St.Johnstone V Dundee - Saturday 2nd October

SaintJet

Almost on topic (actually not on topic at all, but feck all else is happening) is the amusing story that Liechtenstein and Haiti both designed and adopted, independently and by chance, exactly the same National flag. Nobody noticed until the 1936 Olympics. Liechtenstein heroically volunteered to change theirs by adding a crown.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Surely light blue would have been better, They could at least have changed shorts or socks.

I think this shirt would have been even worse TBH: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/away-kit-revealed/

But yeah, I think it would have helped if Saints had worn blue-white-white and Dundee had worn dark blue-dark blue-dark blue.

23 hours ago, south inch said:

During the 2016 Olympics I chanced upon a basketball match between Jamaica and Australia.  The kits being worn were very similar as the national colours of both countries major on greens and yellows.  Heroically avoiding the obvious way to tell the players apart the commentator advised us that the easy way to identify the Jamaican girls was by the yellow stripes on their skirts.

Just happened across woman's basketball !:P.

Next it will be the clash of colours in beach volleyball;).

Noticed on Saturday the Ormond was empty. Wouldn't have thought that it was incase there was a demand from Dundee. It may be to save money on catering staff.

There were a few people coming into East that weren't sure where their seat was. It might be that there are a few more coming to games that didn't buy a ST.

I would have thought if families were moved it would be to Main.

Wonder where Dundee family fans were seated.

I mentioned the strip colour being too similar on here as soon as it kicked off. Think the rain probably made our blue look even darker as well. Couldnt see who was who very clearly on tv. The previous week both the Hibs keeper and ref were wearing all black. Dont know why those games were allowed to go ahead like that. We shouldnt have had to but could have worn the away kit or last seasons.

Edited by Rob

11 hours ago, Rob said:

I mentioned the strip colour being too similar on here as soon as it kicked off. Think the rain probably made our blue look even darker as well. Couldnt see who was who very clearly on tv. The previous week both the Hibs keeper and ref were wearing all black. Dont know why those games were allowed to go ahead like that. We shouldnt have had to but could have worn the away kit or last seasons.

Feels like the SPFL has really taken its eye off the ball on this subject. I still don't really understand how Saints were allowed to get away with last season's away kit, and now this from Dundee.

I saw that World Rugby announced yesterday they're banning teams in red from playing against teams in green, because of the issues it can cause for colour blind fans.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

There were a few people coming into East that weren't sure where their seat was.

We had the same thing near us on Saturday. Don't think I'll ever understand why a lot of people seem to have so much difficulty finding their seat!

On 10/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, blueheaven said:

Feels like the SPFL has really taken its eye off the ball on this subject. I still don't really understand how Saints were allowed to get away with last season's away kit, and now this from Dundee.

I saw that World Rugby announced yesterday they're banning teams in red from playing against teams in green, because of the issues it can cause for colour blind fans.

We had the same thing near us on Saturday. Don't think I'll ever understand why a lot of people seem to have so much difficulty finding their seat!

Saints were allowed to have last seasons kit just seems they werent allowed to always play in it or someone took the sensible decision not to. They were lucky that they had the previous seasons and the same sponsors etc.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:11 PM, Rob said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/italian-serie-a/story/4433525/serie-a-bans-green-kits-from-2022-23-campaign-for-television-clarity

Scotland should follow Italy. Oh wait that might upset one of the ugly sisters and the spoon burners.

10 hours ago, saintgscot said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/italian-serie-a/story/4433525/serie-a-bans-green-kits-from-2022-23-campaign-for-television-clarity

Scotland should follow Italy. Oh wait that might upset one of the ugly sisters and the spoon burners.

Imagine the uproar.....now that would be fun.

16 hours ago, south inch said:

I agree it would be fun but I think Celtic's 1st choice kit is too distinctive to fall foul of such a ban.  Hibs would just have to suck it up though they don't have enough clout.

Yep, the rule in Italy only affects teams whose shirt is a block of green. So Celtic would be fine, but Hibs possibly not (although I'm not sure if their white sleeves would be enough for them to get around it).