Saints next 3 league games Vs Sevco, Aberdeen, Hibs

Melbourne Saint

15 hours ago, Linky said:

I have to say, I agree - 2 points from these games after the morale drop from losing two key players would be a good result. 1 point wouldn't be a disaster. 4 points would really get our season going.

9 points would see absolute meltdown for some  negative Minnie's on here ....

Not sure why there's so much negativity on this thread. Sevco will obviously be a difficult challenge but I don't see why we shouldn't be able to pick up some points over the course of these three games. We often perform better against the better teams and we obviously know we have nothing to fear from Hibs.

In terms of numbers our squad's in a better place than it has been for a while and we have several options available for most positions. Very interested to see how CD plans on having us line up for these games, and especially how he sees Crawford and Vertainen fitting in. My hunch at this stage is that we'll only see one or maybe two of the new signings start in the Sevco game, with CD easing the four of them in gradually. If MacPherson is match fit, I'd guess he has the best chance of starting, in a straight swap for McCann.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Not sure why there's so much negativity on this thread.

Some call it being negative others call it being realistic. We will play the first game  at least with 2 of our back 3 missing one permanently and an other through injury. That is a big factor in keeping a clean sheet which for us is the foundation for a win or a draw. Being realistic we will struggle to keep a clean sheet therefore we need to score for a win or a draw. In our first 4 league games we have failed to score (other than an own goal). Eetu may be the solation for our goal scoring problem but how many will he have to score for us to win or draw. Realistically I think we will get 2 points Optimistically 4 points.

The midfield will survive without McCann. Kerr is a bigger loss

2 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Some call it being negative others call it being realistic. We will play the first game  at least with 2 of our back 3 missing one permanently and an other through injury. That is a big factor in keeping a clean sheet which for us is the foundation for a win or a draw. Being realistic we will struggle to keep a clean sheet therefore we need to score for a win or a draw. In our first 4 league games we have failed to score (other than an own goal). Eetu may be the solation for our goal scoring problem but how many will he have to score for us to win or draw. Realistically I think we will get 2 points Optimistically 4 points.

The midfield will survive without McCann. Kerr is a bigger loss

I saw one post on this thread saying that it's "impossible" for us to win these upcoming games. That's not realism, that's negativity. If the manager and squad had the attitude of some on here, we'd have achieved nothing last season.

Kerr is certainly a loss but one thing we've surely learned through these years of success is that no individual is irreplaceable. We continually lose our key players, and we've had more or less a complete turn-around in squad since winning the Cup in 2014. Players will always come and go, but what we've found to be important is keeping the ethos of the team together and maintaining some form of continuity through the longer-serving players.

I think I'd have been very concerned if more than one of the back three had departed, and arguably Gordon (as the organiser) and McCart (because he's left-sided) would be harder to replace than Kerr. As it stands, we have multiple options the manager can call upon to slot into Kerr's position, and we have a ready-made captaincy replacement in Gordon. For me, Kerr's departure is far from being the end of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 10:05 AM, Melbourne Saint said:

Okay... 

It's impossible to win these 3.

We may draw 2 at best. Extreme best.

We might get 1 pt. 2 if lucky.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:00 AM, Saintdunc said:

Fight!!!

I feel we have a chance against Aberdeen, and, perhaps Hibs. A win against either would be amazing, all things considered, so the most I expect is 2 points. The game against Rangers will come to soon to get anything out of.

Unlucky not to get a point against Sevco, 3 points v The Sheep. If we don’t give away any needless penalties we have a chance of getting something from the game at Easter Road.

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Is that not the case in a lot of games though...ie v Rangers was heading for a draw at 0.0 ...or was it? we score they score..heading for a draw ..theu score..oooops.Thats how fitbaw works is it no??

That’s correct chief .also the match started as a nil nil draw.

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

but the game was headed for a draw !!LAUGH OUT LOUD

thats  correct it started nil nil so was already a draw heading for a draw ,and then some kunt scored .it wasn't a draw then.

3 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

but the game was headed for a draw !!LAUGH OUT LOUD

draw your own conclusions.i drew mine