Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

A good transfer window, for me, would be:

1) to get rid of Ambrose, MacPherson , Hendry & Crawford.

2) to sign whomever we can from the other loanees on pre-contracts

3) Gilmour back & into the first-team

4) signing this Irish defender, someone like Walker from Hearts and Drew Wright & Scott Allan from Hibs. Tried & tested players in this division.

What I expect:

1) Crawford (& maybe MacPherson) signed on full contracts

2) these 2 loan spots filled with Millwall or ex Millwall players

13 minutes ago, Linky said:

A good transfer window, for me, would be:

1) to get rid of Ambrose, MacPherson , Hendry & Crawford.

2) to sign whomever we can from the other loanees on pre-contracts

3) Gilmour back & into the first-team

4) signing this Irish defender, someone like Walker from Hearts and Drew Wright & Scott Allan from Hibs. Tried & tested players in this division.

What I expect:

1) Crawford (& maybe MacPherson) signed on full contracts

2) these 2 loan spots filled with Millwall or ex Millwall players

Canny complain about the Millwall players uptae now

43 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Don’t need a manager!! Ffs give Callum time !!

It’s the hanging on to him that might prove difficult, but CD won’t be cheap as he has only just signed a long term contract. Do PNE have the money considering how much they parted with in the last window???

25 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

It’s the hanging on to him that might prove difficult, but CD won’t be cheap as he has only just signed a long term contract. Do PNE have the money considering how much they parted with in the last window???

Owner died recently. Wonder if this is part of a strategy change. Seems a bit left field. 

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Davidson isn't going as someone else has accepted the Preston job. There was a post on Twitter saying that Melamed is coming back to the UK in January, could we perhaps have offered him another contract with assurances of first-team football this time?

Yeah but would take a couple of months to get up to speed even if he got s permit.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Davidson isn't going as someone else has accepted the Preston job. There was a post on Twitter saying that Melamed is coming back to the UK in January, could we perhaps have offered him another contract with assurances of first-team football this time?

I don't see how we could possibly give someone a contractual guarantee of first team football. If they're not playing well, they shouldn't be in the team. As frustrating as it was to see Melamed often left out last season, Callum made the right decision in not picking him for our bigger games.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I don't see how we could possibly give someone a contractual guarantee of first team football. If they're not playing well, they shouldn't be in the team. As frustrating as it was to see Melamed often left out last season, Callum made the right decision in not picking him for our bigger games.

I mean a verbal agreement, which surely happens all the time. 'You will be considered a first-team player if you sign'. I think in some loans, however, there is an agreement that the player will be in the first-team a certain number of times or they will be recalled.

6 hours ago, Linky said:
6 hours ago, Linky said:

Melamed scored first in a win for his side last time out. They are 3rd in the table, quite a bit behind the league leaders, after a bad start to the season. Don’t think he has been prolific though.