way and give everyone a night to remember.

16 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Configured live on BBC Scotland! Never been more happy to be proved wrong.

I'd still prefer to watch it legitimately, but VPN + iPlayer is better than nothing.

3 hours ago, byebyedundee said:

All I can say is a big thank you to the saintee who connected me to 

http://www.hesgoal.com/

Because my Saints TV does not show it

I get too distracted by the adverts on hesgoal. Who would have thought there were so many young ladies looking for older men in Perth!

5 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I'd like Devine to start. With Spoony going naturally left. Right MOH. Keep Rooney. 

So ..

Z

Kerr-Gordon-McCart

Rooney - Devine

Muzz-McCann- Spoony

MOH

Kane

Subs if goes to shite: Booth/Devine. MOH subbed for Middleton. Middleton shifts to centre/ free. 

Absolutely MUST NOT mess with the back line IMO, if Gordy is fit, I’d play the normal back 5.

And that’s a big if, if reports are true that he was seen hobbling around last week. 

I suspect we’ll try much the same as last week, but with Spoony in for Mikey/Glenn