Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

15 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

With May out till at least Christmas will we move for an out of contract striker?

And risk going in administration? No chance.

Christmas is only 5/6 weeks away so it's not that long anyway. Efe came in and played straight away but we're a few weeks further on and out of contract players will probably be that bit rustier. Just cant see it.

21 minutes ago, Sergei said:

And risk going in administration? No chance.

Christmas is only 5/6 weeks away so it's not that long anyway. Efe came in and played straight away but we're a few weeks further on and out of contract players will probably be that bit rustier. Just cant see it.

How are we going into administration by signing a guy desperate for a a job.

Its a silly idea anyway.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

He must be talking shite. We all know it's easy for a player to move to a new country and league for the first time and slot in effortlessly. 

Why do you say that? Your basically calling Davidson a liar.

I don't know what the hold up in the lad playing is but he's clearely not ready or he would be in the team or at least getting some game time. 

CD is the manager and I like to think he knows more about the reason than blatant sepculation.

24 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Why do you say that? Your basically calling Davidson a liar.

I don't know what the hold up in the lad playing is but he's clearely not ready or he would be in the team or at least getting some game time. 

CD is the manager and I like to think he knows more about the reason than blatant sepculation.

Think RG was being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I spent a few days a while back saying Vertainen wasn't playing for exactly the reasons quoted, while others were claiming its because "coaches" were saying he was awful and would be loaned back to Finland in January.

I thought his comment in the Daily Record was more telling where he said that time will tell as to how hungry he is to succeed.  

11 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Saints have been linked with a move for Dundalk defender Dan Cleary (25), who has made 22 appearances for the Lilywhites as their SSE Airtricity League Premier Division campaign comes towards a close. (via @McDonnellDan)

Centre back - perhaps a replacement for McCart?

11 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Saints have been linked with a move for Dundalk defender Dan Cleary (25), who has made 22 appearances for the Lilywhites as their SSE Airtricity League Premier Division campaign comes towards a close. (via @McDonnellDan)

As far as I can see, he has been Yellow carded 10 times in that time. Must be a shoe in with that record..

20 minutes ago, Linky said:

So, Ambrose replacement? I assume this is a pre-contract?

Sure their season has just ended so contracts maybe expire at the end of November or December?

I don't think we could play him until January anyway, as he won't be able to be registered until then.

If we sign him, which the report makes clear hasn't happened yet.

Edited by RandomGuy