Melbourne Saint

Saints v LASK Thursday 26/08/21

Recommended Posts

This is uncharted territory for Saints with the demand for tickets. I am a ST holder and did not expect to be able to sit in my own seat for this game. I have a ticket, don’t care where I’m sitting just glad to be able to attend and support this club. The negativity surrounding the sake of tickets is counter productive. Take a moment to remind yourself where we are and where we have got to and get along to support this magnificent team from whatever seat you get! COYS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

This is uncharted territory for Saints with the demand for tickets. I am a ST holder and did not expect to be able to sit in my own seat for this game. I have a ticket, don’t care where I’m sitting just glad to be able to attend and support this club. The negativity surrounding the sake of tickets is counter productive. Take a moment to remind yourself where we are and where we have got to and get along to support this magnificent team from whatever seat you get! COYS

I'll admit I was a little surprised when I saw tickets were for sale yesterday and were open to everyone but despite our season tickets being picked specifically so i have space behind to dump my kids' stuff and with a better view, I'm not bothered in the slightest that we're not in our seats, just excited to be at another great occasion. I got 3 seats together without any issue....even 2 hours after the tickets went on sale.

I get that there's probably an expectation that season ticket holders get first crack at tickets, been that way for years, but in my mind entry to Galatasaray at no extra cost more than makes up for that.

Those who renewed their tickets probably have a case though as they won't have had any additional benefit but on the flip side the arrangements for Lask have ensured that plenty other fans, many who may be loyal fans but don't have a season ticket for whatever reasin, can get to the game without the pain of sitting on the phone.....and let's not forget this gives the staff in the ticket office a break.

Arrangements for the disabled probably also need looking at for future high demand games though I think those supports should get first crack at the tickets.

However yesterday has been made out as a fiasco but I see Saints pretty much selling out in a matter of hours as fantastic.....2 sellout crowds in 2 weeks with a high demand league game in between, we'll have plenty cash to "encourage" the home office to move a bit quicker with their visa applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

I'll admit I was a little surprised when I saw tickets were for sale yesterday and were open to everyone but despite our season tickets being picked specifically so i have space behind to dump my kids' stuff and with a better view, I'm not bothered in the slightest that we're not in our seats, just excited to be at another great occasion. I got 3 seats together without any issue....even 2 hours after the tickets went on sale.

I get that there's probably an expectation that season ticket holders get first crack at tickets, been that way for years, but in my mind entry to Galatasaray at no extra cost more than makes up for that.

Those who renewed their tickets probably have a case though as they won't have had any additional benefit but on the flip side the arrangements for Lask have ensured that plenty other fans, many who may be loyal fans but don't have a season ticket for whatever reasin, can get to the game without the pain of sitting on the phone.....and let's not forget this gives the staff in the ticket office a break.

Arrangements for the disabled probably also need looking at for future high demand games though I think those supports should get first crack at the tickets.

However yesterday has been made out as a fiasco but I see Saints pretty much selling out in a matter of hours as fantastic.....2 sellout crowds in 2 weeks with a high demand league game in between, we'll have plenty cash to "encourage" the home office to move a bit quicker with their visa applications.

We only all got free entry to Galatasaray due to system limitations in the system not being able to give free entry promised to renewals and not new sign ups. 
 

I know that for a fact. It was not the club deciding to be generous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

We only all got free entry to Galatasaray due to system limitations in the system not being able to give free entry promised to renewals and not new sign ups. 
 

I know that for a fact. It was not the club deciding to be generous. 

So your saying if the system worked properly, Saints were going to charge for a game that was promised for free on the season ticket? That would surely be mis-selling and could be challenged legally if someone chose to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pat McGroin said:

We only all got free entry to Galatasaray due to system limitations in the system not being able to give free entry promised to renewals and not new sign ups. 
 

I know that for a fact. It was not the club deciding to be generous. 

I'm aware of that, doesn't change the fact that no season ticket holder had to buy a ticket. Regardless of the reasons many season ticket holders got an unexpected wee bonus at the expense of other fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

So your saying if the system worked properly, Saints were going to charge for a game that was promised for free on the season ticket? That would surely be mis-selling and could be challenged legally if someone chose to do so.

I think the issue was not being able to ensure new sign ups had to pay while at the same time ensuring it wasn't a open sale.

Totally strange situation given all the circumstances at play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

I'll admit I was a little surprised when I saw tickets were for sale yesterday and were open to everyone but despite our season tickets being picked specifically so i have space behind to dump my kids' stuff and with a better view, I'm not bothered in the slightest that we're not in our seats, just excited to be at another great occasion. I got 3 seats together without any issue....even 2 hours after the tickets went on sale.

I get that there's probably an expectation that season ticket holders get first crack at tickets, been that way for years, but in my mind entry to Galatasaray at no extra cost more than makes up for that.

Those who renewed their tickets probably have a case though as they won't have had any additional benefit but on the flip side the arrangements for Lask have ensured that plenty other fans, many who may be loyal fans but don't have a season ticket for whatever reasin, can get to the game without the pain of sitting on the phone.....and let's not forget this gives the staff in the ticket office a break.

