Celtic V St.Johnstone - October 23rd

SaintJet

57 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

No O’Halloran means we need a big performance from Middleton. Hope someone else:ph34r: gets their chance of Middleton isn’t producing. 

That would be about now… totally anonymous and  the ball bounces off him every time he tries to control it.

If Middleton could control a ball we wouldn’t have lost that goal for me.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I detest playing the old firm - it is a vile watch.

To be fair, Celtic have played really well.  For the umpteenth time this season, we seem to lack so much energy.  We're second to the ball every time and don't seem to be able to retain any sort of possession when we do have it - simple passing is abysmal at times, it's really frustrating.  Don't know what the answer is.

10 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

To be fair, Celtic have played really well.  For the umpteenth time this season, we seem to lack so much energy.  We're second to the ball every time and don't seem to be able to retain any sort of possession when we do have it - simple passing is abysmal at times, it's really frustrating.  Don't know what the answer is.

It’s the refereeing / old firm players attitude towards decisions and ebbs and flows of the match.

Another noticeable tactic Celtic employed that other teams have done this season against us is that they closed us down at the back really fast.  It never stopped.  We slow things down when we have the ball in defence anyway (don't know if they're being told to do that), but when it happens it just forces the long aimless ball and we're under pressure again. Livingston did that to great effect last week.  Like I said the lack of urgency and energy is so frustrating.

1 hour ago, HertsAgain said:

This is a bit of a worry and it's a noticeable difference from last season when, even when we lost games, I felt we always looked very fit and sharp and were generally winning our 50-50 battles. Prime example of that was the Rangers quarter final and the league game against them just before that, when we demonstrated exactly how to play against the OF.

Attacking has never been our strength so I'm less concerned about that, but a lot of the energy seems to have gone out of our play and we really, really need that.

26 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

This is a bit of a worry and it's a noticeable difference from last season when, even when we lost games, I felt we always looked very fit and sharp and were generally winning our 50-50 battles. Prime example of that was the Rangers quarter final and the league game against them just before that, when we demonstrated exactly how to play against the OF.

Attacking has never been our strength so I'm less concerned about that, but a lot of the energy seems to have gone out of our play and we really, really need that.

Wotherspoon still looks tired to me. International games means he needs rested and he's not getting it.

Middleton and MacPherson offered little defensively today, with the latter it's a big thing as McCann was so good in that part of the game. Not fair to compare them maybe, but the manager put that tag on MacPherson and he's not even coming close to it.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we have Bryson, Davidson, and Crawford, a run in the middle, but one way or another he needs to settle on a line up and play them for a run of games.

Only listened to this on the radio but when are we ever going to have a go at Celtic, only team in the league where we barely create anything against them. Radio had it as Booth misjudgement for 1st goal and a bad pass from Ambrose that lead to all sorts of havoc for the 2nd. They actually said Saints played okay and apart from 2 defensive errors didnt do much wrong.

Edited by Rob

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Only listened to this on the radio but when are we ever going to have a go at Celtic.

Probably not in an away game just a week after we've lost 3-0.

A thumping today and all confidence as lost, at least the players can look at it and see it was just daft, avoidable, errors again.