St.Johnstone V Rangers - Saturday 11th September

SaintJet

31 minutes ago, south inch said:

Happy with the HT score but just realised to my absolute horror that the ref is Willie Collum.  Hope he does not show his usual desire to prove he is not biased against Sevco by producing a red card or awarding them a soft penalty.

If that’s in our box I bet my fkn house value that we wouldn’t  get the decision- yes there’s contact but by god it’s soft! 

Edited by bluesaint
Change

Great MOH goal. Saints probably scored too early and enforced Rangers to up their game. Shot ourselves in the foot with the penalty. Lost our way/ composure in the 2nd half a bit. Crawford should have scored, put off by defender but cant be putting over from there. Thought he played okay though and at least he got himself into the position. Zander will be disappointed he was so far off his line for the 2nd goal, it wasnt top corner.

Overall it wasnt a bad performance considering new players. Saints looked well drilled but it went out the window at times in 2nd half. 

We should be quite happy with a decent performance. Not interested in all of this not won a game this season rubbish. Probably our best league performance of the season. Rangers chances were few and far between.

Edited by Rob

Can't fault the effort and the cobbled together back three played well in the circumstances.

Need to see it again, but thought the gers keeper should have been sent off in the first half and whoever, knocked Craig down after the pen should have as well.

Not much you could do with Tavenier's shot...can't blame the keeper imo, it dipped to take it in....that said, he was given an awful lot of space to take the shot on.

Rangers were poor, playing far to slowly, picked it up in the second half. Crawford's chance really should have been put away.

3 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Can't fault the effort and the cobbled together back three played well in the circumstances.

Need to see it again, but thought the gers keeper should have been sent off in the first half and whoever, knocked Craig down after the pen should have as well.

Not much you could do with Tavenier's shot...can't blame the keeper imo, it dipped to take it in....that said, he was given an awful lot of space to take the shot on.

Rangers were poor, playing far to slowly, picked it up in the second half. Crawford's chance really should have been put away.

Wasn’t a red with the keeper, Mikey was headed nearer the corner flag than the goal. Same with the Craig incident, there wasn’t really any significant contact, Morelos coming in from behind knocked him over 

No idea why Rooney or Morelos were actually booked 

Edited by Pat McGroin

2 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Decent performance, was a penalty muller lunged a bit, thought tavenier got far too much space maybe Crawford closest to him, but again feel ten minutes too late with the subs only weakness Davidson seems to delay too long when some are tiring especially today with new starts etc 

Agreed,  Callum seems reluctant to make subs. It was crying out for subs. Some players getting leggy & Spoony looked ****ed & had a head knock. Went to back 4 too late and when we did we put them under pressure  ,making them time waste & clear the ball anywhere. I think we were a bit fearful of them & lacked composure on the ball ,just clearing the ball up the park instead of playing out of defence.  We missed McCann but given the lack of recognised first team players they did well.

We should win more than we lose.

I was in my temporary seat today.

the dude near me wanted Elliot to come on for Crawford ha ha I think we’re going to get along not.

on a plus side I couldn’t hear the east stand foghorn 

You could see the team had given there all at the final whistle,plenty to look  forward to . 

next stop Aberdeen in aboot them

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Couldn't make out what the stadium announcer was saying today, put that down to my hearing currently being at 50%,  however asking others round about me what was said, they didnt have a scooby either.

Come on Saints, PUMP UP THE  VOLUME. 

It would help if we had a PA system that isn’t 30 years old.... ours is terrible when you hear others, loud PA system with decent music gets the crowd pumped 

Good resilient performance from Saints... Magic Mike was excellent- he seemed to have a free role either side of Kane & caused Sevco problems. Special mention to Crawford, great display overall & was knackered 2nd. Rooney was, as usual interesting to watch. Did pretty well at the back, but I'm not sure whether CD knew he'd still gallop up the right- the first half when he was up by their corner flag chasing down players certainly wasn't a normal CD. Guessing CD told Brown to cover? Everyone put in a hard shift, thankfully a week off and scores elsewhere pretty decent.

A few points from today’s game

1) “2 dicks” is an incredibly incompetent referee

2) Rangers* should have been down to 10 men after ten minutes with the goalie sent off for his assault on MO’H

3) we were beaten today by a combination of incompetent refereeing and an incredible goal...........I don’t particularly like giving credit to the old squirm but the Tavernier goal was world class.

4) The penalty was one of the softest I have seen given but in reality you cannot argue against it. However in the aftermath Morelos lifting his hands like he did is a straight red card all day long.

5) I f we play like that every week we will be fine this season and may well finish highe4 than last season.

6) Our next 2 games could well define how our season is going to go, Aberdeen seem to be pretty poor and I would be disappointed to not take at least a point from Pittoddrie and Calum seems to have the measure of Hivbs.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Good resilient performance from Saints... Magic Mike was excellent- he seemed to have a free role either side of Kane & caused Sevco problems. Special mention to Crawford, great display overall & was knackered 2nd. Rooney was, as usual interesting to watch. Did pretty well at the back, but I'm not sure whether CD knew he'd still gallop up the right- the first half when he was up by their corner flag chasing down players certainly wasn't a normal CD. Guessing CD told Brown to cover? Everyone put in a hard shift, thankfully a week off and scores elsewhere pretty decent.

Rooney wasn’t playing as a CD. He was at RWB. Brown was on the right of the central three. 

1 hour ago, saintee in exile said:

Rangers fans losing their sh*t over Liam Craig on twitter going down too easily after the pen.Eh he got straight back up and certainly didn't make a meal of it.What are they like!

Yeah,but if you repeat something often  enough it becomes fact in their tiny little minds.