Zander

SaintJet

Chuffed to bits for Zander!

I recall a couple years back at Motherwell when we got scudded 4-0 some "saints fans" gave Zander dogs abuse from the stand; it seemed to me that Zander got the blame for everything that was wrong with the team back then. Once the back line got sorted out the confidence returned and we kicked on.

The lad is now a double cup winner and his contribution is not to be underestimated. He's a real presence and personality and this call up is recognition is for his hard work and fortitude. Well done son we are proud of you.

I think the manager has given Saints the minimum possible recognition he could get away with, and it took Marshal being relegated to Derby’s third team to achieve even that. Many congratulations to Zander, but it’s incredible that Kerr isn’t included.

There arnt as many top class Scottish goalies around just now, so he should be in for the long term.

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Chuffed to bits for Zander!

I recall a couple years back at Motherwell when we got scudded 4-0 some "saints fans" gave Zander dogs abuse from the stand; it seemed to me that Zander got the blame for everything that was wrong with the team back then. Once the back line got sorted out the confidence returned and we kicked on.

The lad is now a double cup winner and his contribution is not to be underestimated. He's a real presence and personality and this call up is recognition is for his hard work and fortitude. Well done son we are proud of you.

To be fair, I think Zander started last season in poor form. We just got lucky that he turned into the second coming of Lev Yashin at Christmas time.

20 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think the manager has given Saints the minimum possible recognition he could get away with, and it took Marshal being relegated to Derby’s third team to achieve even that. Many congratulations to Zander, but it’s incredible that Kerr isn’t included.

There arnt as many top class Scottish goalies around just now, so he should be in for the long term.

Delighted for Zander, long overdue.  Whether he is in the next squad will depend on who he is replacing.  If it is Marshall he should be OK but Clarke seemed to hint McLaughlin's absence was temporary, could be a Covid casualty.

If Gordon has a rush of blood to the head and gets sent off allowing Zander on as a sub things could change.

2 hours ago, Broggy Man said:

They were very critical of Steve Clark on the radio this morning with the main point being why only one saints player with Jason picked out as one who should feel aggrieved 

That makes you appreciate how much this team has accomplished. Didn't think I would ever hear of such a thing.

11 hours ago, south inch said:

If it is Marshall he should be OK but Clarke seemed to hint McLaughlin's absence was temporary, could be a Covid casualty.

This McLaughlin stuff in the press really annoys me. He plays for Sevco only when twatface has got gout. Clarke really loves his squad players to lick his arse & if they do, they stay for some time. He doesn't usually pick on form. Look at Marshall. Clarke would've loved him in the squad, but 3rd choice at Derby forced his hand. 

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, tucker said:

Think keeping zander may be very hard his form at the moment is tremendous must be a few teams looking at him

Will be surprised if Zander, Rooney & McCart are still here in January. If they are they will probably sign PCA's with other clubs. Either that or we will accept up to max £100 k to go in January rather than lose them in summer for nothing.

With our money from  top 6, winning 2 cups & Europa money we can afford not to let them go for peanuts.