Papa Johns Pizza!

saint-johns-toun

4 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Cafe Biba closing.

Last time we went in there it was really tired-looking and all felt like it needed a good clean. That was a couple of years ago now, but really doesn't make you desperate to go back. Shame, as it's a great location, especially with the new museum opening opposite.

We were going to give Papa John's a try a couple of nights ago and were a bit horrified by the prices TBH. Most of the pizzas cost around £19-£20 by the time you've customised them to what you want, and they don't even look particularly nice (I generally think chains like this don't do pizza very well, but we were up for giving them a go). They're also very vague on their menu about what the different pizza sizes are.

We ended up ordering from The Italian Corner instead and got really nice proper Italian-style pizzas for half of that price. 

5 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

Is that maybe the Goodfellows and Stevenson café?

no, thats in scott street, and there was one just further down from argos in the high street, im thinking back to when i was a kid back in the 70's/80's - think it was called templetons? I also remember the tea room that my gran used to take us to in south methven street!!! The tea room sign was still there on the building wall (above the burns lounge) until a couple of years ago!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 12:20 PM, blueheaven said:

We were going to give Papa John's a try a couple of nights ago and were a bit horrified by the prices TBH. Most of the pizzas cost around £19-£20 by the time you've customised them to what you want, and they don't even look particularly nice (I generally think chains like this don't do pizza very well, but we were up for giving them a go). They're also very vague on their menu about what the different pizza sizes are.

We ended up ordering from The Italian Corner instead and got really nice proper Italian-style pizzas for half of that price. 

You my friend have to work out there discount system. You never ever pay the price they have on the website for a pizza and never ever pay the price you are saying for one either.

• 3 months later...