Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

9 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Random folk are speculating and are not basing things on fact.

Its not being presented as an opinion though, is it?

On 11/3/2021 at 6:48 AM, Melbourne Saint said:

What is fact, is there's a problem. It's not uncommon for certain personalities to believe they're "superior".

That doesn't work in CD's work ethos. If Eetu doesn't shake it soon, then it's "termination by mutual consent". Forget a loan out,  it's syonnara.

We've got a 22yo kid living, and playing, in a new country for the first time. Manager seems willing, based on Melamed, to allow players time to settle before chucking them in.

Yet we've got Saints fans presenting, as fact, that he's arrogant/has an attitude problem, and will soon be punted.

It's mad.

6 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Have you gone to mammy to greet?

Fact is he's getting next to zero game time. He's fit. Or do you just hide behind aimless pc posts?

OK well that doesn't respond to what I said at all.

You said "what is fact, is" and then went on to list a bunch of scenarios you'd apparently made up in your own head, including a suggestion that he thinks he's "superior", he's in danger of being released, and that "he lacks positional sense" (where does this quote come from?).

It's not the first time you've done this either. You previously said there was "a rumour Eetu is off back to Finland on loan/freed", but couldn't point to any source of this "rumour" when you were asked.

What exactly is your reason for desperately trying to spread/create negative rumours about a young player from another country who has only recently arrived and is still trying to settle in? What good do you possibly think is going to come from that?

Instead of snapping at anyone who questions you, maybe take a look at what you're doing and consider getting off the guy's back.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Its not being presented as an opinion though, is it?

We've got a 22yo kid living, and playing, in a new country for the first time. Manager seems willing, based on Melamed, to allow players time to settle before chucking them in.

Yet we've got Saints fans presenting, as fact, that he's arrogant/has an attitude problem, and will soon be punted.

It's mad.

Nobody wants him to fail! People are desperate for him to be a success and are frustrated about the situation. Naturally people will speculate. Welcome to the internet.

22 isn’t that young. He speaks English and has moved from one Northern European country to another. He’s hardly the first Fin to play here.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

OK well that doesn't respond to what I said at all.

You said "what is fact, is" and then went on to list a bunch of scenarios you'd apparently made up in your own head, including a suggestion that he thinks he's "superior", he's in danger of being released, and that "he lacks positional sense" (where does this quote come from?).

It's not the first time you've done this either. You previously said there was "a rumour Eetu is off back to Finland on loan/freed", but couldn't point to any source of this "rumour" when you were asked.

What exactly is your reason for desperately trying to spread/create negative rumours about a young player from another country who has only recently arrived and is still trying to settle in? What good do you possibly think is going to come from that?

Instead of snapping at anyone who questions you, maybe take a look at what you're doing and consider getting off the guy's back.

Oh god, do I have to take the time to dissect your pc waffle? But I will. Because you entertain me. Fact.

That makes me presumably one of the few people that do find you of any source of entertainment.

That said, 

"he lacks positional sense" (where does this quote come from?)."

- Posted by another. In fact, all I've stated can be found through this thread. Put down your slice of Battenburg cake and chill.

"What exactly is your reason for desperately trying to spread/create negative rumours about a young player from another country who has only recently arrived and is still trying to settle in? What good do you possibly think is going to come from that?"

- Ok, first off, he's not that young in the "youngster" bracket. 22 yrs is actually on the older edge where most "young" talent has already moved (McCann?). Look at Max- very determined. He came from Ukraine at 16 to Scotland, and that's an age where a lot of movement occurs. He's not an isolated example in football. Eetu, if anything, should be fairly grounded. I trust he is. 

I'm intrigued as to your next "blanc-mange" post. Because you don't really add much. A blot on the social landscape. (Fact).

Speculation, w-o-m, is all fine. Move on... and let's rejoice if Eetu actually gets more than 10 minutes!

I'll pop round to yours for a champion cuppa xx

2 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

Nobody wants him to fail! People are desperate for him to be a success and are frustrated about the situation. Naturally people will speculate. Welcome to the internet.

22 isn’t that young. He speaks English and has moved from one Northern European country to another. He’s hardly the first Fin to play here.

People clearly want some form of drama, that's why they're claiming he's got attitude problems and is about to be released/loaned to Finland.