Arrangements for the disabled probably also need looking at for future high demand games though I think those supports should get first crack at the tickets.

However yesterday has been made out as a fiasco but I see Saints pretty much selling out in a matter of hours as fantastic.....2 sellout crowds in 2 weeks with a high demand league game in between, we'll have plenty cash to "encourage" the home office to move a bit quicker with their visa applications.

"Brown" envelope? :laugh:

 

Did you see what I did there?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been on all morning and got ticket for the Ormond and when got to checkout - not available!

Whats going on? Tried several times and always get to checkout to be told not available despite picking several different seats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike_gain said:

However yesterday has been made out as a fiasco but I see Saints pretty much selling out in a matter of hours as fantastic.....2 sellout crowds in 2 weeks with a high demand league game in between, we'll have plenty cash to "encourage" the home office to move a bit quicker with their visa applications.

The LASK game isn't close to a sell out yet.

North Stand seems like there's barely anyone in it, while the Ormond is half full at most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I worked out the Ormond is full. Got one in the North. Jees the place must be about sold out!

It maybe be that you have to select the second option from the drop down menu in the Ormond. Just had a look myself and it was letting me buy tickets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mike_gain said:

I get that there's probably an expectation that season ticket holders get first crack at tickets, been that way for years, but in my mind entry to Galatasaray at no extra cost more than makes up for that.

I don't really see it this way. I didn't expect to be given free Galatasaray tickets and would have quite happily paid for them. What I was hoping for from my season ticket was a stress-free window to secure my preferred seats, next to friends and family, without having to join the ticket panic for big games. 

And of course I know that the club never said the season ticket guaranteed ticket priority for big games, but I've had season tickets on and off since the early '90s and as far as I can recall it's always been the case that season ticket holders get first refusal. That was a big part of why I bought a season ticket this season, because I knew there would be big games coming up and possibly a restricted stadium capacity.

If we get into the group stages there will be some massive opponents awaiting us and possibly even more demand for tickets. This is surely why we have season tickets and a fan database in the first place - to make sure that as many big game tickets as possible fall into the hands of Saints fans. I really hope sorting this out will be a priority for the club if we progress through the play-off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I don't really see it this way. I didn't expect to be given free Galatasaray tickets and would have quite happily paid for them. What I was hoping for from my season ticket was a stress-free window to secure my preferred seats, next to friends and family, without having to join the ticket panic for big games. 

And of course I know that the club never said the season ticket guaranteed ticket priority for big games, but I've had season tickets on and off since the early '90s and as far as I can recall it's always been the case that season ticket holders get first refusal. That was a big part of why I bought a season ticket this season, because I knew there would be big games coming up and possibly a restricted stadium capacity.

If we get into the group stages there will be some massive opponents awaiting us and possibly even more demand for tickets. This is surely why we have season tickets and a fan database in the first place - to make sure that as many big game tickets as possible fall into the hands of Saints fans. I really hope sorting this out will be a priority for the club if we progress through the play-off.

 

,100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder with it almost definitely s sell out by Thursday in any TV companies will show game. BBC have Rangers with 4 pm ko. Premier 1 have Celtic 7.15. Nothing on Premier 2 & don't think Sky or BT have the rights for Europa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I don't really see it this way. I didn't expect to be given free Galatasaray tickets and would have quite happily paid for them. What I was hoping for from my season ticket was a stress-free window to secure my preferred seats, next to friends and family, without having to join the ticket panic for big games. 

And of course I know that the club never said the season ticket guaranteed ticket priority for big games, but I've had season tickets on and off since the early '90s and as far as I can recall it's always been the case that season ticket holders get first refusal. That was a big part of why I bought a season ticket this season, because I knew there would be big games coming up and possibly a restricted stadium capacity.

If we get into the group stages there will be some massive opponents awaiting us and possibly even more demand for tickets. This is surely why we have season tickets and a fan database in the first place - to make sure that as many big game tickets as possible fall into the hands of Saints fans. I really hope sorting this out will be a priority for the club if we progress through the play-off.

 

I think away fans might be allowed in the Group stage (subject to red lists or whatever). Imagine the demand for tickets v Spurs or Roma........

Strange Times. Good times.

Would Saints move a game to a bigger ground? 

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Would Saints move a game to a bigger ground? 

I'd be surprised if we'd do that. McDiarmid Park is pretty much big enough for the vast majority of Saints fans to see even our bigger games, and you might actually lose some potential fans if you moved the game out of Perth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ormond is getting pretty filled up now. Just a handful in the top part right across excluding the end sections and the front rows still has space. Would say maybe 200-300 ish left overall. North has more space, but would say roughly half sold out now. There is maybe 1,500 left overall, which is an impressive amount of sales in really just a day and a bit.

Guessing most Saints fans who want to go will have already got by now, with folk buying tomorrow over phone who are not so good at buying online. There will be sales throughout the week, but I wouldn't expect just a huge about more sold than there is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...