Saints v LASK Thursday 26/08/21

Melbourne Saint

I have to say, this is absolutely embarrassing. Two red cards that were completely justified, we've completely lost composure. I know we're supposedly playing against a good European team, but we've struggled to pass all game, and it was just a matter of time before the first goal came. This game could've made such a difference for the club, the money could've ensured we stepped up to another level.

It's so frustrating because we could've put this tie to bed in the first leg. They were shellshocked in the first 15 mins of that match. Here they look far more professional, and we look like an undisciplined bunch of amateurs.

I really worry for this season now. I imagine players will be sold but - more than that - we have played poorly in the league so far this season and I think we're going to fall from this with a bump.

Just now, MySpazz said:

"It's so frustrating because we could've put this tie to bed in the first leg. They were shellshocked in the first 15 mins of that match. "

Agree with that.

Second half tonight was frenetic.

LASK broke the deadlock.

We then fell apart.

I'd say we never looked likely to win at any point tonight. I don't think that was the case in the last leg or either of the Galatasaray ties. 

19 minutes ago, Linky said:

I have to say, this is absolutely embarrassing. Two red cards that were completely justified, we've completely lost composure. I know we're supposedly playing against a good European team, but we've struggled to pass all game, and it was just a matter of time before the first goal came. This game could've made such a difference for the club, the money could've ensured we stepped up to another level.

It's so frustrating because we could've put this tie to bed in the first leg. They were shellshocked in the first 15 mins of that match. Here they look far more professional, and we look like an undisciplined bunch of amateurs.

I really worry for this season now. I imagine players will be sold but - more than that - we have played poorly in the league so far this season and I think we're going to fall from this with a bump.

So we’ve just had the most glorious 6 months as a Saintee Supporter and your whining .. The Dream is still alive we’re double cup holders calm down and reflect on our achievements then start crying when we’ve got 309 fans against Albion Rovers and are bottom of the 2nd division 

7 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

So we’ve just had the most glorious 6 months as a Saintee Supporter and your whining .. The Dream is still alive we’re double cup holders calm down and reflect on our achievements then start crying when we’ve got 309 fans against Albion Rovers and are bottom of the 2nd division 

Never thought I would see the day I agreed with 1 of your posts but spot on. Over reaction to say the least, we matched them all game until the insanity set in.

8 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

Exactly. Bitterly disappointed we didn't play as we can- credit to LASK for doing their homework. But still very proud. 

Look at Hibs and Aberdeen. 

We've yet to hit our stride this season. But I'm sure the squad will respond against Fakes. 

Pretty sure the reds only apply to Europe.

gutted tonight but could have been so different with a break here or there.  Subs were late in the day and as frustrated as I am at Spoony I’m pretty sure there’s no one more disappointed than him himself.  
Yes Lask we’re there for the taking but let’s. It forget their Euro regulars.

The negativity is way over the top, let’s remember we have an exciting cup game against Dundee ahead and still have our freedom of the city day.  Let’s put tonight behind us and reflect on being part of the most successful era of our beloved wee club

Time will tell how much of a sliding doors moment that is for this team.

Never really got going in the first half and were lucky that their passing around the box never came to anything. Better at the start of the second half but nothing really than half chances.

The goal made it difficult, Wotherspoon's sending off made it near impossible.

Rooney's sending off didn't really make much of a difference, I think we were gone by that point and if he didn't pull him down, you would expect the guy to score anyway,

Special mention for Murray, outstanding. Unfortunately none of the others got to that level of performance....which is really what we needed.

I should amend this to include Clark in the special mention category as well as Davidson....

Edited by MrBored
Including Clark

30 minutes ago, Linky said:

I'd say we never looked likely to win at any point tonight. I don't think that was the case in the last leg or either of the Galatasaray ties. 

dont think we looked out of this one, felt like we had a real shot, great atmosphere, intensified when spooner came on, but then ......

32 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

That was poor. Not using the squad in the united game and not freshening things up around 60 mins has cost us so much 

Wondering if there is substance in the mccart to hibs rumors. Cost is the tie over there and played poorly, and has been below average last three games 

Callum has been guilty of not using his squad all season. He is also slow at making subs. The team have played Thursday / Sunday for weeks now & after 70mins against Gala the legs were gone,the same tonight.

Tie should have been over in Austria if only we could score. Saints nil is al too common.

Muzz we brilliant.Pity there weren't more like him.