Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

31 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Probably in the minority here but not a fan

Not really. Opinion seems split. The usual ageist crap flying around for a guy that turned 30 in July. Given we'll go into 2022 with a midfield including two 35yos and one aged 34 it's even more ridiculous. If we started next season with Max, Gilmour, Ferguson, Spoony  and A N Other Callum would get slaughtered. He obviously rates him and probably sees him as an experienced head in the squad going forward. In true football style though he's dammed if he does and damned if he doesn't. 

Crawford is a strange one for me. Clearly talented and can create, but doesn't look to me like he has the same engine and work rate off the ball as the likes of Spoony. With this supposedly a huge part of what Callum Davidson is looking for from his players, he obviously trusts him to be able to up his fitness levels with game time.

I'd be happy to see him sign up, but think we need to strengthen in the central midfield with players that can pick a pass but also put the same sort of shift in that the likes of McCann was able to as well as find someone that offers us a threat upfront... no pressure! 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Won't be at Oriam, Scottish Rugby is based there right now for the internationals.

The SRU use the internal pitch they have 2 external pitches one for the international and club squad and an astro which is in a stadium setting so behind closed doors. plus 3 or 4 grass parks that hearts use for training 

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

Saints playing Hearts in a  bounce game today, assume it will be at the Oriam. 

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Taking a chance playing against those hammer throwers just before a major semi final.

Presumably for Vertainen and fringe players/ players getting fitness. Parrish obviously in goal. Doubt hearts will put out anything near their 1st XI.

Be interesting.

I saw on one of the other sites that someone you'd expect really was ITK was saying that the Eetu being signed by the new recruitment guy and not being rated by Callum stuff is actually true. Also that MacPherson really was a last minute panic signing who was only available because nobody else wanted him. Interesting stuff.

40 minutes ago, Sergei said:

I saw on one of the other sites that someone you'd expect really was ITK was saying that the Eetu being signed by the new recruitment guy and not being rated by Callum stuff is actually true. Also that MacPherson really was a last minute panic signing who was only available because nobody else wanted him. Interesting stuff.

Link?

2 hours ago, Sergei said:

Callum Davidson decides who signs.

4 hours ago, Sergei said:

With greatest of respect to your reliable source but what a load of poo. :wacko:

4 hours ago, Sergei said:

MacPherson really was a last minute panic signing who was only available because nobody else wanted him. Interesting stuff.

There's actually nothing surprising there. We desperately needed cover at the last minute after McCann. As for no-one else wanting him, well it could be because there wasn't budgets/space at other clubs?

I think CD genuinely rates him. Wouldn't be surprised if we were going to make a move for him in the summer (or PCA) regardless. 

I don't think he's pish. His injury just after joining set him back and he's a young guy, will always be compared to McCann- unfairly. I like to think he'll learn his role & develop as a player. 

Edited by Melbourne Saint