22 is young. Have you any idea if he's married? If he has children? If these people exist are they with him or if have they stayed in Finland? 

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Oh god, do I have to take the time to dissect your pc waffle? But I will. Because you entertain me. Fact.

That makes me presumably one of the few people that do find you of any source of entertainment.

That said, 

- Posted by another. In fact, all I've stated can be found through this thread. Put down your slice of Battenburg cake and chill.

"What exactly is your reason for desperately trying to spread/create negative rumours about a young player from another country who has only recently arrived and is still trying to settle in? What good do you possibly think is going to come from that?"

- Ok, first off, he's not that young in the "youngster" bracket. 22 yrs is actually on the older edge where most "young" talent has already moved (McCann?). Look at Max- very determined. He came from Ukraine at 16 to Scotland, and that's an age where a lot of movement occurs. He's not an isolated example in football. Eetu, if anything, should be fairly grounded. I trust he is. 

I'm intrigued as to your next "blanc-mange" post. Because you don't really add much. A blot on the social landscape. (Fact).

Speculation, w-o-m, is all fine. Move on... and let's rejoice if Eetu actually gets more than 10 minutes!

Just because something has been posted on here doesn't make it true. Even if they claim to have been spoken to by a coach/player/insider.

I think it's reasonable for there to be a bit of speculation about why a player has hardly been seen. However, we had this with Melamed last year, so it seems likely that this is down to Davidson being cautious and wanting to make sure players fit the system rather than anything down to Eetu himself.

I think Davidson has spoken himself about preferring tried and tested players in this division, and I think we will continue to sign players from the clubs just above & below us in the league, plus those who have gone down to England and lost their way.

Depending on how things develop, I think there are some questions about how we prepare a foreign player for life in this league.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

People clearly want some form of drama, that's why they're claiming he's got attitude problems and is about to be released/loaned to Finland.

22 is young. Have you any idea if he's married? If he has children? If these people exist are they with him or if have they stayed in Finland? 

He’s not from Dundee so I’ll assume he’s no kids. If he has a burd then she can move here if she wants.

You referred to him as a kid before which is strange. 22 is not young in football. It’s not uncommon for teenagers to move to different continents. 

You’re making it sound like we’ve kidnapped a child and are keeping him in a locked room with no windows and no internet.

People will naturally speculate why our big summer signing has barely kicked a ball. I agree making up rumours isn’t helpful but like you nobody really knows what’s going so are left to guess.

6 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

He’s not from Dundee so I’ll assume he’s no kids. If he has a burd then she can move here if she wants.

Right we are.

So if you decided to move to Finland, and leave behind your family, we'd all expect you to settle instantly, and if you did ever dare to miss them and struggle with that for a while, we'd simply tell you to "man up".

Moving country is a huge thing in someone's life. Allowing him to get comfortable with that change, with new team mates, new tactics, new training regime, before chucking him in, seems sensible to me.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Right we are.

So if you decided to move to Finland, and leave behind your family, we'd all expect you to settle instantly, and if you did ever dare to miss them and struggle with that for a while, we'd simply tell you to "man up".

Moving country is a huge thing in someone's life. Allowing him to get comfortable with that change, with new team mates, new tactics, new training regime, before chucking him in, seems sensible to me.

Stop speculating! 

I would be absolutely buzzing if I was signed by a team in a bigger better league who were paying me more money than I’ve ever had in my life. Scotland is a quality country to live in.

2 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

That said, 

All fascinating stuff (and I'm really pleased you've somehow managed to bring being "PC" into it) but none of it actually addresses the point, which is you using the forum to spread and create negative rumours about a Saints player, and then claiming that those rumours are "fact".

59 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

I would be absolutely buzzing if I was signed by a team in a bigger better league who were paying me more money than I’ve ever had in my life. Scotland is a quality country to live in.

Well yes, that doesn't make it easy to adapt to a new country and league though.

This is what Callum Davidson last said about him...

Davidson added: “I have had a lot of chats with him because it’s difficult moving out of Finland for the first time and going to another culture"

But aye, because you dont think it's an issue then it should be forgotten about as an issue for everyone else.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Well yes, that doesn't make it easy to adapt to a new country and league though.

