Zander

SaintJet

A couple of papers saying Zander to have talks with Dundee Utd, been expecting him to go end of season, but always thought it would be out of Scotland. He's quite right to keep his options open at the moment as we're very unsure of what league we'll even be in. 

Dundee Utd not a good move for him, but perhaps no one else is offering anything? They seem to have a bit of money, so I guess he'll get a wage increase.

Parish is not a first team 'keeper. Joe Lewis might be on his way out, and wouldn't be terrible. Would Allan McGregor want to come back to one of his first clubs? Ross Doohan is having a good season at Tranmere, on loan from Celtic (he must be 4th/5th choice). Do we just make Ross Sinclair first-choice (I'd be in favour of this if we were in the Championship).

Surprised Aberdeen and Hibs aren't looking his way, as apparently both are in the market for new goalkeepers.

United just signed a Finnish international keeper not so long ago - do they not have any plans to give that guy a game?

I'd be fine with Parrish getting another contract but obviously we need someone else too. I'd think Sinclair might be destined for another loan somewhere?

If we're struggling for choices I'd quite like to see us consider Ashley Maynard-Brewer who's currently on loan at Ross County from Charlton. I saw him play quite a few matches down south and really rated him at the time.

St. Mirren have signed Trevor Carson on a pre-contract so he won't head there.  I'd heard that he'd had a move to Aberdeen agreed but Goodwin apparently doesn't rate him.  

Wouldn't be shocked to find rangers singing him to sit on their bench.  

If we start next season with Parish as our number 1 we will be in trouble no matter what division we are.  Would think we will end up going down the loan route and maybe give sinclair a chance in the league Cup group games

Rangers already have McLaughlin sitting on the bench, and might be signing the Dundee Utd 'keeper to do the same.

Yes, not sure what the deal is with the Finnish 'keeper - good age, good pedigree, international cap, long contract. Was he Siegrist's replacement, but hasn't turned out to be as good as first thought.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say I had a wee lump in my throat last night as Zander went around the pitch - I think the fans gave him a good send off too. He's been a class keeper and I wish him well for the future and if he wears that Scotland Jersey one day I will still regard him as one of ours!

28 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I have to say I had a wee lump in my throat last night as Zander went around the pitch - I think the fans gave him a good send off too. He's been a class keeper and I wish him well for the future and if he wears that Scotland Jersey one day I will still regard him as one of ours!

Once he leaves us he will be like Billy Dodds and CD he will be starting straight away for Scotland 

On 5/3/2022 at 3:31 PM, Linky said:

Rangers already have McLaughlin sitting on the bench, and might be signing the Dundee Utd 'keeper to do the same.

Yes, not sure what the deal is with the Finnish 'keeper - good age, good pedigree, international cap, long contract. Was he Siegrist's replacement, but hasn't turned out to be as good as first thought.

Sounds familiar!

Apparently the Finn has not settled and wants away, Zander would be a good fit at Tannadice, but I reckon a current international will have offers from all over. 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:56 AM, RandomGuy said:

I've done my scouting, and based on the usual Callum Davidson criteria, it'll be Ryan Sandford.

Ticks all 3 boxes.

- On loan

- From Millwall

- Little to no senior experience

Dylan Barnes fits that bill too.

THought Hibs were looking for a keeper? Haven't kept up, maybe they signed one

• 3 weeks later...