Saints v Saint Mirren - Sunday, 29 August

NaeAFakeSaint

I thought it could have gone either way today, and a draw was a fair result. Saying that, I'm fuming that McCarthy's goal was erroneously ruled offside, but thankful Middleton's strike crashed against the bar.

Credit to your supporters, btw! Although the game was officially home supporters only, it was clear from who and when they applauded that they were Perth Saints. That was a terrible decision not to give you an allocation, and as a member of SMISA (and therefore technically part-owner) I would like to offer an apology and I will raise it with the club, along with a list of other things.

Given you played in Europe on Thursday, I think you look a decent side. I think a place in the top six might be more difficult to come by this season, though. 

6 minutes ago, NaeAFakeSaint said:

I thought it could have gone either way today, and a draw was a fair result. Saying that, I'm fuming that McCarthy's goal was erroneously ruled offside, but thankful Middleton's strike crashed against the bar.

Credit to your supporters, btw! Although the game was officially home supporters only, it was clear from who and when they applauded that they were Perth Saints. That was a terrible decision not to give you an allocation, and as a member of SMISA (and therefore technically part-owner) I would like to offer an apology and I will raise it with the club, along with a list of other things.

Given you played in Europe on Thursday, I think you look a decent side. I think a place in the top six might be more difficult to come by this season, though. 

Tbf your stewards were asking at the gate,home or away,I swithered,but said away,he said that’s ok then,my granddaughter was worried we’d get punted :D

1 hour ago, NaeAFakeSaint said:

First time we’ve not worn our club’s colours to a match. Only saw one St Johnstone top among the fans. Weird. We wore our old Juventus tops. Stewards asked us home or away, and to please be honest. I asked why they were asking as there weren’t meant to be any away fans, when did it change, what happened, etc. Only when I was sure we’d get in did I admit our true leanings. How were they meant to enforce that anyway with a general sale of tickets. It’s not as if it was like us v Galatasaray. St Mirren seem to have lost it, whatever it is.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Wouldn't read much into that performance, beyond the fact it further confirms theres a gulf between our starting strikers and the back up strikers.

What gulf, none of them have scored in the league the main role of striker is to score goals. We can have all of the hard working stokers under the sun but if they can't score are they are not good strikers

Kane is one of the hardest working strikers in the league but he struggles to score.

May was a good goal scorer but something has gone wrong. Does he need to play beside a natural striker (like McLean)  to play his best football and score, He is not a lone striker.

Hendry has just failed to make the grade 

Middleton and MOH are not strikers therefore who are your starting strikers that you are referring to.

42 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

What gulf, none of them have scored in the league the main role of striker is to score goals. We can have all of the hard working stokers under the sun but if they can't score are they are not good strikers

Kane is one of the hardest working strikers in the league but he struggles to score.

May was a good goal scorer but something has gone wrong. Does he need to play beside a natural striker (like McLean)  to play his best football and score, He is not a lone striker.

Hendry has just failed to make the grade 

Middleton and MOH are not strikers therefore who are your starting strikers that you are referring to.

We look a far better side in terms of build up play, and chance creation, when Middleton and Kane are both on the pitch.

Without them, we are completely reliant on Wotherspoon. 

8 hours ago, andrew said:

First time we’ve not worn our club’s colours to a match. Only saw one St Johnstone top among the fans. Weird. We wore our old Juventus tops. Stewards asked us home or away, and to please be honest. I asked why they were asking as there weren’t meant to be any away fans, when did it change, what happened, etc. Only when I was sure we’d get in did I admit our true leanings. How were they meant to enforce that anyway with a general sale of tickets. It’s not as if it was like us v Galatasaray. St Mirren seem to have lost it, whatever it is.

10 hours ago, dave mc said:

Tbf your stewards were asking at the gate,home or away,I swithered,but said away,he said that’s ok then,my granddaughter was worried we’d get punted :D

It was a very strange affair. However, I think the club realised that, give the ticketing fiasco, tickets will have been purchased by away fans. The club had initially stated the North Stand was for away fans, then retracted that statement, but the ticketing website was still labelling the North Stand as 'away'. It's a shame you guys couldn't wear your colours, and it was a fiasco, however I'm glad you made it. :)

I have never visited Perth, in all honesty, let alone your ground. However, I fancy travelling up this season - if you sell us tickets, that is. 

1 hour ago, NaeAFakeSaint said:

It was a very strange affair. However, I think the club realised that, give the ticketing fiasco, tickets will have been purchased by away fans. The club had initially stated the North Stand was for away fans, then retracted that statement, but the ticketing website was still labelling the North Stand as 'away'. It's a shame you guys couldn't wear your colours, and it was a fiasco, however I'm glad you made it. :)

I have never visited Perth, in all honesty, let alone your ground. However, I fancy travelling up this season - if you sell us tickets, that is. 

You’ll be welcome, but not if you support Galatasaray :)

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We look a far better side in terms of build up play, and chance creation, when Middleton and Kane are both on the pitch.

Without them, we are completely reliant on Wotherspoon. 

What has that to do with strikers scoring. We can play well create chances but if we cannot put the ball in the back of the net we are not going to win and if we cannot keep a clean sheet we will lose.

I said before Middleton create more but he is not a striker his missed numerous chances in the past 2 weeks. We need someone to put the ball in the back of the net because Kane Hendry May Middleton MOH are not and if Wotherspoon returns to his average form he showed before last season we are in big trouble.

Where do we get a scoring for free good question but his is not a new problem this season it has been staring us in the face since McLean left for hearts in 2018. Each year I say we need a striker but in 3 years we have been unable to find one.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Nothing, but then again I never mentioned it once, so I guess you're having a conversation with yourself here.

Ok let's start again

You stated

Wouldn't read much into that performance, beyond the fact it further confirms theres a gulf between our starting strikers and the back up strikers.

I replied

What gulf, none of them have scored in the league the main role of striker is to score goals. We can have all of the hard working stokers under the sun but if they can't score are they are not good strikers.

You returned quoting my post about goals

to which we replied the above

I was taking about strikers scoring goals so when you quote my post about strikers scoring goals surely we are talking about goals

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

What has that to do with strikers scoring. We can play well create chances but if we cannot put the ball in the back of the net we are not going to win and if we cannot keep a clean sheet we will lose.

I said before Middleton create more but he is not a striker his missed numerous chances in the past 2 weeks. We need someone to put the ball in the back of the net because Kane Hendry May Middleton MOH are not and if Wotherspoon returns to his average form he showed before last season we are in big trouble.

Where do we get a scoring for free good question but his is not a new problem this season it has been staring us in the face since McLean left for hearts in 2018. Each year I say we need a striker but in 3 years we have been unable to find one.

It’s an absolute disgrace  that since McLean left we have only won 2 cups and qualified for Europe.