Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

7 hours ago, dave mc said:

Callum hoping for free agent this month,and 4 or 5 in January,according to courier 

I would have thought there has to be some going out if that is the case. 

I wonder about Liam Craig no good at his age sitting in the stand his home club, Falkirk,  struggling with his pal Sheerin in charge.  I could see him going out to there. 

Will be interesting to see in new Rangers manager looks to recall Middleton in January. 

17 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I would have thought there has to be some going out if that is the case. 

I wonder about Liam Craig no good at his age sitting in the stand his home club, Falkirk,  struggling with his pal Sheerin in charge.  I could see him going out to there. 

Will be interesting to see in new Rangers manager looks to recall Middleton in January. 

Sheerin was sacked a few days ago.

I'd be surprised if Middleton featured in Rangers plans at all.

Bit sceptical that we'll really bring in "4 or 5" in January - that feels like a helluva lot to me, and who's going to move on at this time of year to make way for them? Wouldn't be hugely surprised if either Muller or Ambrose depart, given how many defenders we now have, but I struggle to see who else would move on.

I wonder if CD is including Crawford and/or MacPherson signing permanent deals as among the 4 or 5.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, Linky said:

4) signing this Irish defender, someone like Walker from Hearts and Drew Wright & Scott Allan from Hibs. Tried & tested players in this division.

Bingo.

I imagine 4 or 5 would be Crawford, Cleary, Walker & MacPherson. Perhaps a striker?

I think Ambrose would be one his way out, and perhaps a couple of the loans cut short?

32 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I hope this is paper talk we do need another winger

Out-of-favour Hearts winger Jamie Walker could be set to leave on loan next month, with Livingston and St Johnstone keen to take the 28-year-old. (Edinburgh Evening News)

Yes, that's just ignore an attacker who regularly scores and creates goals in this division.

Just now, Linky said:

Bingo.

I imagine 4 or 5 would be Crawford, Cleary, Walker & MacPherson. Perhaps a striker?

I think Ambrose would be one his way out, and perhaps a couple of the loans cut short?

Hopefully Crawford and MacPherson are punted in January, neither anywhere close to deserving a permanent deal.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I hope this is paper talk we do need another winger

Out-of-favour Hearts winger Jamie Walker could be set to leave on loan next month, with Livingston and St Johnstone keen to take the 28-year-old. (Edinburgh Evening News)

He's averaging 1 in 4 and a  bit games,so 9 a season, better than we've had for years 

You'd imagine Walker would be a replacement for Wotherspoon and something that is needed given what Wotherspoon has offered vs the rest this season. Whether Walker could do the same is open to question.

If we are going to offer deals to McPherson and Crawford, then you need players who will do the 'dirty' bit in the midfield as neither of those two will. They probably do offer something going forward, but will be passengers when defending as we have already seen.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Devine go back to his club given the lack of game time he is getting. Ambrose also seems to have lost any confidence the manager had in him after the home game where he did what Ambrose tends to do....so wouldn't be all that surprised to see him leave, particularly if we get the Irish guy.

I do wonder why Guy's agent linked Saints into his tweet about meeting up with Guy in Israel and saying he still wanted back in the UK in 2022. At least he is scoring goals with his current club.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Bit sceptical that we'll really bring in "4 or 5" in January - that feels like a helluva lot to me, and who's going to move on at this time of year to make way for them? Wouldn't be hugely surprised if either Muller or Ambrose depart, given how many defenders we now have, but I struggle to see who else would move on.

I wonder if CD is including Crawford and/or MacPherson signing permanent deals as among the 4 or 5.

Crawford & MacPherson joining full time was my first thought too but Callum does say 'new faces' when referring to the hoped for signings.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Yes, that's just ignore an attacker who regularly scores and creates goals in this division.

Just ignoring things is something you know all about of course.

The tone of the article suggests we've been forced into the January activity because of injuries which doesn't auger well for permanent signings. I'd expect there to be a juggling of loan players where possible topped up with the minimum number of permanent deal/s. At least the recruitment guy has had a few months to work with Callum to identify players he'd actually want, rather than have foisted on him. I'm not getting too excited about it all though. It is Saints.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

My point is we need a creative central midfielder or central defender (if playing 3) before a winger He may create goals but do we have to convert them. We have just signed Viv Solomon-Otabor and have Middleton and MOH who can [lay on the wing Again a difference of opinion we do not need another winger

7 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

My point is we need a creative central midfielder or central defender (if playing 3) before a winger He may create goals but do we have to convert them. We have just signed Viv Solomon-Otabor and have Middleton and MOH who can [lay on the wing Again a difference of opinion we do not need another winger

Viv’s only here til January though… Two wide options wouldn’t be a satisfactory amount for any squad.

57 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Viv is away at the end of the month and we've lost Wotherspoon. 

I'd imagine we'll go back to 1 up front with 2 around them. For those positions we have Middleton, MOH, Vertainen and Crawford. I'd be happy to see Crawford punted and replaced with Walker.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm just ignoring your questions because you act like a fanny. I've PMd names to another about the players being ignored by the manager.

Congratulations on producing the most ironic post in the history of the internet. :D  Obviously the other posters you ignored asking the same thing must be acting 'like a fanny' too. You're right up there with JRR Tolkien and George RR Martin when it comes to making up fantasy stories. You should change your name to RRandomGuy. 

4 minutes ago, Sergei said:

Congratulations on producing the most ironic post in the history of the internet. :D  Obviously the other posters you ignored asking the same thing must be acting 'like a fanny' too. You're right up there with JRR Tolkien and George RR Martin when it comes to making up fantasy stories. You should change your name to RRandomGuy. 

*shrugs*

I know what I know, if you don't want to believe me then that's fine. We'll likely sign a 30+yo who's not played in 6 months, instead of a 23yo on a longer deal, in the next few weeks, and everyone here will still continue to bleat about "poor wee Callum" getting no help in his transfer dealings, when literally every single deal, in or out, has had his blessing since he took charge.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm just ignoring your questions because you act like a fanny. I've PMd names to another about the players being ignored by the manager.

Teddy bear thrown out of the pram. My world has now collapsed because you are ignoring my posts. However I will struggle on