Sign in to follow this  
SaintJet

St.Johnstone V Dundee - Saturday 2nd October

Recommended Posts

Expecting a big support through from Dundee for this one. Dundee have been playing well enough but not picking any wins so I hope we keep it that way.

Hopefully our injury worries start to ease up and we can put out a strong side for what will surely be a battle. If we can get the win it could give us some breathing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have played 7 tight league games and Dundee have played 6.  Does not suggest an open entertaining game is likely but so long as we nail 3 points I don't care.  Always nice to go into an International break with a win under our belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go.

Clark

Muller.       Ambrose.    Booth

Rooney                                                                    Devine.

Crawford.                      Craig 

MoH.                        Vertainen.                    Spoony

                         Kane never got much change out of Dundee defenders last week & Callum has to play e2 sometime. If not now then it looks like Callum doesn't rate his signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would go.

Clark

Muller.       Ambrose.    Booth

Rooney                                                                    Devine.

Crawford.                      Craig 

MoH.                        Vertainen.                    Spoony

                         Kane never got much change out of Dundee defenders last week & Callum has to play e2 sometime. If not now then it looks like Callum doesn't rate his signing.

CD didn't seem to rate Melamed either even though he was our most natural striker.Give the boy some minutes on the pitch and let's see what he can do.The lack of goals and creativity in the last third needs to be addressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would go.

Clark

Muller.       Ambrose.    Booth

Rooney                                                                    Devine.

Crawford.                      Craig 

MoH.                        Vertainen.                    Spoony

                         Kane never got much change out of Dundee defenders last week & Callum has to play e2 sometime. If not now then it looks like Callum doesn't rate his signing.

I think I'd go for the same 11, though I think Callum would possibly put Spoony further back and Crawford further forward. Also think May is pushing for a start at the moment.

Midfield could be shaken up a bit if any of MacPherson, Davidson and Bryson are back, although I'd assume they'd all have to make do with a place on the bench for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may put Rooney in back 3 and MOH wing back he has done this during matches this season. However, I see this as a waste of Rooney attacking abilities and he does occasionally forget, he is a central defender and joins MOH on the wing leaving a huge gap on our right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, SaintJet said:

Expecting a big support through from Dundee for this one. Dundee have been playing well enough but not picking any wins so I hope we keep it that way.

Hopefully our injury worries start to ease up and we can put out a strong side for what will surely be a battle. If we can get the win it could give us some breathing room.

I thought they would bring a big support as well, but looks like there running scared of a trip to Taysides number 1.

Not sure there not expecting a cash gate as only 6 to 700 behind the goal and a few hundred in the family main stand section.

I hope sales pick up before tomorrow, as we need the money!!! Saints end looking pretty busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I thought they would bring a big support as well, but looks like there running scared of a trip to Taysides number 1.

Not sure there not expecting a cash gate as only 6 to 700 behind the goal and a few hundred in the family main stand section.

I hope sales pick up before tomorrow, as we need the money!!! Saints end looking pretty busy.

Dundee showing as much interest as the posters on here.

Not much interest in the derby on P&B either.

BTW fair does to Charlie Adam for mentioning Liam about to break Saints all tie appearances.

Edited by Cagey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be the first match for a VERY long time that McCart, Gordon or Kerr haven’t been part of the defence.

From an absolute stick on:

Rooney     Gordon Kerr McCart     Booth


To a best guess of:

OHalloran    Rooney Ambrose Muller    Booth

 

Wow!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

This will be the first match for a VERY long time that McCart, Gordon or Kerr haven’t been part of the defence.

From an absolute stick on:

Rooney     Gordon Kerr McCart     Booth


To a best guess of:

OHalloran    Rooney Ambrose Muller    Booth

 

Wow!!

Callum Davidson get your boots on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 800 in North Stand, few hundred in family section of main.

Saints support out in big numbers, East and Main both very busy. Big increase down the FCU end, atmosphere will be great.

Watching this one on Saints TV as cant make it down but none the less super excited.

Great day for Liam to break the record, hope he gets a goal, will be a stick on for our penalty this afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundee in Dark blue and white shorts, Saints in wet royal blue and white shorts. Who let this go ahead. Looks terrible on tv. Worse than last week when officials and hibs keeper all in black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this