Steve Brown

16 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

But But But new season ticket holders we have Ali Crawford and £4.5 million in the bank….

You counting the fact we may get up to £1 million from Europa or the £2.6 million loan from Nicola.

May as well stay up all night posting as I am not going to be able to sleep. Beeling :twisted:.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

You counting the fact we may get up to £1 million from Europa or the £2.6 million loan from Nicola.

May as well stay up all night posting as I am not going to be able to sleep. Beeling :twisted:.

£5m in the bank will do us superbly as we trundle towards the relegation slots. 

We’ve replaced Kerr with a young loanee, McCann with Crawford 

My biggest concern is that with 6 loan deals, our ever lauded good dressing room is massively at risk 

Just now, Pat McGroin said:

£5m in the bank will do us superbly as we trundle towards the relegation slots. 

We’ve replaced Kerr with a young loanee, McCann with Crawford 

My biggest concern is that with 6 loan deals, our ever lauded good dressing room is massively at risk 

I am wonder how this will effect the rest of the squad.

Time to buy a G S Brown house the chairman having a wobbly and may sell £400,000 house for £100,000.

Another couple of kicks in the teeth for season ticket holders after the debacle of sale of tickets for the LASK match. How does he expect Callum Davidson to continue working miracles. Managed to drive  Tommy Wright out  and now seems intent in doing the same with our current manager. 

There seems to be no forward planning, in my opinion should have strengthened before season started and taken a gamble on progressing in Europe for the big money.

Sums it up when one of the clubs main announcements is Roddy Grant becomes full director.

Takes the covid loan.

Prize money from two cups.

Season ticket sales go up.

Full houses in Europe. 

Sells McCann and Kerr for a combined £1.8million and is gambling on add ons and blames a 21 year old who's under contract until 2023 as agitating for a move. 

Backs the double winning manager with Devine, Dendoncker, Muller, Crawford and McPherson. All on loan. 

Absolutely disgusting. Brown is an utter disgrace.

Just now, rik2304 said:

Takes the covid loan.

Prize money from two cups.

Season ticket sales go up.

Full houses in Europe. 

Sells McCann and Kerr for a combined £1.8million and is gambling on add ons and blames a 21 year old who's under contract until 2023 as agitating for a move. 

Backs the double winning manager with Devine, Dendoncker, Muller, Crawford and McPherson. All on loan. 

Absolutely disgusting. Brown is an utter disgrace.

Agree with all of this, plus appoints renowned businessman Roddy Grant to the board. The whole lot of them can take a long walk off a short pier. 

Greatest season ever , but never been any ambition at saints to try and take us up a notch, so no surprises under Broon .... guess there was a delay seeing if we could get into Europe next round before we started the boot sale.

Question we won't know yet is how hard did Callum fight for new players and to keep this unit intact? Depending on the answers we may or may not have an upset manager right now...

Could be even worse after January when he raffles the rest of them off.

6 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Shafted TW after the first cup win and shafted CD even harder now. 

The season is going to be some laugh.

Could line up.

Clark

Loan Loan McCart 

Rooney Loan Loan Spoony Loan 

Kane Loan 

What do we expect they shaft the support left right and centre, don't communicate rely on our loyalty, its a two way thing but this is the biggest boot in the baws in a long time, as above their lack of ambition adding a couple of players to the squad with the euro money on offer sums it, as long as they have the directors golf outings fcuk the support. Absolutely scunnered when we should be driving onto the next level we sleepwalk back into mediocrity 

Still furious. Don’t think I got to sleep until about 0300 after that and I’m not feeling any better about it today. 

Im guessing the guy McMann was our number one target, and typically, no one at the club thought to try and buy him before deadline day, to pre-empt these inevitable bids. So we’re stuck with another kid on loan. 

Honestly, I thought selling May for peanuts was bad back in the day, but this is far worse. 

Look at Nisbit. He wanted to leave Hibs last season but had a long term deal and the club played hardball over it.

Why couldn’t we have done the same and got what he was worth. Our complete lack of negotiating ability has me genuine questioning if there is any point in bothering going forward. 

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I wonder if we have spent the loan the government handed us? If so that is probably us just broken even from the European games and the sale of our two best players. That makes it even worse if it won't even be money in the bank.

Brown has absolutely drained any goodwill and enthusiasm. 

I think we went into Covid with a couple of Mil in the bank, so we likely burned through most of that, but we can’t have got through that plus the Covid loan 

Looking back at his record:

• Stevie May scores 27 goals in 2013-14, and goes for around £800k + add ons. The transfer was accepted by the chairman with May unclear as to whether he was staying or going (comparison: Nisbet scored 18 goals last season, Hibs rejected a transfer request for him and value him at £5 mill)
  • Failure to use the Scottish Cup win as a platform for...anything really.
  • Hires Roddy Grant to do...something? On a decent wage anyway.
  • Hires Kirsten Robertson to basically do the day to day work of being chairman because he can't be ****ed with it
  • Drey Wright is one of many players who wants to stay, the manager wants them to stay, but negotiations are so slow and frustrating that he leaves
  • Stevie May returns, held up by his agent demanding an extra condition on his contact, and rather than simply go 'No' or negotiate something Steve Brown goes into a rage and refuses to sanction the transfer, much to Tommy Wright's confusion
  • Wallace Duffy leaves on a permanent deal instead of a loan because someone used the wrong form
  • Tommy Wright, our then most successful manager, is sacked because he's fed up with the chairman/Robertson
  • We sign someone frmo Finland and don't have the paperwork to get him a work permit
  • We accept a £200k bid for Jason Kerr from Charlton. £200k.
  • Having said it would take a figure higher than £1.75m to buy Ali McCann, we accept one around £1-£1.2mill with add ons. Adds ons take figure to £2m before sell on fees.
  • Replacements for these players are all loans. No new striker. Defensive replacements are inexperienced. Not totally sure why we needed a new midfielder.
  • We still have players likely to leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Have I missed anything?

Edited by aagb1884
new info on Ali McCann transfer