This is what Callum Davidson last said about him...

Davidson added: “I have had a lot of chats with him because it’s difficult moving out of Finland for the first time and going to another culture"

But aye, because you dont think it's an issue then it should be forgotten about as an issue for everyone else.

You’re really not getting this are you?

We don’t know what the reasons for him not playing are. You’ve taken on this weird narrative that it’s because he’s a kid that he’s struggling to adapt. 22 is not young in football anymore than 32 is old away from it.

You complain that people are spreading rumours to harm the guy when you’re basically on here doing the same thing. Anyone could take part of your post and say that Random Guy is saying it’s because he’s missing his family.

1 hour ago, Brian Potter said:

You’ve taken on this weird narrative that it’s because he’s a kid that he’s struggling to adapt.

The manager literally said last month that he's finding it hard to adapt to a new country.

Davidson added: “I have had a lot of chats with him because it’s difficult moving out of Finland for the first time and going to another culture."

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

The manager literally said last month that he's finding it hard to adapt to a new country.

Davidson added: “I have had a lot of chats with him because it’s difficult moving out of Finland for the first time and going to another culture."

Yeah, we know this. CD is hardly going to go public with the reasons he isn’t picking him. That’s what everyone is speculating about. 

1 hour ago, Brian Potter said:

That’s what everyone is speculating about. 

This isn't being presented as "speculation"

On 10/25/2021 at 8:22 AM, Pat McGroin said:

Without going into too much detail, heard from a usually reliable source that he isn’t quite the player that he looked on video. Tactically his awareness is miles off. 

Macca reportedly had a big bust up with him at training because he wasn’t pulling his weight. 

Melamed’s situation was a bit different. He had been out of football for a significant period of time thanks to Covid lockdowns so was miles off the pace. 

Vertainen came here match fit. 

Would not be surprised to see him leave in January. I guess it all depends on his application. 

On 11/3/2021 at 6:48 AM, Melbourne Saint said:

What is fact, is there's a problem. It's not uncommon for certain personalities to believe they're "superior".

That doesn't work in CD's work ethos. If Eetu doesn't shake it soon, then it's "termination by mutual consent".

Bearing in mind we've already rubbished this fabricated "Melamed spent longer out the game before joining than Vertainen" line, and have the manager confirming he likes the player but he's having to help him settle  then I'm not 100% sure why more people aren't questioning why folk are making up these "facts" tbh.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

This isn't being presented as "speculation"

Bearing in mind we've already rubbished this fabricated "Melamed spent longer out the game before joining than Vertainen" line, and have the manager confirming he likes the player but he's having to help him settle  then I'm not 100% sure why more people aren't questioning why folk are making up these "facts" tbh.

@RandomGuy you were doing so well... Another poster even cacongraluted on a first post that made any sense (since queried).

Lay back, exhale...

Life is a Saintee Wonderland!!!

On 11/3/2021 at 8:46 PM, RandomGuy said:

the absolute weirdos on here spend all their time pretending to be ITK 

On 11/4/2021 at 7:40 AM, RandomGuy said:

Yet we've got Saints fans presenting, as fact

Absolute weirdo. You've summed yourself up perfectly and you slagging others for making stuff up and presenting it as fact is an absolute classic! Brilliant. :laugh:

None of us will ever know details behind anything unless you're the actual player. Thats why forums are such a shitsh*w, but fun at the same time as its a guessing game, then arguing, assuaging various ego's.

Here's mine. As many of us expats have moved all around the world with work, moved families around etc, I can't see much hope for a fukin footballer from Finland thats struggling to adapt to the 'massive stretch' of culture a Fin finds in Scotland :)

If any kid wants to progress as a successful footballer, I can't see him hanging onto being homesick as some kind of personal barrier, or he's in the wrong business. Im sure he's moved all over Finland already and speaks perfect english.

Heres my speculation.... its manager talk that he's not good enough yet, which he wont say publicly, so he puts the hat on the good ol' homesick, country adoption to culture and system. Not saying any of this is wrong, but Im pretty sure he's not pining for his homeland like a lovesick Lapphund.

Our endless disappointment as saints fans is when we think we've landed some kind of Finnish Messi and find out later he can't even get in front of Kane for a first team striker start.....