Aberdeen v St Johnstone - Saturday 18th September

blueheaven

Feel like there's a big opportunity here for Saints to finally start turning promising performances into points. Aberdeen have had some poor results of late and I reckon they're there for the taking.

I suspect the starting XI will be similar to the Sevco game, but I'd love to see Eetu get some more game time. With Middleton also available again and MOH hitting some good form, we have a lot of options up front. Great to hear that Bryson's close to a come-back too.

Assume this will be available for fans to watch on PPV? Nothing on the Aberdeen TV site about buying the stream yet: https://ppv.afc.co.uk/

41 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Was PPV not only for uk viewers last year as there were no fans allowed?

No idea, to be honest! I watched the Ross County game earlier this season on PPV (but appreciate that had a restricted crowd). 

The other two Premiership games happening on Saturday (at Ross County and Hibs) are both advertised as being streamed on the home clubs' PPV sites.

Who does Middleton repace ?.

Do we keep the same defence or do we replace Brown with Ambrose if fit.

Do we bring Davidson in to replace Spoony or Crawford.

Does Booth come back in if fit.

So many questions, but good ones. 

Over to you Callum.

Have to get something from this game. 

28 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe, but why are Ross County and Hibs selling PPV streams their home games on Saturday? 

The regulations which stopped this in the past are still suspended, so presumably Aberdeen have just decided not to.

(It's on Saints TV international which probably isn't much help to you.)

Apparently it's that this week England have reimplemented the law that states you can't show football matches between 3 and 5 on a Saturday afternoon. I think you should be able to get PPV if your IP address is linked to anywhere outside England (some live elsewhere, but their IP address seems to put them down as England, which is a problem with this).

However, in England you should still be able to watch PPV matches that aren't on a Saturday at 3pm.

27 minutes ago, Linky said:

Apparently it's that this week England have reimplemented the law that states you can't show football matches between 3 and 5 on a Saturday afternoon. I think you should be able to get PPV if your IP address is linked to anywhere outside England (some live elsewhere, but their IP address seems to put them down as England, which is a problem with this).

However, in England you should still be able to watch PPV matches that aren't on a Saturday at 3pm.

UEFA handle the administration of this broadcasting rule these days, on behalf of the member associations. They loosened the restrictions for everyone last year, and they announced the reintroduction of the restrictions for *English* games before the season started:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/

AFAIK, Scottish matches are still unaffected, so clubs like Saints can continue to provide Saturday 3pm PPV if they want to.

Aberdeen have presumably just decided they don't want to.

2 hours ago, california_saintee said:

The regulations which stopped this in the past are still suspended, so presumably Aberdeen have just decided not to.

(It's on Saints TV international which probably isn't much help to you.)

Aberdeen want visiting fans to pay £26 ,

to watch games in that shit hole ground.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Why does he have to replace anyone? Is he an automatic choice? When i suggested certain players were guaranteed to start I was told no one is guaranteed to start If the players in his position (whatever that may be) are playing well and scoring he will have to wait the price you play for missing the Rangers game where those who did play, played well 

If I have misunderstood your comment I apologise. Are  you are suggesting CD has big team selection decisions I agree. I am old school ,the man in possession of the shirt keeps it if he is playing well. But time change.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Why does he have to replace anyone? Is he an automatic choice? When i suggested certain players were guaranteed to start I was told no one is guaranteed to start If the players in his position (whatever that may be) are playing well and scoring he will have to wait the price you play for missing the Rangers game where those who did play, played well 

If I have misunderstood your comment I apologise. Are  you are suggesting CD has big team selection decisions I agree. I am old school ,the man in possession of the shirt keeps it if he is playing well. But time change.

No one is guaranteed their place and certainly not Middleton (who was often used as an impact sub for us last season). He's got to be in contention though. I think we'll probably see a couple of changes from the line-up we had against Sevco. It's a completely different kind of match so CD will probably want to tweak how we play. At the very least I'd assume Booth will come back in for Devine if he's ready.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I would say Middleton is the only one we have that looks like a goal threat & the way he has been playing this season,he will not be used as an impact sub. As long as he puts away the chances he missed against Lask that is.

40 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Anyone else tried purchasing it yet? I got a message saying I'm restricted from streaming it because I'm in England - even though I'm not in England. Got the same message a second time even when I tried again using a VPN.

Worked fine for me, but I had a log in from last season still so was just a case of logging in and buying it.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would say Middleton is the only one we have that looks like a goal threat & the way he has been playing this season,he will not be used as an impact sub. As long as he puts away the chances he missed against Lask that is.

According to the sports headline in the Courier (Eric Nicholson) "Firepower leaves Davidson thrilled".

Nil- Nil then. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Clearly not including Kane in that comment. And I hope that by saying that, he scores. Suppose this "firepower" statement has a lot to do with Eetu. 

Middleton looks the most likely player to score at the moment and O’Halloran seems to be playing with renewed confidence. I can see our 2021/22 top scorer coming from one of those three(Eetu, Middleton or O’Halloran)…. or whoever takes the most pens tbh.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

On 9/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, Cagey said:

Do we keep the same defence or do we replace Brown with Ambrose if fit.

Do we bring Davidson in to replace Spoony or Crawford.

Does Booth come back in if fit.

So many questions, but good ones. 

Over to you Callum.

Have to get something from this game. 

Not all good ones