Dundee V St.Johnstone - League Cup quarter final

SaintJet

After finally getting that elusive first win in the league we turn our attention to the league cup against a decent Dundee team who will be desperate to reach a cup semi final.

Should be a decent crowd through from Perth and a big home support out for this one so should be a cracking tie.

24 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

What's the injury news after Sheep game?

Sure there was mention that Muzz had "tweaked his back", but can't remember where now.

Wouldn't expect to hear any updates on anyone else before the game tbh. Would think Gordon is still out, and it's surely unlikely that Bryson/Gilmour will start if fit due to lack of games so far, MacPherson probably a different situation so he's a possibility. Muzz always recovers quick so again he could play.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Sure there was mention that Muzz had "tweaked his back", but can't remember where now.

Wouldn't expect to hear any updates on anyone else before the game tbh. Would think Gordon is still out, and it's surely unlikely that Bryson/Gilmour will start if fit due to lack of games so far, MacPherson probably a different situation so he's a possibility. Muzz always recovers quick so again he could play.

I'd think we might get a Craig-Wotherspoon middle two? 

Bit disappointing to see Gilmour not even getting onto the bench now. It feels like with McCann leaving and his replacement immediately getting injured, this should have been his opportunity to impress. Not sure if he's still having injury/fitness issues though.

41 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd think we might get a Craig-Wotherspoon middle two? 

Bit disappointing to see Gilmour not even getting onto the bench now. It feels like with McCann leaving and his replacement immediately getting injured, this should have been his opportunity to impress. Not sure if he's still having injury/fitness issues though.

Maybe Callum doesn't trust him despite giving him a 2 or 3 year contract . As we have seen with Melamed & Vertainan etc it takes a while for Callum to put his trust in new players unless he is forced to.

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Maybe Callum doesn't trust him despite giving him a 2 or 3 year contract . As we have seen with Melamed & Vertainan etc it takes a while for Callum to put his trust in new players unless he is forced to.

If that's the case then I'd have expected us to send him out on loan to get some game time. Perhaps we tried but couldn't get a deal done. Same with Ballantyne, really.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

If that's the case then I'd have expected us to send him out on loan to get some game time. Perhaps we tried but couldn't get a deal done. Same with Ballantyne, really.

I would like to see Ballentyne get game time but with McPherson & Crawford coming in I can't see him or Gilmour getting much game time. I am sure you can still loan players to lower leagues outside the window but I may be wrong. If they can be loaned I would like them to go out til January.

13 hours ago, GranitecitySaint said:

My mate hasn’t received our tickets (posted to Edinburgh) yet despite buying them last week and chasing it up yesterday. I’m sure they will appear tomorrow. Not sure if anyone else has had problems?

looking forward to to a cup tie under the flood lights

I’m in Edinburgh - ordered a ticket on monday (for the hibs game) and it arrived yesterday, less than 24 hours after ordering…..